Twenty Seven

Until We Met Under the Moon

If there was one thing I HATED about college, it was FINALS WEEK. Everyone is cramming all the information from all semester and praying that they were going to pass their classes. I was no exception. I was stressed out all week. In fact, Nalani, Alice, and I had to have an all nighter one night and it absolutely awful. We all need our precious sleep and when morning came the next day, we were all very cranky and didn't want to see each other for the rest of the day.

I couldn't really hang out with Kai too much during finals week since I needed to pass all my classes, so I could keep my GPA in check. However, I did have a study session with him coming up and he needed my help. This will be the first time in a while since we've hung out since our date last weekend. When he decided to stay over with me last minute, I didn't know what was going to happen between us. Luckily, nothing too scandalous happened. I mean we both wanted something to happen, but it was too dangerous and we had to be pre cautious about everything.

Kai and I were going to get dinner and we were going to be studying until Kai knew every single fact from midterms up until now. That was my goal for the evening. I just hope our wouldn't get in the way. Kai was not kidding when he said we couldn't be as affectionate with each other anymore. It was too much for both of us. We could get really into, and it was great, but it could be pretty intense. I was meeting Kai at the dining hall before we had our study session.

I get to the lobby of the dining hall and I see Kai waiting for me. He's sitting down in the lounge area before you go to the register and swipe your student ID to get into the dining hall. His hair wasn't styled, which had been normal these past few days. He was wearing a dark blue cardigan with a white T-shirt underneath. His jeans were destroyed, but still showed how long his legs were regardless of how they looked. He looks up and his eyes land on me.

"Hey."

"Hey." He smiled.

"Were you waiting long?" I asked him.

"No. I just got here." He said as he stood up and walked towards me. He leans down and kisses me briefly and pulls away with a smile on his face.

"Let's go eat. Shall we?" Kai said as he linked arms with me.

"We shall." I smiled back.

Kai and I walked to the register and swiped our student IDs and walked inside. "How have you been?" Kai asked me when as we grabbed our trays and started walking around the buffet.

"I've been studying all day. I feel like I'm going to crash. How about you?"

"I've been studying all day too. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were helping me, but me and Kyungsoo can't be around Chanyeol for too long. He gets to be too much, so we decided to stop for the day. I'm pretty drained myself."

"I guess we both need this break."

"Tell me about it."

Kai and I grabbed our food and we went and sat down in one of the quieter dining halls and had lunch. "I missed you these past few days." Kai said to me.

"I missed you too. Finals week stresses me out."

"You said it. Do you think we'll get a lot done during our study session?"

"I hope so. Most of it should be review, so it shouldn't be too bad. Do you have a final tomorrow?"

"No. I don't have one until Monday. Why?"

"I was going to say if we're studying late, you could spend the night or something." I blushed.

"You know I'd love to, but it's too dangerous." Kai said as he took my hand and kissed my knuckles.

"I know." I said defeated.

"How's Nalani feeling about the ceremony?" Kai asked.

"I think she's more worried about finishing her finals than the ceremony. Plus, I'm afraid to ask her about it since it will probably stress her out more."

"Kris is the same way. Although, I think he's really excited about it, even though he may not show it."

"I can see that. I don't know why he tries so hard to be cool. He's such a goof ball. How did Nalani win his heart?"

"You don't know?" Kai said surprised.

"No. I remember her complaining about him. I never knew when they got together. It kind of just happened." I explained.

"Why don't you ask her? I'm sure she'd love to go down memory lane and tell you her romantic story of how she met Kris." Kai smirked. 

"Maybe. But now, we need to get to the library or somewhere and start studying."

"I guess you're right." Kai said. 

Kai and I picked upon our trays and headed to the exit to drop them off. We then headed to the study rooms on one of the academic buildings and started to set up and study.

"Studying !" Kai yelled unexpectedly.

"I know, but we have to do everything in order to pass. We can't just slack off."

"What's the point of having finals, if majority of the classes we take, we aren't going to use in the real world?"

"You have a point there. But your major, which are your core classes are supposed to help you with your future profession in the real world. Plus, so things we learn from our electives pay off sometimes." I explained.

"Yeah. I guess." Kai pouted.

"And you have nothing to worry about. You did really well during our last study session. Just don't slack off."

"You think you have all the answers don't you?" Kai said with a grin.

"No. I'm being logical." I smirked back.

"All right Miss Sassy." Kai and I continued to study for a few more minutes until we decided to call it a night. A person can only study for so long.

"I guess I better head home." I said as I started packing my stuff up.

"Me too. I'd like to catch up in some sleep."

"Sleep sounds so nice right about now. I miss my bed. It's practically calling my name." I said as I stretched and walked towards the door.

Kai chuckles and follows me out. We get outside and we stand in front of the academic building we were just in.

"I guess I'll see you when finals are over?" I said and Kai looked at me like I had two heads.

"How about I take you out to dinner tomorrow?"

"Dinner sounds nice. Any surprises I should know about?" I smirked.

"No. Just you, me and a good time." Kai smiled.

"I like the sound of that." I smiled.

"Can I walk you back to your apartment?" Kai asked.

"I don't know why you ask."

"I want to be polite." Kai pouted.

"And you are. And yes, you can walk me to my apartment." I smiled.

Kai smiles, then takes my hand and leads me to my apartment.