Chapter Eight

Until We Met Under the Moon

Suho's Point of View

I don't understand why everyone here is giving me weird looks. Did I do something wrong? I see Chen come inside the house and he makes eye contact with me. "I need to talk to you." He says as he walks towards me. "Okay. What's wrong?" "Let's talk in my room." 

I follow Chen upstairs to his room and he closed the door. "What's the problem? Why is everyone looking at me funny?" "Really? You don't know?" "No." "You're not going to like this, but you need to know." "Okay?" "You need to stop hanging out with Tiana so much." "And why can't I hang out with her?" "Are you seriously that clueless? Kai is starting to suspect something."

Oh yeah. I forgot that Tiana was Kai's mate. "I guess you do have a point, but---" "I get it. You like her. I like her, but as a friend. A best friend. You need to lay off or I have a feeling something bad may happen and I'm sure you don't want that." 

"I don't. Especially if Kai's heat is getting more out of control." "What do you mean?" "Since he spends so much time with Tiana---" "Not as of late." "What are you talking about?" "Him and Tiana had lunch yesterday, and he stormed out on her because she was too busy saying nice things about you. So clearly, you left some sort of input on her." 

That's not good. "And Nalani told me yesterday that Tiana has mixed feelings about you." "What?" I said surprised. "Yeah. She may like you too, but she also likes Kai, so we have a situation here." "What do you want me to do?" "You can be her friend, but you need to know when to back off. Especially if Kai's heat is going out of the control. What if he picks a fight with you?"

'He wouldn't' I thought. "I beg to differ." Chen argued. We are both silent for a while and I muttered, "." "I know. But you can still be around her, just not as much as you were." "I understand. And I should know better. I was the one that told Kai that he should find his mate and stop being so, him." "We're all worried about him, so it's understandable." 

"Okay. Thanks for telling me Chen. I really appreciate it." I acknowledged. "No problem." He smiled. "Oh and could you tell the guys to stop giving me weird looks? It's really starting to freak me out." "Yeah. I'll talk to them." "Thanks." I smiled. 

I walk out of Chen's room and think everything through. He's right, I shouldn't be this close to Tiana, but she gets me and I get her. I just want to protect her, and be by her side, but that's not my place. Maybe I could be more of an older brother to her. That would be better, right?

End of Suho's Point of View~

I texted Chen to come over so I could talk to him about Suho and practically said the same thing Nalani told me. I wanted another person's input on the matter, and luckily, Chen was able to help me. He also told me that I should apologize to Kai, but he seemed so upset.

Maybe I'll just text him and let him cool down until he's ready to talk to me again. I feel bad about what happened the other day and he hadn't contacted me since the incident. Maybe he just needs space. I'm not good at this whole "Boy Crazy" thing. I was thinking about what I should say to Kai via text message, but nothing was coming to me.

I sighed and looked up at my ceiling. "Why does liking someone have to be so hard?" I wondered. I suddenly feel my phone vibrate and it's ringing. I look at the caller id and I see that it's Suho. I answer on the third ring. 

"Hello?" I say. "Tiana." "Yeah?" "Are you busy right now?" "No. Not really. Why?" "Can I talk to you?" "Sure." "Can you come over?" "To your house?" "We don't have to meet there. How about the coffee shop on campus?" Good thing I literally live right there. "Sure." "I'll meet you in five minutes." "Okay." I hung up and threw my sweatpants, sneakers, and a jacket on and headed out.

I get to the coffee shop and luckily, it's pretty quiet in there. I spot Suho in the back of the place and he's talking to someone. I get closer and I see that it's Chen. I sigh a bit of relief that I won't be alone with him. "Hey guys." "Hey Tiana." I sit down beside Chen and he wraps his arm over my shoulder.

"So what did you want to talk to me about?" I asked. "You and I are very close." "Yeah. You could say that." I said with a small smile. "And I enjoy hanging out with you when I can." "Yeah?" "But I know I shouldn't." "Why not?" "Because Kai likes you. And you like him. I think our 'relationship' should remain close, but not as close as it was."

I get it now. They must of talked to Suho and now he feels a little guilty about what happened between Kai and I the other day. I move a couple inches away from Chen and take Suho's hand. "I like the relationship we have. Yes, I do like Kai, but I enjoy having you in my life. You are one of my closest friends and---" "What about me?" Chen interrupted.

"Hush you. You're my best friend too. Don't have a cow. But Suho, I can't imagine you not in my life anymore. You're like the guardian I've never had. And I would hate for that to end if I liked another member of your family. Now I agree that we probably shouldn't see each other as often as we did, but I'd still like to see you whenever I need someone."

"So, we're good then?" Suho asked me. "Of course we are. Someone just needs to stop being a baby and talk to me instead of giving me the cold shoulder like he has." "He still hasn't talked to you?" Chen inquired. "Yeah. I told you, he's being a baby." 

"I'll talk to him when we get home." Suho assured. "Thanks. How does he expect me to come over and hang out and go to the game on Saturday, which I'm going to, if he's acting like this." "I don't know. That's weird. Even for him." Chen said. Chen checked his phone and he had a worried look on his face. "We better go." He said to Suho.

"Is everything okay?" "Yeah. We'll see you later." "Okay. Be careful with whatever it is." "Thanks." Suho and Chen left and I went ahead and bought a smoothie since I was at a coffee shop. After I ordered my smoothie, I head back to my apartment. At least Suho and I know where we stand in our relationship. 

I wonder what made Chen and Suho leave so suddenly. I hope everything is alright. 

Meanwhile

Suho and Chen arrive back at their house and Xiumin and Luhan come out to greet them. "What's going on?" Chen asked. "It's Kai." "What's wrong?" Suho asked. "He found out about you and Tiana." "We aren't a thing. We just came back from seeing her." "What?!" We heard a voice say. It was pissed off too. Kai comes outside and storms towards Suho. 

"You bastard!" Kai punches Suho to the ground. "Kai!" Luhan yelled. "Stay out of this!" Kai yelled back. He grabbed Suho by his shirt and looked him square in the eye. "Did you think I wasn't going to find out about this?" Kai sneered. 

"Kai," "I'm not done. Stay away from Tiana. She's mine." Kai threatened. "If I may, we patched up the situation with Tiana. They promised not to see each other as much as they did. She can't just not be friends with Suho, Kai. They're close." Chen explained. "But why does she have to be so close with you?" Kai complained.

"Kai," "You were the one that said that I needed to find a mate and I did. Why did you have to become friends with my mate? And not only that, but you have a thing for her." Kai snarled. "Let's settle this once and for all." Kai added as he let Suho go, but then squared up, so he was ready to fight. 

"Kai, I don't think there's any need to fight." "I beg to differ." Kai smirked. "I'm not going to fight you." Suho said as he started to walk away. "Why not?" "Because I'm not matched to you right now. You're completely out of control. You'll only regret it later." "Fight me." Kai taunted. "Kai, seriously? Just let it go." 

"I guess you don't like Tiana then." Kai taunted some more. That stopped Suho short. He turned around and looked Kai dead in the eye and said, "I do like Tiana. I adore her, but not as much as you think I do." "Suho---" Xiumin started. "I'm going to bed. Maybe you should take a run to clear your head, Kai. You definitely need it." Suho walks inside as well as Xiumin and Luhan. 

"She's all yours, buddy. Now, drop the hot shot attitude. And for all the stars in the sky, text Tiana." Chen said as he walked inside. Kai stood there stunned. "Maybe I should go for a run." Kai said to himself. Kai shifts into his wolf form and heads out into the woods. 

He's running as fast as he can until he reaches a spring. His wolf self looks into the water and he sees himself. His brown and cinnamon fur was hard to be seen in the darkness, but his gold eyes were very clear. Something in Kai's mind told him to go see Tiana, but not like this. But he had the need to go see her at least. 

Kai runs through the woods and he makes onto campus. It's pretty late, so no one was really walking around. He hides in the bushes when he sees someone come out of the apartment complex. He stretches his head out and sees Tiana taking out the trash. 

"Why do I have to take out the trash? It's so heavy. And not only that, Kris was there." She complained. She threw the trash into the dumpster and then her eyes met with Kai's. She's startled at first, but then she rubs her eyes. When she looked in the same area again, those eyes were gone. "I think I'm losing my mind." She said to herself as she started walking inside.