Chapter Twelve

Until We Met Under the Moon

Kai and I arrived at his house and I remembered the last time I was here, I danced with Kai and he had almost kissed me. I also remembered that it was dark and I couldn't really see the house, especially since there was a party going on. 

"This is what our house looks like during the day." Kai said almost as if he had read my mind about the house.

"I almost didn't recognize it without all the people and the loud music." I stated. 

"We aren't used to throwing too many parties, especially since we live in a neighborhood filled with a ton of families." 

"At least you guys know how not to be terrible neighbors." I smirked.

"I guess you could say that." Kai started. "Do you want to look around the house?" He continued.

"Um, sure." 

"Let's stop by my room first and we'll go from there." Kai took my hand and led my up the stairs to his room. When we got there, there were two beds. It was pretty tidy, and it smelled of lavendar. 

"You guys share rooms?" 

"D.O and I share a room. Chanyeol used to be in here too, but as we got a little bigger, he moved in with Baekhyun." 

"It's very clean in here." "Thanks. D.O makes sure that our room is really clean, although Xiumin is a bit of neat freak." 

I can believe that. He is the oldest. Plus, he has to set an example for everyone else. We walk out of Kai and D.O's room and head down the hallway. Kai told me who roomed with who, but he didn't want to invade on their privacy, so we didn't actually look in the rooms, which I found very sweet of him to do. 

We walked around the entire house (at least, I think we did) and we ended up in the living room. "So, what do you want to do exactly?" I asked. 

"Oh, you know. Hang out." "Yeah, but are we going to watch a movie, play video games?" 

"I really just wanted to see you after yesterday and wanted to have as much time with you before you guys go into hell week."

"I see. I understand where you're coming from Kai, but we have to do something." "We can look at the stars." "It's still day time and I'm pretty sure I'm leaving a little after the stars come out." 

"We can have lunch. Have you eaten yet?" "Not since this morning. You?" "Same."

"Well, let's see what you guys have and we'll make something. Worse comes to worse, we'll order something." 

Kai and I looked in his kitchen and couldn't really find anything that we could make, so we decided to just order Chinese food instead. 

Kai and I ate in comfortable silence, with occasional conversation in between. I feel somewhat awkward being alone with Kai. He kissed me yesterday without any warning what so ever. What if he tried to kiss me again? Not that I wouldn't mind, but I don't know. 

"You okay?" Kai asked me. 

"Yeah. Fine. Why wouldn't I be?" I replied. 

"You just seem a little out of it. That's all." 

"Sorry." I apologized. "No. You don't have to apologize." Kai said as he slid a little closer to me. 

"I just worry about you, that's all." Kai continued. 

"I appreciate that. Thank you, Kai." I said with a small smile. 

Kai starts to lean in a little closer and I grab our trash. "I'll throw our trash away. Are you finished?" I said as I stood up.

"Uh, yeah?" Kai said dumbfonded. I took our trash and headed into the kitchen. I literally just ed Kai from kissing me. What's wrong with me?

I threw our trash away and sigh to myself. "You sure, you're okay?" I heard a voice say. I look up and see Kai leaning on the wall by the door of the kitchen. 

"Yeah. I just keep psyching myself out." Kai walked towards me and took my hand. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked me. 

"You don't want to hear about my problems." I said as I tried to walk by him, but he stops me.

"Says who?" He said, while raising an eyebrow.

"Kai," "Tiana, I want to be there for you. Please?" He begged.

"Can we sit down?" I asked. "Yeah." 

Kai and I walked back to the living room and sat down on the couch. "You're going to have to give me minute." I said.

"That's fine. Take your time." 

I took a deep breath and told Kai a little more about me. "I have a mild case of anxiety. Especially when it comes to social situations." I continued to tell Kai that although I can seem "normal" a good majority of the time, deep down I may not be. 

I also told him how introverted I was, so there are times where I need to be alone and collect my thoughts. 

"I don't know. Maybe I'm just awkward."

"You're not awkward."

"Thanks." I said shyly.

We were silent for a little while, until Kai spoke up. "Does anyone else know?" He asked. 

"Just you. Nalani too, although I'm sure Kris probably knows too since she can't keep shut." I giggled. 

"Alice doesn't know?"

"I feel like she already knows. She's seen me kind of lose it, but I never really have problems around her. She keeps me pretty sane." 

"Thanks for telling me." Kai said. 

"You had the right to know." 

"So, when I kissed you yesterday, did it--" "No. I was fine. I was taken by surprise though." 

"I won't do that again, if it makes you uncomfortable." 

"I mean I did like it. I just--" "Just what?" Kai said as he slid a little closer to me.

"I just need time. And guidance. I'm not used to this." 

"What do you mean? Like relationships?" Kai asked.

"Yeah." 

"I promised that I would take things slow with you." 

"I know, but---" 

"Are you scared?" Kai asked me.

"I'm a nervous wreck." I admitted. I feel tears threatening to come out of my eyes and I look away from Kai.

"Hey," Kai takes my hand and I turn back and look at him. Kai caresses my cheek and wipes the tears from my eyes before they fall. 

"It's okay." He said with a small smile. "Thank you." I said with a small smile.

Kai and I look into each others eyes and smile at each other. I think we're having a moment here. Kai sort of leans in, but pulls back. Before he has time to make a decision, the front door opens.

"Hey, you two. Having a good time?" Sehun said as he smirked. I pull away from Kai and I see the rest of the boys walk in, except Luhan. I also see Nalani, but she doesn't come inside. "Come on Tiana, we gotta go get ready for our sleepover." Nalani said.

"Oh. Okay." I start to stand up and Kai grabs my hand. I turn and look at him and smile a small smile. 

"I'll call you." I said. "No. You won't. We have things to discuss." Nalani said as she started dragging me out of the house. Kai follows after us and I motion to him that I'd text him later.

I get to Nalani's car and sit in the passenger seat and we drive off. "You should stay away from Kai for a couple of days." Nalani said.

"What? Why?" "He has a lot of stuff he needs to deal with, so it'd be best if you weren't a distraction for him." 

"Kai can tell me that himself. Yesterday, you were all good about him being a good guy, why the sudden change of heart?" I said a bit pissed off.

"I'm just trying to do what's best for you. Just wait until Monday." 

"But--" "Please Tiana? Just do this one thing and I won't ask you to do anything again." 

"Really?" I smirked. 

"Really." She gulped. "Hmm. Okay. I have a feeling though Kai won't be too happy about it."

Meanwhile

Kai watched Tiana leave with Nalani and told him that she'd text him later. Kai turned to see majority of his brothers staring at him. "What?" He asked.

"How are you feeling?" Xiumin asked him. "Fine?"

"Oh yeah?" "Yeah? Why are you guys looking at me like I did something wrong?" Kai asked. 

"You know there's a full moon tomorrow." Suho said. 

"Yeah? So?" 

"You need to stay away from Tiana for a couple days." Kris added.

"How come? You can't keep me away from her." Kai said angrily. 

"We know that, but with it being a full moon and with your heat going into it's prime, it is not safe for Tiana to be around you." Suho continued. 

"But--" "I know. We didn't want to do this, but you could really hurt Tiana, especially since she still doesn't know about your 'other' half." Lay added. 

"Does Tiana know?" Kai asked. "What do you mean?" Chanyeol asked. 

"Does Tiana have to stay away from me too?" Kai continued. "Yes. That is why Nalani came and took her back to their apartment." 

"I know this is for Tiana's sake, but I don't know if I can do it. Her scent drives me crazy." Kai explained.

"I know, but we have faith in you that you can do it." D.O comforted him. "You think so?" Kai added. 

"I know so." Tao smiled.