Chapter Thirty One

Until We Met Under the Moon

"What did you want to try?" I asked Kai.

"You'll have to trust me with this, okay?" He said cautiously.

"I trust you, but I need some sort of idea of what you're doing." I explained.

"It's intimate, if that's what you wanted to know." Kai blurted out.

"It is?" I asked shyly.

"Yeah. If it makes you uncomfortable, I won't do it."

"But you already asked me and I said it was okay, so I should keep my word. And you did ask for permission."

"I did, didn't I?"

"Yeah."

"I'm not gonna lie Tiana, I'm nervous about doing this. I don't want to scare you away."

"I understand."

"For right now, can we just make out until I feel confident enough to do it?"

"Yeah. That's fine." Kai moves beside me and then leans in to kiss me. I meet him halfway and I feel Kai wrap an arm around my waist and pull me closer. I am then lying down on my back and Kai is hovering above me. He's looking down at me and I'm looking up at him. He intertwines our fingers together and he leans down to kiss me once more.

Kai goes from my lips to my neck and slowly makes his way down towards my chest. He stops when he reaches the neckline of my sweater. He looks directly into my eyes and I feel my cheeks heat up.

"Jongin," I whispered.

"Yes princess?"

"Are you sure about this?"

"I'm sure, if you're sure."

"I'm nervous."

"Do you trust me?" He asked me.

"I do trust you."

Kai gives me a brief kiss and gazes into my eyes. I look into Kai's eyes and I see so much love in them.

"Tiana," Kai whispers.

I look up at Kai and he has a small, genuine smile on his face. "I love you." He says as he caresses my cheek and I lean into his touch.

"He doesn't love you." A voice suddenly said.

'What?' I thought to myself.

"Why would he love someone like you?" The voice continued.

"You're wrong." I whispered.

"Who's wrong?" Kai asked me confused.

"Do you see the way he looks at you? He looks at you through pity."

"You're lying!" I screamed as I sat up in bed and held my head in my hands.

"Tiana, what's wrong? Who are you talking to?" Kai said trying to talk to me.

"You don't deserve to be with him. He's way out of your league." The voice taunted.

"Stop it!" I screamed as tears started to form and I curl myself into a ball.

"Do you really think someone like Kai could ever like someone like you? You're literally NOTHING, compared to him. Why don't you just disappear. No one likes you anyway."

"That's not true." I cried.

"You're so naive. Just die already." The voice finished.

I suddenly scream and feel like everything is on fire. My heart is beating way out of control, I feel like the world is being in and it's hard for me to breathe. I hear voices around me and I'm suddenly sitting up and Nalani is in front of me.

"Tiana, look at me." She said in a quiet voice.

My eyes shift throughout the room. Kai is still beside me, Nalani in front of me, Kris is standing beside Nalani, Suho is beside Kai, and Baekhyun is on my other side.

I scramble myself backwards so my back is against the headrest and Nalani carefully holds my hand.

"Tiana, it's okay. I won't hurt you." she whispered.

I snatch my hand away from Nalani and shake my head. "Stay away." I whisper.

"Tiana, it's okay." I heard a voice say and I realize it's Baekhyun's. He gently takes my hand and looks into my eyes. "Can you take some deep breaths for me?" He asked me.

I shake my head and he intertwines our fingers. "I'll do them with you, okay?" He said reassuringly.

"Look at me," He started. "Breathe in," He demonstrated and I started to follow him. "Breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out." My heart beat starts to slow down and I start to get a little sleepy. I continue to hold Baekhyun's hand and had somehow ended up in his lap, with my head in his chest.

"I'm going to call her mom." Nalani whispered.

"Baekhyun, can you stay with her?" Suho asked.

"If it's okay with Kai, I'll stay." Baekhyun answered.

"You can stay with her. I'll be outside." Kai said suddenly as he got up and headed out of the room.

"Poor guy. He always helps when she has an attack." Suho said.

"That's the worst I've seen it." Nalani said.

"Really?" Kris said astonished.

"Yeah. And she's never pulled away from me before. That was new."

"You did a good job, nonetheless." Kris said with a small smile.

"Let's go outside. Keep an eye on her, Baekhyun." Suho said.

"I will." He whispered.

/ / / / / / / / / / / /

"Is Tiana all right?" Alice asked.

"Yeah. She had a nasty panic attack. Oh, her mom is calling me. Hi, Mrs. Noble. I'm good, and yourself? That's good. Tiana, had a really bad panic attack. I don't know, I wasn't with her. Yes, she was with Kai. Kai, her boyfriend. Yeah, she has a boyfriend. He treats her well. Yeah, he's right here."

Nalani hands the phone over to Kai and Kai takes it without hesitation.

"Hi, Mrs. Noble. . . Yeah, we were hanging out and suddenly she started yelling to herself. . . . Yeah, someone's watching her right now. He was able to calm her down. . . Yes, I've calmed her down before, but this was something I'd never seen before. She said she'd come home tomorrow. . . . Yes, I'll tell her. . . . It was no trouble, I care about her. . . . I look forward to meeting you as well. I'll give the phone back to Nalani. Take care."

Kai hands the phone back over to Nalani and Nalani finishes the conversation with Tiana's mom.

"Well?" Chen asked.

"Tiana is going home tomorrow. Her mom is going to come get her." Nalani explained.

"Her mom told me that Tiana should call her whenever she's ready to talk." Kai added.

"Poor Tiana," Chanyeol frowned.

"I'd never seen her look so scared before. I didn't know what to do." Kai admits.

"It's okay. You did what you could." Kyungsoo said.

"You said that she was yelling to herself?" Xiumin asked.

"Yeah. I guess there were voices in her head telling her negative things."

"Does she have schizophrenia?" Suho asked.

"No. Not that I know of. She would have told me. I think something must of triggered her anxiety and just made it overload causing the voices in her head." Nalani explained.

"What were you two doing before she started yelling at herself?" Lay asked Kai.

"We were going to be intimate. I asked for her permission it was okay and she said yes. She looked uneasy, so I didn't push. Suddenly, she was talking to herself and she sat up and grabbed her head and said, 'you're lying' and 'stop it.' I can only imagine what those voices were saying. It literally broke me seeing her like that." Kai explained.

"For now, let's just give her some time to get herself together." Suho said.

/ / / / / / / / / /

I woke up in someone's chest. My hand was intertwined with theirs and I hear light humming coming from the source. I look up and see Baekhyun, lightly caressing my hair when he finally looks down at me and smiles a small smile.

"Hi, sleepyhead."

"Hi." I said quietly.

"You all right?" He asked me.

I nod my head and look around the room. "Where's Jongin?" I asked quietly.

"He's outside. Would you like to see him?" Baekhyun asked me.

I nod my head and Baekhyun takes out his phone and texts him. A few seconds later, there's a knock on the door. The door opens and there's Kai.

"May I come in?" He asked me. I nod my head and Kai walks inside and shuts the door behind him. He walks to the bed and stands beside it.

"May I sit beside you?" He asked me.

I nod my head and Kai sits down beside me. "Baekhyun, you're a lifesaver." Kai said.

"Don't thank me just yet. What did her mom say?" He asked.

"She wants to talk to her. And she's coming to get her tomorrow morning."

"Okay. Can we call your mom?" Baekhyun asked me.

"Yeah." I said quietly. I start to get up, but Baekhyun hold me back.

"Kai, will get your phone."

"Where's your phone, Tiana?"

I point to my jacket and Kai gets up and gets it. He hands me my phone and I dial my mom's number. She answers on the second ring.

"Hi Tiana,"

"Hi mom."

"You okay? Nalani told me you had a really bad panic attack."

"Yeah, I'm okay. Baekhyun was able to calm me down."

"Is Kai with you?" She asked me.

"Yeah. How do you know about Kai?"

"Nalani told me about him and he talked to me himself." She explained.

"Oh." "You have a good catch, Tiana. He cares about you a lot. When were you going to tell me that you had a boyfriend?" She teased.

"I was going to tell you when I got home. I'm afraid to tell dad."

"You'll tell him when you're ready. I'm coming to get you tomorrow in the morning."

"Okay. I love you, mom."

"I love you too. I'll see you in the morning, okay?"

"Okay." Then she hung up. "I'm going home tomorrow." I said.

"I know. We're going to take you back to your apartment tonight." Kai said.

"Am I going to be alone?" I asked.

"No. Someone will be with you."

"Okay."

"Do you have a preference of who you want with you?" Baekhyun asked.

"You two and Alice." I said quietly.

"Not Nalani?" Kai asked me.

"I don't want to ruin her weekend. Although, I already have." I frowned.

"You didn't ruin her weekend." Baekhyun said.

"Yeah right. The voice was right, no one like me anyway." I sobbed.

"Tiana," Kai said as he took my hand and gazed into my eyes.

"Everyone loves you. I love you. Why would you think that?" He said.

"I'm just a naive brat who doesn't any love."

"Tiana, I think of you as my little sister and I adore the hell out of you. So, don't you dare say that you don't deserve any love when you should have all of it." Baekhyun said to me.

"And I'd do anything for you, Tiana. You know that." Kai finished. By now, my tears are flowing down my cheeks and Kai wipes them away.

"I hate to see you so upset Tiana. It hurts my heart." Kai frowned.

"I'm not good enough for you." I whispered.

"Yes you are, Tiana--"

"No, I'm not!" I yelled.

Kai looks at me stunned and reaches out to me. "Tiana,"

"Don't touch me." I threatened.

"Tiana, why are you being like this?"

"Just go away!" I yelled.

"I can't do that, Tiana." Kai growled.

"Then leave me alone!" I snarled. Kai looks at me with wide eyes and Baekhyun is just as shocked.

"Fine." He snarled. Kai gets up and starts walking towards the door.

"Wait," I said quietly and Kai stops.

"Kai, I---"

"Maybe you need to be alone for a while." Kai said and that made my heart stop.

"Jongin," I started but Kai had already left the room. What have I done?