Chapter Twenty Nine

Until We Met Under the Moon

Am I really going to stay with Kai, alone in his room? I've stayed with Kai before and we haven't done anything. Maybe I'm just overthinking everything again.

I change out of my dress and put Kai's shirt on. Thank god, I wore a pair spanks underneath my dress. I get a whiff of Kai's cologne and I sigh. It smells just like him. I take my hairstyle out from the ceremony and let my hair fall down. I should probably wear my hair up. He'll think I'm trying to seduce him. And that's the last thing I want to do . . . . for now. But then my bun will fall out when I'm asleep anyway.

There's a sudden knock on the door and it scares me. "You okay in there?" Kai asked me.

"Yeah. I'll be right out." I said.

I quickly put my hair up in a messy bun and I take a deep breath. I walk back into the room and Kai's sitting on his bed. Kai looks up at me and his eyes widen. "Woah." He said quietly.

"What?" I said scared.

"Nothing. Are you trying to seduce me, Ms. Tiana? Because if you are, it's working." He said with a seductive smirk.

I blush at his comment and place my dress in the chair, next to my heels. Kai's still looking at me and I stand beside his bed awkwardly.

"Come sit with me." Kai whispered.

"Okay." I said shyly as I put some hair behind my ear. I sit down beside Kai, but I'm like on the other side of the bed, several feet away from him.

"Tiana, I don't bite." Kai said as he slid over to me.

"Sorry." I said as I rubbed my arm nervously.

"Why are you so nervous?" Kai asked me.

"Because we probably shouldn't be alone right now. And---"

"And?"

I look at Kai and he's looking at me waiting to continue my statement, but I don't know what else to say.

"I should go." I said as I stood up and grabbed my clothes.

"Tiana," Kai said as he grabbed my wrist.

I turn to look at Kai and he releases his grip on my wrist. "I get it. We really shouldn't be alone, especially with our current situation. It scares you, which is understandable, and I should be a little more aware of everything. But this pull, no this attraction I have towards you seems to be getting stronger. Don't you feel that connection between us?"

"Yeah. I feel it. It can be very overwhelming sometimes. But I wouldn't say it's a connection. It's more like---"

"?" He interrupted.

"Yeah. Exactly."

"Our bond is something that I can't even explain. I hadn't seen you in a few days and now since we're together again, I just want to cherish every moment I have with you." Kai said.

"I understand what you're saying and I have the same feelings, it's just---I can't explain it." I blushed.

Kai smiles a small smile and rests his forehead against my own. "I'm not gonna lie to you Tiana. I want you. And with you wearing my shirt, just isn't helping." He said huskily.

I feel my cheeks heat up even more and I look down at my feet. I feel Kai take my dress out of my hands as well as my heels and he throws them to the side. Next thing I know, I'm swooped off the floor and I'm in Kai's arms. He carries me over to his bed and he sets me down.

My back is against the headrest, and a few pillows and Kai is sitting beside me. He suddenly leans in and gets close enough to my ear that I could feel the warmth of his body radiating towards me. My heart is beating so fast, it could possibly burst at any moment.

"Can I kiss you?" Kai whispered seductively in my ear. I don't have the will to speak, but I nod my head once and Kai leans in. He kisses behind my ear, which sends shivers down my spine and he slowly makes his way down towards my neck.

He stops at my collarbone and looks at me. Kai gently puts his hand behind my head, so he had a better angle when he leans in to kiss me. Kai leans in and he kisses me, slowly, but in a passionate way. My heart is beating so fast that it could possible fly out of my chest. I pull away and Kai's looking at me.

"What's wrong?" He asked me.

"I just need a second."

"Am I going too fast for you?" He asked.

"A little bit, yeah." I admitted.

"Sorry. I got a little carried away." He said as he pulled away, but sat by my side.

"I see." I said. We sit in silence for a moment and I lie down on my back. "Kai, I'm not gonna lie to you, I want to take that next step with you. It's just, I have my anxiety issues and I don't know how to deal with everything." I admitted.

"I guess I didn't think about that. So, I'm guessing that you need time?"

"Not really, but I guess some sort of warning that way, I know what to expect."

"That makes sense. Do you want to just cuddle?" Kai said shyly.

"Yeah." I blushed.

"Do you want to make out, if we're feeling it?" He said not exactly meeting my eyes.

"Yeah. I would like that." I said quietly.

"Cool." Kai glances at his clock and sees what time it is. "It's pretty late. Let's lie down. We'll fall asleep when the time comes."

"You're right." I get under the covers and Kai does the same. We lie under the covers in silence, until Kai speaks up.

"Can I be honest with you?" He asked me.

"Yeah."

"When you walked down the aisle---"

"Yeah?"

Kai turned and looked at me. "When Nalani and Kris were up there saying their vows, I didn't see them. I saw you and I." He admitted.

"You did?" I whispered.

"Yeah. That's why when you asked me, why I was staring at you, I was imagining our own ceremony. I didn't want to freak you out, if I said it with everyone else around." He explained.

"Since we're being honest, we need to talk about winter break." I said.

"What about it?" Kai said in a confused manner.

"I'm going home for break. And I won't be back until Spring semester. I can try to visit every now and again, but---"

"Tiana, even though we're going to be miles apart, we'll find a way. We go back home for break and maybe, you could come with us."

My heart stops and I'm looking at Kai, wide eyed. "Seriously?" I said in denial.

"Yeah. Nalani's coming and Alice was going to come, but her family won't let her come this break, but summer break is more possible. I know you're going on your cruise, but maybe afterward, you could stay for a week?"

"Go to South Korea? For a week?"

"Yeah."

"Kai, I'd love to come with you, but it's so last minute. Plus, I'm pretty sure my parents would say no." I said honestly.

"What about during the summer?" He asked.

"I don't see a problem going during the summer. Plus, I could be there longer, instead of one week."

"That is true." Kai agreed.

I turn over, so I was lying on my side and I was facing Kai. Kai is gazing at me and he raises his hand, so he could caress my face. "Come here." He whispered. I move closer to Kai and I'm resting my head in his chest. Kai wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me even closer.

"Look at me." He whispered.

I look up at Kai and he's looking down at me. "I love you." Kai said.

"I love you." I said back to him.

Kai leans down and kisses me. Kai caresses my cheek and deepens the kiss. I rest my hand on his bare chest and I feel his other hand lower towards my . "Are you wearing spanks?" Kai asked when he pulled away.

"Yeah, why?"

"Take them off." He demanded.

"I don't think it's a good idea."

"Why not? We can't have a little fun?" He smirked.

"I mean I want to, but I don't think tonight would be the best time to be 'having a little fun.'"

"I won't touch you, if you're uncomfortable."

"But I kind of want you to." I said shyly.

"I won't rush you, if aren't ready to do anything."

"And I appreciate that. You can get pretty handsy."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Kai smirked.

"You're friendly in the touching department." I sassed.

"Like you aren't touchy feely when we're making out." Kai chuckled.

"I'm not like you though." I smirked.

"You wanna go?" Kai said as he held his hands out like he was challenging me.

"No."

"I think you do."

"No. I don't."

Kai pins me down on the bed and he's hovering above me. "Are you sure?" He asked one last time.

"I'm positive."

"You're no fun."

"I am fun. I'm just tired. And I thought you wanted to cuddle?"

"I do."

"Well then, you aren't doing a good job."

"Are you challenging me?" Kai smirked.

"Maybe I am. Maybe I'm not." I smirked.

"You're just begging to be tickled."

"Am not!"

"Are too!" Kai said as he starts tickling me and I start laughing hysterically.

"Kai, stop! We're gonna wake up the entire estate!" I cackled.

Kai stops tickling me and he looks down at me. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"If they knew you were here, they'd take you from me." Kai said suddenly.

"Kai, I'm not going anywhere. What made you say that?"

"I just don't want to lose you since we got so close."

"Kai,"

"Forget I said anything."

"Kai, I'm going to be with you, no matter what. I'm your mate and nothing or no one is going to change that."

"It's nice to hear you say that." Kai smiled.

Kai leans down and he kisses me. "I love you."

"I love you too." I said with a smile. Kai kisses me one more time and he lies down beside me.

"We better get some sleep." He whispered.

"Okay." I rest my head against Kai's bare chest and he holds me close.

"Good night, my princess."

"Good night, my sweet prince."

/ / / / / / / / / / 

The next day, I woke up a little disoriented. It's still dark in the room and I see Kai's blonde hair peaking out of the covers. I get out of Kai's embrace and go into the bathroom. I do my business and as I'm washing my hands, I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

"Good morning," I said.

"How did my princess sleep last night?" He said in a raspy, seductive voice.

"I slept all right. How about you?" 

"I slept well. Are you going to come back to bed?" He asked me.

"I need to get ready." 

"Oh come on. Please?"

"Maybe later, when we don't have things to do. Aren't we doing like activities today?" I asked. 

"Don't remind me. I mean they're going to be fun, but I'd rather stay in bed and cuddle with you." Kai said as he pulled closer, so my back was against his chest. I turn around and look up at him. 

"We can be alone later today."

"You promise?" He said with a pout on his face. 

I leaned up and kissed him, briefly and said, "I promise. I'll see you downstairs." I pull away from Kai and I head out of his room to my room, so I could get ready. As I get ready for the day, I replay last night in my head. It was nice, a little romantic, but still innocent in a way. At some point, it's not going to be like that anymore.

It's going to be passionate, probably ten times more intense and it makes me nervous a little but. Am I ready for something like that?