Chapter Thirty

Until We Met Under the Moon

After I got ready, I head downstairs to join everyone for breakfast. "Good morning sleeping beauty." Nalani said as she grabbed some orange juice.

"Good morning." I said as I sat down beside Baekhyun.

"Did you have a good night last night? You disappeared after the reception." Baekhyun smirked.

"Why are you nosy? Did you have a good night Baekhyun?"

"In fact, I did have a good night. Thank you for asking." He grinned.

"God, you're an ." I said as I grabbed a plate of scrambled eggs. I grab the plate of bacon and someone sits down beside. I look over and see Kai. "Hi." "Hi." I said shyly.

We all eat in comfortable silence with a few conversations throughout the breakfast.

"All right everyone, we have some fun activities to do today. So, let's get ready for the day and head out." Nalani said as he picked up her plate and we all started cleaning up. I head upstairs and finish getting ready for the day. We all head outside and we all step inside to a bus.

I sit down by the window and Kai goes to sit beside me, until Baekhyun slid next to me. "You don't mind that I sit by your girlfriend, do you?" Baekhyun smirked.

"I guess not." Kai growled and he sits on the other side of Baekhyun, by Kyungsoo.

"So, why are you being so nosy and clingy today?" I asked him.

"I can't hang out with you? I thought we were friends?"

"We are, but---whatever."

"I actually sat by you because I wanted to ask if you wanted to be teammates for some of the activities."

"Oh? I guess that wouldn't be so bad. Hopefully Kai doesn't mind." I said worriedly.

I continue looking out the window and I see that the bus stops at a activity center that had laser tag, go karting, and miniature golf. We all get off the bus and walk inside.

"All right everyone, we'll first be playing laser tag. We'll have two teams. We already have the teams picked. Team Red is Alice, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, Tiana, Chen, Xiumin, Lay and Myself. Team Blue is Kris, Kai, Sehun, Tao, Chanyeol, Luhan, and Suho. Even though it's not even numbers, we're still going to have fun, ok?" Nalani explained.

We walk inside the laser tag arena, get our gear and sat on our respective sides, so we could hear the instructions on how to play the game. I already knew how to play, so I was ready to blow Team Blue out of the water. And I have an advantage, since I'm short.

The doors open to the arena, and I head out on my own. Even though we're on teams, it's still every man for himself. Or in my case, herself. I reach a dead end, but find another path when I see Tao. "Sehun? Where'd you go?" He whispered loudly. I shoot his back and his armor makes noise.

"Who's there?" He said as he turned around, but I had already ran away. I walk up a ramp and see Sehun looking all over the place. He turns around and I shoot his chest. "Hey! Come back here Tiana!" He says as he starts to chase after me. As I'm speed walking, since we can't run during laser tag, I see Kai.

I take a sharp turn and make it to my team's base. Kyungsoo and Xiumin were up here shooting people from above. "Did you get anybody?" Kyungsoo asked me. "I got Sehun and Tao. Too easy."

"Really?" Xiumin said with wide eyes.

"Yeah. Mind if I join you guys, until I feel safe enough to go back down?"

"Be my guest." Kyungsoo said. I got a lot people from above. It's a lot easier to get points this way. Baekhyun came and joined us, then he and I went back into the battlefield with everyone else.

"You have a lot of points, Tiana. What's your secret?" Baekhyun asked me.

"Don't get caught."

"You make it sound so easy."

"And where are you two going?" Baekhyun and I turned around and we see Kai. Kai has his gun pointed at us and mine is ready to shoot back, if necessary.

"Are you going to shoot us? You know it isn't even fair. Two against one. We'll let you leave now, to save yourself from embarrassment." Baekhyun threatened.

Kai points his laser gun at Baekhyun and shoots him twice, all while walking towards me and taking me away from Baekhyun. "Kai, we aren't on the same team. Let me go." I said as I tried to get out of his grip.

I shoot his back and break free and run away from him. I'm then suddenly in someone's arms. I look up and see Chanyeol. "Got ya." He said with a smile. "Chanyeol, let me go."

"Kai, I got her." He said and Kai goes back around the corner. "Good. Take her to our base." Chanyeol picks me up over his shoulder and carries me to their base. I need to get out of this situation. I wish I could call someone for help.

"Going somewhere?" Chanyeol stops and I see Chen, Lay, and Alice surrounding him. "How about you put our fellow teammate down, hmm?" Lay said.

"Not a chance." Chanyeol said.

"Chanyeol put me down, please." I begged.

"I was given orders to take Tiana to our base." Chanyeol said.

"Why? The game is almost over?" Chen said.

"Oh? Well in that case, I'll put her down." Chanyeol puts me down and I immediately shoot him. Chen and Lay grab his arms and we take Chanyeol back to our base.

"That was too easy. You're way too gullible Chanyeol." Chen said as he made Chanyeol sit down and we were keeping an eye on him. We then see Baekhyun coming into our base and he spots me.

"I thought he captured you?" He asked.

"I had some help."

"Clearly. Where you guys when Kai shot me and took Tiana from me?" He asked.

"We were already planning to stop Chanyeol. Sorry, man." Lay apologized.

"It's no trouble. The game is almost over anyway." Baekhyun sighed.

Another five minutes had gone by and the game was over. We leave the battle arena and check out our scores. I had the highest score out of everyone. I told you that I was going to kick .

"Damn Tiana. How'd you get all those points?" Chen whined.

"A lot of shooting video games, and playing laser tag a lot back home."

"Geez. You're like a freak of nature." Kris said as Nalani slaps his chest.

"I guess even if we kidnapped you, it really wouldn't have made a difference." Chanyeol said.

"I don't know about all of you, but I'm thirsty." I said as I walked to the snack bar and I don't hear much movement behind me.

"That's some girl you got there, Kai." Baekhyun whispered loud enough for me to hear.

"Oh I know, but she's not some girl." Kai said.

We all take a break and I'm looking out the window as I take a swig of water. "Can I join you?" I heard a voice say. I turn around and look up to see Kai.

"Yeah. I'd love some company." I said honestly.

Kai sits across from me and traps my legs inside his. "You kicked in laser tag." Kai said.

"Thanks. I guess I needed someway to get my inside emotions out." Kai leans towards me and I pull away. "Kai. We're in public." I blushed.

"I don't care. Come here." He said as he took my hand and pulled me closer. "I love you." Kai said as he rubbed the back of my hand.

"I love you." I said back to him.

Kai smiles and caresses my cheek. "Can I ask you something?"He said as he looked at me.

"Yeah, sure."

"When we're alone, could you call me by my actual name?"

"Would you rather I'd call you by your actual name all the time?"

"I don't know. I know I said before that I didn't care, but now I think I want you to."

"Well, if you want me to, I'll do it." I smiled.

"Cool, but for now can you just call me that when we're alone?"

"Sure." I said with a small smile.

"Hey, lovebirds! We're going to the go-karting track, are you coming or not?" Chen yelled.

"We're coming." I said to him. I turn back to Kai and looked at him.

"You ready, Jongin?" I smirked.

"Ready as I'll ever be." Kai---I mean Jongin said as we both stood up and caught up with everyone else. We all get to the track and I noticed that the track looks pretty real. It looked like the typical race track you'd see at a actual professional race.

"Is everybody racing?" Nalani asked.

"Yes!" Most of us said.

"Tiana? Are you racing?" Nalani asked me.

"I think I'll sit this one out." I said.

"Okay. You'll watch us, right?"

"Yeah. Of course."

"Do you want me to stay with you?" Kai asked.

"No. I'm fine. Go have fun." I said with a small smile.

"I want to have fun with you."

"Kai, it's okay. We'll have fun together at the miniature golf course."

"Okay. Cheer for me, okay?"

"Of course." I smiled. Kai kisses my forehead and he joins the rest of the group. I stand by the side of the track, so I could see everyone racing. "Tiana!" I look over to where my name was being called and I see Kai waving at me.

I wave back and blow a kiss to him. He puts his helmet on and gets into the go-kart. The guys line up and before I knew it, the race started. It was kind of hard to tell which one was Kai, until the very end when I saw one car drive up next to me, by the wall. Kai takes off his helmet and he's drenched in sweat. As gross as it was, he still looked gorgeous.

"Did you see me?" He said with a big smile on his face.

"Yeah I did. I got confused for a little while to figure out which one was you."

"Hey! Number 25, you need to park your go-kart!" The attendant said.

"I'll be right here when you come back." I said.

"Okay. I'll be right back." Kai drove his go-kart over to the rest of the go-karts and then made his way over back over to me.

"Let's go get you some water." I said.

"Okay." Kai took my hand and we walked to the snack bar.

"Do you really want to play miniature golf?" Kai asked me.

"I do, since I didn't race."

"Okay. After that, we can go home, and be alone. I'm still irritated that Baekhyun sat next to you on the bus and not me." Kai growled.

"It was a ten minute ride." I giggled.

"Still though. You're mine." Kai said as he hugged my arm.

"Someone's clingy." 

"I need to make sure he knows that we're together."

"We're just friends, Jongin. No one is going to get in between us." I reassured him.

"I know. Sorry, I think my wolf side is getting territorial." Kai admitted. 

"It's okay. Let's go play miniature golf."

Kai and I walk inside the miniature golf course and it was glow in the dark themed. We grab our puts and our golf balls and start our game. "Do you want to keep score?" I asked him.

"Nah. It's too much. But we'll still play by the rules."

"That seems fair." 

"All right then. Ladies first," Kai smirked.

I put my ball on the tee and I hit a hole in one. "Are you kidding me? We just started." Kai yelled. 

"Relax. That was just luck. Your turn."

Kai goes up to put and it takes him two tries to get the ball into the hole. 

"Why do you have a feeling that you're going to beat me?" Kai asked me.

"I don't know. I guess we'll just have to find out, won't we?" I smirked. 

"You're on." Kai smirked back at me. 

Kai and I were going back and forth at each individual hole. I liked that we could have competition, but still have fun at the same time. We get to the last of the holes and we start goofing off a little bit, but not drawing too much attention to ourselves. Since we weren't keeping score, we decided that the game was a draw.

"That was fun." I said as I put my put away.

"I agree. It was more fun, since we didn't have everyone looking over our shoulder." 

"Yeah. That's true." 

"Do you want to get out of here?" Kai asked me.

"I don't know if we can."

"Tiana, you're leaving tomorrow. I need some alone time with you before you leave."

"You're right, but we should tell someone that we're leaving to do other things. I don't want a repeat of what happened last time I snuck out with you." I frowned. 

"Oh yeah. Okay, let's go tell someone." 

Kai and I waited around until we saw Alice, Luhan, and Xiumin leaving the go-karting. We told them that we were going to head out and we'd see them back at the estate later. Kai and I catch a taxi and take it back to the estate, so Kai could get his car.

"Where are we going to go?" I asked him.

"I don't know. Just somewhere we can be alone." 

Kai and I drive around the area until we reach a river. Since it's cold out, there wasn't any people around. Kai and I get out of the car and walk towards the river. "Look there's a path that goes around to the other side." I pointed out.

"You want to go on a walk?" 

"Yeah." Kai takes my hand and intertwines our fingers. We start walking in comfortable silence until Kai speaks up and says, "I wish you were going to South Korea with us."

"Me too, but it's okay. There's always summer time." 

"What am I going to do without you by my side for three weeks?" 

"We can always video chat. And texting is still a thing."

"I know, but no physical contact with you will be really hard for me."

"I'm not gonna lie, I'm going to miss cuddling with you." I admitted.

"I'm going to miss kissing you." Kai said as he stopped walking. I turn to look at him and he's looking down at me. "I love you." He said to me. 

"I love you, too." 

Kai smiles and brings my hand up, so he could kiss my knuckles. "Let's go back to the estate." He said.

"Okay." Kai and I walked back to the car and made our way back to the estate. The van had not returned from the activities center yet, so we pretty much had the estate to ourselves. I head to my room and pack up my things, that when we I left the next day, I just had to walk out the door. As I'm packing up my last thing, I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

I look over my shoulder and see Kai behind me. "Hi." "Hi." Kai chuckles. Kai lets me go and he looks around the room. "So, this is what your room looks like." He says.

"Yup." I said as I zipped up my bag and placed it against the wall. I sit down on my bed and Kai walks to the door and shuts it. 

"Why did you shut the door?" I asked. 

"Just in case." "Just in case, what?"

"Just in case no one walks in on us." "Oh." I blushed. 

"Tiana," "Hmm?" 

"I want to try something with you, if that's okay." 

"What do you want to try?" 

"I don't want to spoil the surprise. Can I try it?" He asked.

"I don't see why not." Little did I know what I was getting myself into and that it also changed Kai and I's relationship.