Chapter Seventeen

Until We Met Under the Moon

I wake up the next morning and it's 7:39AM. What a weird time to wake up. Anyway, I had woken up because sometimes, I pee in the middle of the night, or an hour or so earlier than when I need to get up, so here we are once again. I glance to my right, and I see Kai knocked out. I smile a small smile and just look at him for a while.

He's even more handsome when he's asleep. I gently run my fingers through his hair and he doesn't stir. I release Kai's grip around my waist and climb out of bed. "Where are you going?" Kai said with a raspy voice. I turn around and see Kai sit up and he's rubbing his eyes.  "I have to go to the bathroom." I whispered.

"Come back." He pleaded.

"I'll be right back. I promise."

I walk out of the room into the bathroom and do my business. After I return from the bathroom, Kai was sitting up waiting for me.

"I missed you." Kai said as he took my hand and guided me towards him.

"I just went to the bathroom."

"Yeah, but we were together all night."

"But we were sleeping."

Kai kissed me and pulled away very slowly. "I missed you, okay?" "Okay." I climb back into bed and Kai did the same. "I have an idea." Kai says.

"What?"

"Let's not go to class today."

"Kai, I have to go to class."

"Come on Tiana, skip class for one day. Let's just stay in bed and cuddle."

"No. You have a 9AM." Kai takes my hand and gives me these puppy dog eyes. "No---" "Tiana, please." "No."

"You're no fun." Kai complained.

"No. I'm a good influence on you. You should start getting ready or head home so you can get ready and get to class on time." "Fine." Kai complied.

Maybe I am a good influence on him. Kai gets out of bed and goes into the bathroom to clean himself up. I'm guessing he has to go home because he didn't bring anything last night. "I'll see you later." Kai said as he walks to the door and I'm following behind him.

"Yeah. I'll see you later." Kai takes my hands and looks down at me.

"Are we still on for coffee tonight?" He asked hopeful.

"If Suho doesn't want to kill me, then sure. After practice."

"I don't think he'll be mad at you. He'll be mad at me that's for sure."

"Yeah. You have a point. You should go, so you won't be late."

"Yes Mom." Kai teased.

Kai pulled me close and kissed me. "I'll see you later." "Yeah." I said bashfully. Kai walks out and I close the door behind him.

"Did you have a nice night last night?" I heard Nalani say.

I felt my soul leave my body and then slowly return after I turned around and saw Nalani giving me this look. "Um, yeah?" I tried to walk by her, but she wasn't going to give up so easily.

"So Kai spent the night last night, huh?"

"Yeah." I said nonchalantly.

"Tiana, a boy you like spent the night and you're practically going out on a date later today. Why are you so calm?" "We're a thing now."

"You guys are an item now?"

"Yeah."

"Tiana, that's great. Honestly, but that Kai. Kris almost came over and would have dragged him home."

"Kai did call saying where he was when I was gone."

"You're like a good influence on him."

"That's what I said. He wanted to skip class and I told him no."

"But Tiana, you're you. You never skip class unless you're sick, which doesn't happen very often."

"Sue me for having a good immune system." I walk by Nalani and start to get ready. I might as well since I have class at 10 anyway. I'll take a nap when I come back from class. 

I take a quick shower, brush my teeth, exfoliate my face,  then throw on a t-shirt, jeans, a flannel over my shirt and wore a pair of converses. I put my hair up in a side ponytail, spray some perfume and I went to the dining hall for breakfast. I meet up with Chen and he has the biggest grin on his face.

"Go on and say it." I commanded.

"Kai and Tiana sitting in a tree. K. I. S. S---"

"How old are you? Five?"

"You and Kai are FINALLY an item. He took his sweet time."

"Chen!"

"You know I'm right."

"But did you have to say it like that?"

"Yeah. I did." Chen and I sit down and we catch up on stuff. I feel like I haven't seen him in forever, even though it's probably been a few days.

"So when are you meeting your lover next?" Chen smirked.

"He wants to meet for coffee later, but I told him that it has to be okay with Suho. And that it wouldn't be until after practice."

"What did he say?" "He said okay, but I know how much he wants to see me. Did he go home and then go to class?"

"Yeah. Suho chewed him out after he got ready and then they drove in together. You're kind of good influence on him." "I know. That's what I thought. He wanted me to skip class today and I said no."

"You tell him. He has to go to class, especially all this week since we have two more games for the season. He needs to have his head in the game." "I know." This is why Chen is one of my best friends. He gets me. I can tell him anything about Kai or anything in general.

Plus, since I met him, Suho too, I had this connection with him and I knew that we would get along great. I check my phone and I have to leave to go to class. "I have class. I'll see you later." "Okay. Text me later. And have fun at practice."

"Please." I groaned. I walked from the dining hall and I get a text from friend from home saying;

?: I'm calling you.

My phone rings and I answer. "Hello?"

"Tiana!" I hear this hyena laugh and I instantly smile.

"Hi Jackson,"

"I miss you."

"I miss you too. I feel like you haven't spoken to me in a long time."

"Well yeah. Remember, I went back to Hong Kong for a couple months."

"That's right. How was that?"

"It was fun, but now I have good news."

"What is it?" "I'm coming home this week!"

"Really?!"

"Yeah! And---"

"And?!"

"I'm coming to visit you!"

"Oh my gosh. Are you serious?" "Yes, girl! I'm serious. I haven't seen you in almost three months. You're the yin to my yang. We have to meet up!"

"That's great. I can't wait to see you, Jackson. Honestly."

"Me too. I've been meaning to talk to you about stuff, but I haven't had the time and---"

"I know. Let me know when you get back."

"I will. I'll talk to you soon."

"Bye Jackson."

"Bye."

I go to class with a huge smile on my face. I can't believe that I get to see Jackson after being away from him for three months. He's been my best and closet friend since freshman year of high school. During that time, I had developed a crush on him, but because he's always so busy, I never got the chance to confess and I didn't want to ruin the friendship that we had.

We were so close to one another and when he had gone back home for those three months, I really missed him. Even though I didn't really talk to him on the regular. Wait a minute. If Jackson is coming to visit me this weekend, that means he'll have to meet Kai.

Jackson was VERY protective of me. No matter what the situation and now that Kai and I are in a relationship now, Jackson's going to be even more protective of me. Not only that, but Kai is so possessive of me. I'm afraid of what's to come when the two of them meet.

The least I could do is warn Kai about Jackson and vice versa. I don't want another Suho--Kai confrontation again.

I went to the rest of my classes for the rest of the day and just went through with my day. I got a text from Kai every once and a while. He knew that I was going to pretty much ignore him all day and that I wasn't going to see him until later, if possible.

I did have practice for the dance showcase tonight, so I needed to be on my A game. After my last class, which was a history class for my major, I headed home and took a brief nap and then went to dinner, so I had food in my system during practice.

As I'm walking to practice, I see D.O and Suho.

"Hey Tiana," Suho smiled.

"Hey guys. I feel like I haven't you in a long time."

"Well you haven't." D.O said.

"Wow D.O. Tell me how you really feel." I said sarcastically.

"Kai practically hogs you. We like you too." D.O explained.

"I'll talk to him about it."

"He told me that he wanted to get coffee with you after practice." Suho said.

"Yeah. I told him that he had to talk to you first, that way you know where he is."

"You're like his mom." D.O said.

"Sue me."

"He kind of needs that though. He never just ran off places like that. This is the first time in a while, so in a way, you're good for him."

Good to know. "It was great seeing you guys, but I have to get to practice." I said. "Oh yeah, we understand. We'll see you around." D.O said as he started walking off. Suho kind of stayed for a moment and I smile a small smile.

"It's good to see you Tiana, honest." he said as he took a step toward me. "Yeah. I could say the same." Suho and I are really close and since Kai and I are a thing now, and they had their issue before, I didn't really see him much.

"We should do homework together or grab a coffee sometime." Suho suggested. "Yeah. I would like that. We do have a test coming up. I could use someone to keep me focused." "I'm your guy." Suho smiled. "I'll see you later then." "Yeah." I walk away from Suho and make my way to the dance studio. I don't know what it is, but being with Suho just now made my heart skip a beat.

Why? I mean I care about Suho. We're close, but I can't have whatever these feelings I have for him. He's more like a brother to me. Well, like a guardian. (A/N: I know, typical, but whatever, it's my story.) I know that he'll be there for me. I get to dance practice and I immediately start stretching. We've got a big week ahead of us and I cannot let anything get in my way.

The rest of the team shows up and we do a group warm up and begin going over dances and formations. I had a break in-between two dances and I check my phone. I see that I have messages from Kai and Suho.

Kai: I can't wait to see you. I missed you.

Suho: When do you want to go get coffee?

"You seem awful popular." Nalani said as she sat down beside me.

"Yeah. I'm seeing Kai after this and then I bumped into Suho and D.O and Suho asked to meet to study sometime."

"When was the last time you hung out with him?"

"I don't remember. Oh! Guess who called me today."

"Who?"

"Jackson."

"You're hot best friend from home?"

"Can you not say that?" I smiled.

"What? He is. I'm surprised you two never dated."

"I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship. And what if we did date and it didn't work?"

"I guess you have a point."

"Anyway, he's coming to see me this weekend."

"Shut up! He's back from Hong Kong?"

"Yeah. I'm really excited to see him. But I'm a little nervous."

"Because of Kai? Have you even told Kai about Jackson?"

"No. That's also my other problem."

"Oh . What are you going to do?"

"I have to tell Kai about Jackson otherwise it's going to be awful."

"Yeah. This is something you will have to figure out on your own."

"Tell me about it." I agreed.

"I think you'll be okay though."

"Me too."

I just have to tell Kai and he shouldn't freak out about it too much. Right?

We continued with dance practice by running through the entire show in order and the president let us go. I most definitely need a shower. I walk out of dance practice and I see Kai outside the room looking at his phone.

"Hey," Kai looked up at me and had the biggest smile on his face. "Hey." He stood up and walked towards me. "How are you?" Kai asked.

"Tired. Sweaty. I need a shower. Besides that, I'm okay. How about you?"

"I'm fine. I missed you."

"I missed you too. Although I did see you this morning."

"Do we have to go through the same routine we did this morning?" He said as he pulled me close.

"I know. You missed me."

"Damn right I did. How was practice?"

"Tiring. Listen, Kai. We need to talk."

"About what?" He said seriously.

"Nothing serious, but I need to tell you about something."

"Well, what is it?" "Can we sit down somewhere?" "Yeah. Let's go in the cafe."

Kai and I walk to the cafe, order our drinks and we sit across from on another. "I have a friend from home, who is coming to visit me this weekend." "What's wrong with that?" Kai asked.

"Well, he and I have---"

"Wait, he? It's another guy? Were you guys in a relationship?" "We are best friends and yes I did have a thing for him, but I didn't want to ruin our friendship. Look, he's coming back to the states and he's visiting me. I don't think we'll be able to hang out too much together this weekend." I explained.

"When was the last time you saw him?" "Three months ago. I just wanted to tell you, so I didn't feel like I was hiding something from you."

Kai smiles a small smile and hold my hand. "Thank you for telling me. Does he know about me?" "Not yet. I have to talk to him about you and that you're my boyfriend. He's really protective of me."

"Well, I'm your boyfriend and I'm very protective of you too." "I know." I smiled. "Can I still meet him?" "Yeah, of course." Hopefully they don't kill each other.

Kai and I finished our drinks and he walked me back to my apartment. "Can I see you tomorrow?" "When are you free?" I asked.

"I don't have class until later in the day, do you want to grab lunch?" "I'd love to." I smiled. "Can I come up for a little while? Suho is studying in the library and he was my ride to campus."

"Sure. I seriously need to shower, so you can chill in my room, unless Nalani kicks you out." "She wouldn't dare." "She's fierce." I complimented.

"Whatever. It's your apartment too. I think I have he right to see my girlfriend when I want to." Kai smirked.

"Whatever you say." I smiled. Just as we're walking inside, Kai gets a text from Suho. "I gotta go." He said sadly. "I'll see you tomorrow." I said.

"I know, but I wanted to hang out with you longer." "It's okay. You need to get a full night sleep." "Okay Mom." Kai pulled me close and he kissed me.

"I'll see you tomorrow." "You bet." I smiled. Kai smiled back at me. He then leaned in to kiss me again, but then we heard a car horn. Kai pulls away and I see Suho smiling at us. We both wave and Kai makes his way over to the car. Kai then turns around, comes back to me and kisses me.

"Good night." "Good night. I'll see you tomorrow."

I watch Kai and Suho pull off and I then proceed to head inside for a much needed shower.