Chapter Fifteen

Until We Met Under the Moon

Kai and I drove to his house and we headed towards the backyard. What does he have to show me? And why is it in the backyard?

Kai continues walking towards the forest and I stop for a second. "What's wrong?" He asked me. "Why are we going in the forest?" "My surprise is in the forest. You said you trust me."

"I do trust you, it's just---"

"I won't let anything happen to you. I swear."

"Okay." Kai puts his hand out to me again and I hesitantly take his hand.

"Trust me. You'll love it."

"Will I?" "Yeah." Kai and I walk into the forest and we're walking hand in hand further into the forest.

"Why exactly is this surprise in the forest?"

"Because you can't really see the surprise, unless it's online."

"Um. Okay." I guess I should wait and see whatever Kai has in store for me. We continued walking into the forest and make it to a clearing. "It's pretty quiet out here." I commented.

"Yeah. Sometimes, I come out here. It helps me think." "Makes sense. It's practically silent." I then hear rustling around us. "Did you hear that?" I said. "Hear what?" "I heard rustling." "Really?" "Yeah."

"Maybe we should go back." I said as I let go of Kai's hand and started walking back the way we came. "Wait!" Kai stops me and I turn around and see two wolves walk into the clearing.

I quickly hide behind Kai and he doesn't move an inch. I hesitantly look from behind Kai and the two wolves just seem to be playing with each other.

One had light to almost dark brown fur and it's eyes were a dark brown, and the other had dark grey fur to almost black fur and it's eyes were a dark gold, almost brown. The lighter wolf spots us and starts walking towards us. I hide back behind Kai and I hear the wolf whimper.

"Tiana, he's harmless. See?" I come from behind Kai and I see him kneeling in front of the wolf and he starts petting his ears. "Kai, that's a wolf. They aren't harmless."

"There's a pack not too far from where we are and they've never attacked us. These wolves are from that pack. They won't hurt you. I promise." The darker wolf comes towards us and he was a larger than the other. Kai pets the larger wolf and the smaller one comes towards me.

I hide behind Kai again and wolf realizes I'm afraid of him. He lies down on the ground and looks at me. I look in his eyes and I see that they're sad. I take another look at the wolf's entire face and I slowly make my way towards him.

I hesitantly reach my hand towards the wolf and he meets me halfway, so I'm touching the top of his head near his ears. I slowly relax and the wolf takes notice and he puts his head on my lap. I smile a small smile and continue petting his head.

"He likes you." Kai said and by the sound of his tone, he wasn't too happy about it. "He's so soft. Does he have a name?" "No. There are too many of them to give each of them names." "How many are in the pack?" I asked.

"I can't remember. Maybe 11 or 12?" "Oh. That's a lot." "Tell me about it. The larger wolf comes towards me and I pet his head while he whimpers with delight. The wolf's tongue slowly starts to come out and it strangely reminds me of Chanyeol.

I giggle at the though. "What's so funny?" "This wolf reminds me of Chanyeol a little. Just by how he behaves." "Interesting." Kai said indifferent.

"Was this the surprise?" I asked Kai. "Yeah. In a way it was." "It was nice. Different, but nice." I say with a small smile.

"I'm glad you liked it." Kai smiled. We head back to the house and we see D.O, Xiumin, Lay, Sehun, and Tao in the kitchen. "Hey lovebirds." Sehun smirked. My cheeks instantly get warmer and I close myself off.

"Shut up Sehun. You don't know their story." Lay said. "If you guys don't mind, I'm going to take Tiana home." "Bye lovebirds." Sehun and Tao said as they made kissy faces at us as we're leaving. "God, I hate those two." Kai murmured.

We get to Kai's car and we get inside. "I'm so sorry about those two. They're so---"

"It's okay." I interrupted him.

We were silent for a while until I speak again.

"So you're going to take me home?"

"No."

"What?" I said surprised.

"I'm not letting you leave right now. This is first time we've actually gotten together and hung out."

"You're right."

"So, what do you want to do?"

"I don't know. I haven't really thought of anything."

"Do you want to go to the mall? We can eat in the food court, window shop."

"Um, okay. I didn't want to be stuck in the house all day so let's go."

Kai drives us to the mall and we immediately start walking around. We go in a couple stores and look around and we stop towards the food court. "Hey, there's a photo booth." "Yeah." I said not really paying attention.

"After we eat, do you want to take some pictures?" "Um, sure." Kai and I go to a Chick Fil A and eat in comfortable silence. After lunch, we head to the photo booth. We both sit inside and it's pretty cramped inside. How is this going to work? I thought.

I'm suddenly on Kai's lap and he's doing the background on the touch screen. "Kai," "What? Are you uncomfortable?" He said worriedly. "You don't mind me sitting on your lap?"

"No. Come on, we have to pose." "Okay." Kai pulled me a little closer and we were cheek to cheek. We smile for the first picture, then we do another quick picture were we do the peace sign and we're winking. The third picture, Kai kisses my cheek and the final pose, I'm totally taken by surprise. Kai's lips were on top of my own and he pulls away after the picture is taken. I feel that my cheeks are extremely hot and Kai's looking at me with lidded eyes.

We're nose to nose and we haven't moved from our previous position. Kai leans in again, until the machine says, "Thank you for using Photo Booth! Your pictures are printing now." I pull away from Kai and grab our pictures. "We should probably go." I said shyly. "Okay." Kai and I walk out of the photo booth and then decided to leave the mall.

"Can we go back to your place?" Kai asked me.

"Um, I don't see why not. You'll have to leave though. I have practice tonight."

"I can just stay and wait for you to come home. Or come with you?"

"You'll be bored just watching us dancing."

"I wouldn't be bored watching you."

"You don't know that."

"I beg to differ." Kai said as he stood in front of me and almost challenged me. I don't want to argue with him, so I'm just going to let him come over. "Fine. Let's go."

We head back to my apartment and I grab my dance clothes and my water bottle and head to the University gym. I walk into the dance studio and Nalani walks up to me. "Where were you?" She asked and Kai walks in behind me. "What is he doing here?" Nalani snarled.

"He's just going to watch." I said. Why is she mad that Kai's here? "Tiana, can I talk to you for a second?" Nalani asked as she pulled me away from Kai. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"You were supposed to stay away from Kai and now here he is. You gave me your word." "I know, but after yesterday Kai doesn't plan on being away from me."

Nalani ran her hands through her hair and sighed. "You really like him don't you?" She asked me. I turned and looked at Kai and he was watching us, but he smiled a small smile. I smile back and turn back to Nalani.

"Yeah I do. A lot." I admitted. "I'm not your mother, so I can't tell you what to do. Kai is a great guy." "He is. I'll be careful. I promise." I go change and tell Kai to sit wherever he wants as he watches us practice. I have to zone him out for the next couple hours, so I can focused on all the dances I'm in.

Practice starts and my head is only somewhat in the game. I'm completely aware that Kai is there watching me and it's very frustrating. We have a quick water break and I take a seat next to Kai. "You guys look good." He complimented. "Thanks." I said as I'm closing my water bottle.

"You seem kind of out of it. You okay?" Kai observed.

"Yeah. I'm not fully here for some reason." I said as I wipe sweat off my forehead.

"Maybe you need some motivation." "I doubt that's it."

"Is there something on your mind?" Kai asked.

Yeah. You. "No. I think I'm just over thinking things as always."

"Well. I have to head out." "You do?"

"Yeah. Suho really wants me home, so I'll see you tomorrow. Are we still on for coffee after your practice?" "Um. Maybe, if I'm up to it."

"Let me know. I'd like to hang out, if you're not too tired." "Okay. I will."

"Can I have a kiss before I go?" Kai asked. "What? I'm all sweaty and gross." I said flustered.

"I don't care. One kiss, please?" "I---"

Kai's lips are kissing my cheek and he whispers in my ear, "I'll call you later." Kai glances around the room to see if anyone's looking and he kisses me very briefly on my lips. Kai get us and heads out of the dance studio.

I was already really warm from dancing, but after that, I'm pretty sure I'm as bright as a tomato. Okay, maybe not, but you get what I mean. "All right everyone! Let's get back to it!"

Kai's Point of View

I have to get out of this dance studio. I had been fine when I first showed up with Tiana, but as practice started, my mind started to wander and they weren't exactly pure thoughts. All I could think about was Tiana and how her body swayed while she was dancing.

Then she was getting all sweaty from dancing full out majority of the time. It made my lower region tighten up in both a good and a bad way. Not only that, I could hear her thoughts and she was thinking about me watching her, which was throwing her off.

She'll understand if I go home, right? Plus, it's the night of the full moon and I need to be home anyway. And my wolf self just cannot get enough of Tiana. If I just think of anything else, my mind just goes back to her and how BADLY I need to mate with her. No wonder Suho and the others were trying to keep me away from her.

I text Suho to tell him I'm going to head home. I know he is going to give me a mouth full for me hanging out with Tiana practically all day.

Suho: How are you feeling?

Kai: I'm okay. I'm going to leave soon. The full moon will be at it's peak soon.

Suho: No kidding. You need to get home ASAP.

Kai: I know. I know. I'm going to let Tiana know I'm leaving.

Suho: You're still with her? Are you two alone?

Kai: No. She has dance practice. I'm just sitting on the sidelines.

Suho: Come home Kai. I don't want you to do something that you'll regret.

Kai: All right. All right. I'm on my way.

I let Tiana know I was leaving and I made my way to car. I look up at the sky and the moon is already shining in the sky. "." I murmured. At least it's not at it's peak, yet. I get in my car and drive home almost immediately.

I get home and go immediately upstairs to my room. I see D.O sitting on his bed reading a book. "Hey," 

"Hey. Where were you?" D.O asked. 

"With Tiana." 

"Ooh. How are you two getting along?" 

"We're good. We went on a date today?"

"Did you? How was it?" 

"It was great. I want to see her again." 

"Weren't you just with her?" "Yeah, but my wolf side is acting up and I needed to get away from her. Plus, it's the full moon tonight."

"You made it home just in time." "I know." We hear a knock on our door and I hear Suho. "Kai, are you home?" "Yeah. I'm home." 

Suho walks in our room and gives D.O this look. D.O takes his book and his phone and exits the room. The Suho turns and looks at me. He looks pissed. Here we go.

"Why---" "Let me just say, I'm not staying away from Tiana. Don't ask me to do that ever again. Yes, I was with her all day, but I have been on my best behavior all day. I didn't claim her, she's still in one piece. I came home because I knew my wolf side was acting up. I'm not a baby Suho, I can take care of myself and I can be cautious around Tiana."

Suho looks at me and sighs. "I guess I can't exactly tell you what to do all the time." "Thank you." I said as I sat down on my bed. "And you did make it home before the full moon was at its peak. But Kai, you need to be more careful." 

"I know. And I will. I promise." 

End of Kai's Point of View

Dance practice kicked my . After Kai left, I was able to get myself together and actually dance like myself. I did miss Kai when he left. Although it freaked me out that I couldn't really concentrate with Kai being there, he was giving me some sort of motivation while I was dancing. 

Some of the dance required me to "be y" and that isn't exactly one of the best things I'm good at. However, I was still able to perform to the best of my ability. Nalani and I head home and I immediately get in the shower. 

It always feels so good after you know you did a good job working out or dancing for a long period of time and it pays off. After my shower, I head back into my room and look at my phone to see five text messages from Kai and one from Nalani. 

I open Nalani's text message first.

Nalani: Do NOT answer your phone if Kai calls you. 

Are we on this again? What is happening now? I check Kai's messages and I'm a tad concerned.

Kai: How was practice? 

Kai: Can I come see you?

Kai: Are you mad at me? Please don't be mad, if you are.

Kai: Tiana, I NEED to see you.

Kai: I'm coming over. 

What? He sent this text ten minutes ago, he's probably already here. I quickly throw on a pair of sweats and a tank top, then throwing a hoodies over my tank top and headed out of my room. Nalani must have heard me and stops me.

"Where are you going?" 

"Kai's downstairs. I think." 

"No. Stay upstairs." "What? Why?"

"You just need to stay upstairs, okay?" 

"Are you hiding something from me?" 

"No. I'm just protecting you, Tiana. Can't you trust me?"

I don't know. I feel like I'm in the dark about something. "But--" "Tiana, please. Just stay upstairs, okay?" "What about Kai?" "He'll catch the hint." 

"Fine." I said pissed. I walk back into my room and someone was there waiting for me.