Chapter One

Until We Met Under the Moon

"All right, thank you every one for today. We'll talk more about Abraham Lincoln and the Emancipation next week. I'll see you on Tuesday."

Finally. I know History is one of my favorite subjects, in fact it's my major, but it can get really boring after a while.

"Tiana!" I halt my walking and I see my friend Alice coming towards me. Her ombre hair was up for a change. I liked the fact that her hair made her tan skin glow and her brown eyes sparkle. It almost seemed like it made her taller. She was dressed down wearing a t-shirt and Adidas track pants, with her black converses. I had never actually seen her dress down, except in dance practice.

"Hey," "Hey. Are you heading back to your apartment?"

"No. I have one more class and then I'm done for the day. Why?"

"I wanted to go get lunch with someone. I hate going by myself. I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?"

"I can. Do you want to wait 50 minutes?"

"You'll go with me?"

"Yeah. I know how you feel about going alone to the dining hall. It ."

"Cool, so I'll just walk with you to class and wait until you get out."

"Sounds good. Let's go." Alice and I walk to my class and she waits in the lobby as I learn about literature.

College is fun. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy every aspect of it. I love learning, I enjoy the atmosphere. I have friends, it's really great. I felt like a true adult, in my own way.

"Tiana, you okay?" Alice asked me. I turned and looked at her and she's looking at me a little worried.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I just spaced out."

"Well, you might want to stop or you'll be late to class."

"! Thanks Alice! I'll see you after class." "Gotcha." I really have to stop spacing out.

~Kai's Point of View

"All right, let's take a ten minute break." The coach said as we all started heading towards the water cooler.

"Kai, you're really in the zone today. What's up with you?"

"Nothing. I just want our team to succeed this weekend." I said honestly.

"That's the spirit!" Chanyeol said as he came up to me and literally slapped me on the back.

"Geez, do you have to be so forceful?" I said as I stretched a little bit. "Sorry." Chanyeol said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Kai, can I talk to you for a moment?" Suho said he came up to me.

"Sure. It has to be quick though, we have to start practice back up."

Suho and I walked towards the bleachers away from everyone else and he spoke to me.

"You know there is another full moon coming up in a week."

"So?"

"So? Kai, I'm worried that you won't find a mate."

"What if I don't want one? What if I want to be normal?" "Sadly Kai, we aren't normal. We were born this way."

"I hate this side of us."

"Don't say that. What would father think if he heard you say that?"

"Screw him. He's never even around."

"Kai," "Look, I just want to finish this season off strong and worry about wolf stuff later." I said as I started to walk away.

"I can smell your heat. Your wolf side is basically begging you to mate. If you don't, I don't know what else I can do for you."

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine." I said with a small smile. I walk back onto the field without looking back at Suho.

I was not going to lie that I wasn't a bit worried that I couldn't find a mate. I mean I am pretty handsome and I have a ton of admirers, but none of them were "THE ONE".

Suho said that when you find your mate, it's like something you couldn't explain. You just knew. Don't get me wrong, I yearned for that feeling, but sometimes being a werewolf can be very stressful. There are times when I just want to be normal.

Plus, what if my mate was afraid of me? What if she couldn't handle the fact that I was a werewolf? I wouldn't know what to do. But, I can't think about this now. We have a big game this weekend and I need to be on my A game.

End of Kai's Point of View~

"So how was class?" Alice asked me. She said as she grabbed a cup and started to get a soda from the fountain machine. 

"You know. The usual. Literature stuff."

"You weren't paying attention were you?" Alice glared. 

"I was for a while then I started doodling." I said as I started twirling my dark-brown hair. 

"Tiana, you gotta pass that class." "I know. I know. I am passing. I get good grades, it's just not interesting to me."

"Make it interesting."

"If I could. I don't know. I've had a lot on my mind lately."

"About what?" "Mainly dance team stuff. I get to choreograph this spring and it's starting to stress me out." I said as I ran my hands over my face.

"Girl, you got this. I know you do." She smiled. 

"Yeah. I guess."

"Something else is on your mind?"

"No. I just-It's nothing." "Well you know you can talk to me whenever, right?" "Yeah. I know. And I love you for that." I said with a small smile.

"There are my two favorite people!" A voice said.

Before I could turn around and see who it was, I am immediately crushed by a back hug. I look up and see my roommate Nalani. Her black hair was curled and her makeup was to a tee. She was wearing a romper, so her legs and arms could be shown to the world and let me tell you, they were pretty fierce. 

"Hey Nal," "Hey roomie, Alice."

"Hey."

"I thought you were having lunch with your boyfriend?" I asked.

"I was, but then he said that the football team was having lunch together, and he said we'd see a movie or something later."

"Who is your boyfriend again?" Alice asked.

"Kris. He's really intimidating, but once you get to know him he's actually a huge dork."

"I think I only met him one time." I said as I picked up my cup and started drinking my soda.

"He's really nice. And so are his brothers. God, they are such a joy to be around."

"You've met his siblings?" Alice asked.

"Yeah. They all like me. They'd probably like you guys too. I talk about you guys all the time."

"Really?" I said surprised.

"Yeah. In fact, they're having a party after the game on Saturday and they said you both could come."

"Really?" Alice said with excitement. "Parties aren't really my thing." I said.

"Come on Tiana. You never go out. Maybe you'll meet a cute boy and you'll walk off into the sunset with him." She went on. 

"That's not going to happen. And besides, I have a ton of homework to do."

"Will you at least come to the game?" "Yeah. I'll go support your boy toy and the school." I said with a small smile. 

"Yay! I have to tell Kris. In fact, come with me! You too Alice. They all wanted to meet you guys anyway." Nalani pulled me out of my chair and led me to the football team's table in the dining hall.

"Kris!" A very handsome looking guy looked up and when his eyes landed on Nalani I could see the love he has for her in his eyes.

They lit up like the lights on a Christmas tree. "Hi babe. Who are your friends?" "This is my roommate Tiana and our friend Alice. Remember how I told you about them?"

"That's right. Hey girls." He said with smirk.

God, he's really handsome.

"Hi." Alice and I said shyly.

"Stop making them uncomfortable with your gaze." Nalani said as she slapped his arm.

"Ow!" He said as he looked up at her. "Kris, you let your girlfriend bully you around like that?" Another boy smirked.

"Shut up Sehun." Nalani said and he immediately shut up.

"Nalani, who are these lovely people you have with you?" Another one said as he looked at us, but more at Alice. "Oh. Right. Boys," Nine other heads turned and looked at Alice and I.

"These are my friends, Alice and Tiana."

"Wow. You weren't kidding when you said how cute your friends are." One said with a smile.

I feel my cheeks heat up and looked down at my feet. Geez. They sure know how to make a girl feel special, sort of.

"Guys, this is Suho-" The one with the dark brown hair with the gentle smile.

"--Luhan and Xiumin--" One with adorable features and the other with the delicate face.

"--Lay, Chen, and the one that spoke to you Chanyeol." One had an adorable dimple on his right cheek and the other with a Cheshire cat smile.

"Baekhyun, D.O, Tao, and the one I said shut up to, Sehun. He's the baby."

Baekhyun had a cute face and D.O's was more manly, but cute in it's own way. Tao came off very intimidating, but after he smiled at us, it went away.

"Wait, where's Kai?" Nalani asked. "He's getting food now. He'll be here in a moment." Suho said.

"So, why did you come over here?" Chen asked Nalani.

"I wanted to tell you guys that these two will be at the game on Saturday."

"Are you guys coming to our party?" Chanyeol asked. "I am. Tiana's not a party person." Alice said.

"You aren't going?" Sehun asked me.

"They aren't really my thing. And I have a lot of homework to do."

"Come on. We'd love to have you." Suho said to me with a smile. "Can you at least think about it?" Lay asked.

"Yeah, but I wouldn't get your hopes up." Gosh, these guys are so sweet.

"There you are! I was looking for you." Nalani said. I turned and looked up and saw the last brother who played on the football team.

"Girls, that is Kai."

Kai was walking towards us, but wasn't really paying attention until he glanced up at us, but then he stopped walking completely. I took in his features. His skin was a little darker than the rest of the boys, but it blended really well with his blonde hair.

His dark brown eyes were wide open almost as if he just saw something that changed his life. I then realized after I was pretty much checking him out, he was staring at me.

"Tiana, you still with me?" Nalani said as she waved a hand in my face.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Can we go sit back down now?" "But--" "In fact, I need to go lay down. It was nice meeting all of you." I quickly walk away and I feel a pair of eyes following after me.

As soon as I turned the corner, I had my back against the wall and my heart is beating super fast. "What was that?" I said to myself. I replay Kai looking at me and my face gets super warm.

"I need to go home." I said and I quickly walked back to my apartment.

~Kai's Point of View

I watch that girl leave the dining hall and I couldn't get back to my senses until Suho came up to me.

"Kai, you okay?"

"Huh?"

"You've been staring back the entrance since Tiana left."

"Tiana. So that's her name."

"Yeah. What's up with you?"

"I think, Tiana's my mate." I said with a matter of fact.

I close my eyes briefly and take in her scent. "I have to see her again." I said as I start to go out the door.

"Hold on there buddy. Eat first, then we'll talk." Suho said as he pulled me back to our table and literally forced me to eat.

All I could think about was Tiana. I have to see her again and soon, or I'll go mad.