Chapter Ten

Until We Met Under the Moon

Wait. Did Kai just tell me that he likes me?

"Kai,"

"I want you to be with me." I looked up at him with wide eyes.

"But---" "I realized that avoiding you didn't help anything and only made my feelings for you even stronger. I don't have the will power to stay away from you. I need you in my life." Kai finished.

"Really?" I whispered.

"Yeah. I really want this to work between us. We can take things slow."

"You really want to?" I asked. "Of course." Kai smiled. I must be dreaming. Kai wants to be with me.

"You know that I won't be able to see you next week because of rehearsal, right?"

"That's fine. I can see you before and after rehearsal." Kai smirked.

"Don't you have practice?" "Yeah. The season is almost over though."

"That doesn't mean you should start skipping practice."

"But I'd rather hang out with you than go to practice." Kai admitted.

"That's sweet, but you're dedicated to a sport and you have to stick to it, until it's over." "When did you get so logical?" Kai smirked.

"I've always been logical. You just haven't been paying attention." I sassed back to him. "Then I'll make sure to have all my attention on you." Kai teased. 

I roll my eyes, but then smile at how corny he can be. "It's getting late." I said as I stood up. "Can't I stay a little longer?" "Why?" "Because I missed you when I was avoiding you." He admitted.

"Maybe another time. Don't you have an 8AM?"

"Oh yeah. Can I come back tomorrow? Maybe we can study or something?" "You have practice until seven and you have dinner with your team." "After that then. I want to see you. Please?" Kai pleaded.

"If the guys think it's okay, then come on over." "You mean it?" Kai smiled. "Yes." Gosh. I feel like I'm his parent and I'm a year younger than him. 

I walked Kai to the door and we stand there for a moment. "So, I'll see you tomorrow then?" Kai asked. "Yeah. Tomorrow." I said with a small smile. 

"I'll text you then." "Sure. I may or may not answer though. It is late." "I'll still text you." Kai smirked as he stepped closer to me.

"Okay cowboy." I said as I took a tiny step back. Kai took my hand and looked into my eyes. "I really missed you." Kai repeated. "I missed you too." I said honestly. 

"All the more reason why I want to see you tomorrow." "I know. I just---" "Just what?" "I just need time." "I know." Kai reassured me. Kai lifted my chin and looked deep in my chocolate brown eyes.

"I'll take care of you. I promise." Kai caressed my cheek and looks at me. The last time Kai held me like this was when he was about to kiss me. I closed my eyes almost anticipating it to happen, but then I feel a pair of lips on my forehead.

 I opened my eyes and Kai looked down at me with a small smile. "I'll see you tomorrow." "Tomorrow." I repeated. "Good night Tiana." "Good night." Kai walks out of my apartment and for some reason, I feel lonely.

Geez. I do feel a lot better knowing that Kai and I are on better terms. But, now I know that he likes me. Just knowing that makes my heart flutter. I go to bed because I had a long day tomorrow. 

Well, I have class, but Nalani and I had to finish up our duet. We had a lot of stuff to clean up and we had to show the president by Saturday that we had it finished.

I get up the next morning, go to class, meet up with Alice for lunch and then around 4:30, I had met up with Nalani in one of the practice rooms at the university's gym. Alice came with us since she wanted to take a break from watching Luhan at football practice.

"Are you ready?" Nalani asked me. "Yeah. Can we run through it?" "Yeah. Alice, can you note if we mess anything up or need to fix anything?" Nalani asked.

"Sure thing." Alice starts the song and it's Jessie J's "Burning Up" featuring 2 Chains. We were originally going to do this for our spring show, but Nalani thought it would be best if we did it in the fall. There were a lot of tricks in this dance and I was really worried that we could injure ourselves, so we toned them down a bit, but it is said that it might rain, so they may move the show inside.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we did the routine and it was inside rather than doing it on concrete. We ran through the number and started changing things around.

"Are you sure we shouldn't do the tricks?" Nalani asked me.

"You know we shouldn't. The last thing I want to happen is one of us hurting ourselves." I explained.

"Tiana's right. Besides, if you guys wanted, you could do it in the spring and add all the tricks back." Alice agreed.

"Fine. We'll do it your way." Nalani gave in.

"I don't want us to get hurt. You'll thank me later."

"Yeah, yeah." After we added our changes, ran through it a few more times, we decided to call it a day.

We all go to the dining hall and have dinner. "So you and Kai best friends again?" Nalani asked me. "Technically, Chen and Suho are my best friends, but yes we are on good terms." I answered.

"When did this happen?" Alice asked.

"Yesterday. After you left, Kai called me asking if we could talk and that fixed everything."

"Does he know that you aren't hanging out with him on Saturday?" "Yeah. He was a little disappointed, but I promised to see him later today. He was practically begging me."

"He wants to spend more time with you, that's all."

"I know. Especially since he told me he liked me."

"Excuse me?" Nalani said as she stopped texting whoever she was texting (most likely, Kris).

"He admitted his feelings for me yesterday. He wants us to be close like I am with Suho. But on a different level." "Oh my," Alice gasped. "Oh my indeed." I repeated.

It literally just hit me that Kai confessed his feelings for me. This has never happened to me before. I lean back in my chair and Nalani notices that something is wrong.

"Take a deep breath. It's okay."

"I don't think I can do this."

"Do what?" "Do the whole relationship thing. I can't---"

"Tiana, yes you can. You're just psyching yourself out. Look at me."

Nalani said as she took my hand and looked at me. "Did Kai say he'll take things slow with you?" She asked. I nod my head.

"Tiana, he's a great guy. He can be a bit much at times, but he means well. I promise you." "Okay."

After I had calmed down, we left the dining hall. We headed back to our apartment and Alice headed back to her room. I start doing some heavy reading for my exam next week and I glance at my phone and see a text from Kai.

Kai: I'm outside. Can you let me in?

Tiana: Yeah. I'll be right there.

I headed downstairs and to the entrance of our building and headed outside. I see Kai with his gym bag and his blonde hair is all over the place. He was leaning against the wall looking out at the campus.

"Hey," I said to get his attention. Kai turns and looks at me and he smiles really big.

"Hey," He said as he walked towards me and took my hand. 

"How are you?" He asked me. "I've been better." "You want to talk about it?" Not really. "Not particularly." "We don't have to talk about it." "We don't?" 

"No. Come on, let's go inside." Kai said as he took my hand and I opened the door to the building.

"How was practice?" I asked. "Same old, same old. Did you do anything besides go to class today?"

"Nalani and I worked on our duet."

"Is it for your showcase next week?" "Yeah." "I can't wait to see you dance again. Although, it would be more fun, if I got to dance with you again." Kai said shyly.

"Really?" "Yeah. It had been a while since I had  danced and I didn't realize how much I missed it until we danced at the party." Kai continued.

"Remember I did say that when the football season is over, you're free to come to practice." "And I will. You can bet on that." Kai smirked. We get to my apartment and I see Nalani in the kitchen.

"Hey Nalani," Kai said. "Hey. I gotta go." "Where are you going?" 

"On a date, with Kris." "Why did I even ask? Have fun. And tell Kris I said hello." I said. "Got it. See you guys later." Nalani walks out of the apartment and I realize that I'm in my apartment alone with Kai. .

"So, what do you want to do?" I asked. "I do have some homework I need to do. Could you help me with it?" "Sure. What subject?" "History 101." "God, I hate that class, but I'll help you." "Cool." Kai smiled.

We sat down on the couch and Kai took out his notebook and textbooks.

"So, what do you need to know?" I asked.

"I just need to know certain things by next week's class. We're supposed to be doing a discussion and I don't want to be the one that didn't do their share."

"Okay. Where are you guys now on the timeline?"

"Feudalism? The Middle Ages." "Oh okay. That's not too hard. Let's get started."

Kai and I looked over the chapter he had to had knowledge on and I explained everything in a way that he could understand and easily remember. Luckily for him, I'm a History major, so he lucked out BIG TIME. 

"History is really about facts. They're all connected in their own way. If you can't remember one thing, something else could help you remember it, without even realizing it." I explained.

"You're really smart." Kai complimented. "I'm not all that smart." I blushed. 

"Tiana, you literally taught me about this chapter in under an hour." "Do you not pay attention in class? If you take notes, you'll understand everything." 

"Too busy thinking about other things than my lecture."

"You have to pay attention, or you won't pass. That's how History lectures work." 

"Fine. Fine." Kai agreed.

"Let me see your notes." I demanded. Kai handed me his notebook and there weren't that many notes in there.

"Kai,"

"What?"

"You barely have any notes. We have to fix this." I declared.

"What are you going to do?"

"Does your professor upload their lectures online?"

"Yeah?"

"Open up their page, you need to get all of these notes." I advised. Kai did what he was told and opened up his online account to the school.

"You can copy all of their notes by hand or you can bring your laptop to class and copy what they have and add your own notes as well as their's so you can remember anything." I explained. I turn to look at Kai and he's just staring at me.

"Did you hear anything I just said?" "Yeah. I heard you." "Oh yeah? What did I say?" I said as I looked at him with one eyebrow raised. 

"You said I can take the notes by hand or take my laptop to class and copy notes and add my own as well as the professor's." Kai said to me.

"Hmph. I guess you were paying attention."

"Can we do something else? We're supposed to be hanging out." 

"Someone had to do homework. I still have homework to do."

"Can't we watch a movie or something?"

"I guess. I don't want to keep you here longer than you have to be." "I don't mind staying with you." he mentioned. 

"I just don't want you to be tired before tomorrow's game, is all."

"I won't. I love the fact that you care about my well being. It's cute." Kai smiled. "Why wouldn't I care? You guys want to win, don't you?"

"Yeah, but winning isn't everything to me." "Okay." I sassed. 

"I don't think I like the way you said that."

"What do you mean?"

"Are you sassing me?" Kai taunted.

"Maybe I am. Maybe I'm not." I smirked.

Kai looked at me stunned, but then smirked. "You've been hanging around with Chen too long."

"No. I'm always like this. Sort of. Chen and I have the same personality. That's how we were able to bond."

"Thank God, you aren't close to Baekhyun. He's ten times worse." "I've been told." 

We were silent for a moment and then I say, "Movie?"

"Yeah."

"Since there is no television out here, we can watch it in my room, or I can just grab my laptop." "Grab your laptop." "Okay. I'll be right back." I go and grab my laptop and we watch a movie on Netflix.