Chapter Thirteen

Until We Met Under the Moon

Nalani and I were all over town getting things for our sleepover with Alice. I was still a little bummed that I couldn't exactly hang out with Kai or even talk to him, since I left from our hang out session. Not only that, but I talked to him about my anxiety issues. I guess that this makes us a little closer. He was pretty cool about everything.

"You okay?" Nalani asked me. "Yeah. I was just thinking about stuff." "Like what?" She asked.

"Kai knows about my anxiety issues."

"Does he? How did he take it?"

"Pretty well. He wasn't freaked out about it."

"Well that's good." Nalani smiled.

"I still haven't told Alice." I admitted.

"I feel like deep down, she has to know. She's a lot smarter than she looks." Nalani commented.

"That's true. I hope her and Luhan hit it off well. He's so sweet to her."

"I guess we'll find out at our sleepover tonight." Nalani smirked.

"Yeah."

Nalani and I finished shopping and we headed back to our apartment. We set up "camp" in our living room and I had brought out my television and put it in the living room. We had a ton of blankets on the floor and took some of our pillows as well. Around 7:30, Alice had come over and we all ordered our food and waited for the delivery guy to show up.

"So, how was everyone's day?" Nalani asked. "I hung out with you for the rest of the afternoon." I commented.

"I thought you were hanging out with Kai?" Alice asked.

"I was, then Nalani came and got me and we got stuff for tonight. How was your day, Alice? How's Luhan?" I smirked.

"He's fine. He--" "He what? Don't leave me hanging girl!" Nalani commanded.

"He asked me out on a date. A real date. Just the two of us. No Xiumin or Lay tagging along, just us." Alice blushed.

"That's the cutest thing! When is it?" Nalani asked.

"Next weekend. He said he'd take me after the show was over."

"What about you Miss Tiana? How are you and Kai?" Nalani asked.

"We're better than we were."

"So, what were you both doing here in the living room yesterday?"

"I was helping Kai study for his History class and then we decided to watch a movie, then you guys had come back from your date." I explained.

"Yeah. So, what happened when you walked Kai out?" Nalani smirked.

Kai and I alone in the elevator and his pinning me against the wall then kissing me, flashes in my mind and I feel my cheeks start to heat up and stare down at my hands thinking they're the most interesting things on the planet.

"Tiana? Why so quiet all of a sudden?" Nalani pestered. "I walked Kai out. That's it." "Uh huh. Why are you blushing then?"

"Tiana? Did something happen between you and Kai?" Alice asked.

I can't say it out loud. I just can't. I took my phone, went into my notes and typed.

He kissed me.

I show the girls and they literally gasp out loud. "No. Way." Alice said in disbelief.

"He kissed you?! That's--I don't know what to say. How did this happen?" Nalani asked me.

"Well, he was going to kiss me on the couch before YOU blocked me, so I walked him out and apologized and as I was seeing him off, he was like, 'I want to be with you a little longer' and we weren't even in the elevator for more than a minute and he dropped his bag, cornered me and just suddenly kissed me." I said.

"." Nalani said.

"I know right? He also said something weird." "What did he say?" Alice asked.

"He said, 'I don't know if I can control myself around you anymore'. I didn't really know what that meant."

"Maybe he's just trying to get in your pants?" Alice said. "No. Kai's not like that at all." Nalani said.

"I do find it odd though." Nalani continued. "About what?" I asked.

"Nothing. I was just thinking out loud." Suddenly, Nalani's phone rings and it's our food that we delivered. We hand Nalani our food money and she heads downstairs to pick it up. I check my phone and I see a text message from Kai.

Kai: How's your sleepover going?

Tiana: It's going. Our food just arrived. Nalani just went and got it.

Kai: Fun. I miss you.

Kai: I wish you didn't have your sleepover.

Tiana: I needed some girl time.

Kai: I guess I can respect that. What are you doing Monday night?

Tiana: It's hell week. I have rehearsal every day.

Kai: I know. Do you want to get coffee or something afterward?

Tiana: I was told to stay away from you for a while.

Kai: I'm sure we'll be fine.

Tiana: Kai, I don't want to go against your brother's wishes if they don't want me to see you.

Kai: But it's on Monday. I'll be fine after Sunday.

Tiana: I better talk to Suho first.

Kai: Tiana. Please?

Tiana: I'm sorry. I gotta go. I'll talk to you later.

I stopped texting Kai and turned my phone upside down. I hate to turn Kai down, especially after we just started talking to each other again, but I was told not to hang out with him for a while, so I should respect that, although I want to hang out with him just as much as he wants to hang out with me.

"You okay?" Alice asked me.

"Yeah. Just personal stuff." "Was it Kai?" She asked.

"Yeah." I said a little defeated.

Alice sat down beside me and out her arm around me. "It's going to be okay. Honest." "I believe you, it's just hard for me." "I know. I've been there."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. Before I met you, I had a boyfriend and he was my first boyfriend. I literally thought he was my entire world, but as school was coming to an end, he cheats on me. Not only that, but he cheated on me with my best friend so it was hard for me to even accept going out with anyone else. But then Luhan came into my life and I feel like I can try again with the whole relationship thing. So, don't beat yourself up over something like this. It'll get better." She said with a small smile.

"Thanks Alice. I really needed that." I smiled. "It's my pleasure." She smiled back at me.

"Food is here!" Nalani said as she walked inside with a bag full of food. We a movie and ate while we watched the movie. I'd glance at my phone every so often and see notifications popping up. I know for a fact that Kai is still texting me.

Maybe I can text him later? We continued to watch the movie and then had decided to do facials and paint each other's nails. As Nalani was painting my toe nails, I was staring into space. "Tiana, you look like you don't even want to be here." She commented.

"I'm sorry. It's just that---"

"Kai's being a pain.This night was supposed to be not about guys."

"I just feel bad. He wanted me to hang out with him on Monday, but you told me to keep my distance from him."

"He'll understand."

"I don't know if he will. And we just started talking again."

"You're thinking too much about this. He'll be fine."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yes, but if you feel like you want to clear things with him, go ahead and call him."

I waited for Nalani to finish my nails and I headed into my room to call Kai. I closed the door and sat on my bed. I feel so nervous. On the second ring, Kai answered.

"Hello?" "Kai," "Tiana? Are you okay?" He asked. "Yeah. Are you okay?" "I'm a lot better that you called me." He admitted.

"I just felt really bad about turning you away earlier. I didn't want you to be mad at me." "I could never be mad at you." Kai said. "Okay." I said relieved.

"I'm glad that you called me." Kai said. "I'm glad you answered." I admitted. "So I shouldn't get my hopes up about getting coffee or something after your practice on Monday."

"Well---It depends really." "On what?" "What everyone else says. I don't even know why I have to stay away from you Kai. Can you at least tell me that much. I feel like I'm in the dark about things."

"You aren't in the dark. It's just that I can't tell you anything right now." "Why not?" "It's complicated." He finished.

"I should probably head back to the sleepover." "Will you text me?" "I don't know. Maybe." "Okay." Kai said defeated.

We were both silent for a while until I said, "If I'm able, maybe we can go grab some dinner or something after dance practice. Dancing for five hours can make you hungry."

"You mean it?" Kai asked. "Yeah." "So is this you asking me out?" He asked and I swear I could the smirk in his voice.

"You tell me." I sassed. "I'm going to say that it is. You just couldn't resist me, could you?" "Wow. Someone is conceited." "You know I'm just teasing."

"Sure." "I mean it." "Okay, Kai." "I really want to see you." "Kai, you can't." "Sneak out and we can meet up." "You aren't serious are you?"

"Deadly serious." "Kai, I don't think I can. I was told not to see you." "They'll never know. When you guys fall asleep, meet me outside your apartment complex."

"But Kai--" Kai hangs up and I'm left dumbfounded. I can't see Kai. But then who would know, right? Plus, I wasn't really given a specific reason to stay away from him. No, I gave my word about not going to see him. I head back into the living room and continue with the sleepover. We watched a couple more movies, played Cards Against Humanity and then we called it a night.

Around 1:30AM, I check my phone and see a text from Kai.

Kai: I'm outside. Can't wait to see you.

I quietly get up and go to my room and throw on a sweatshirt, leggings, a pair of sneakers and walk downstairs. I get downstairs and I walk outside to see Kai.

He's wearing a black t-shirt, a black jacket covering his shirt, jeans, and sneakers. His blonde hair is a little disheveled, but still styled nicely in a way.

"Hey," Kai looks up at me and smiled. "Hey. It's good to see you." "You saw me yesterday." "Yeah, but today is a new day." "I'm not supposed to see you." I blurted out. "Yet here you are with me." Kai said as he stepped closer to me.

"You obviously wanted to see me. And you know I wanted to see you." He said as he took my hand and he kissed my knuckles. What's with him? He's more affectionate than usual. Kai intertwines our fingers and leads me away from the door.

"So, what are we going to do?" I asked. "I have an idea." Kai smirked. Kai takes me away from my apartment complex and leads me to his car. "Kai, I'm not so sure about this." I said.

"Come on. I don't bite." He smirked. "Kai--" "Tiana, please?" Kai pleaded. I give in and say, "Fine. I need to be back though, so it doesn't look like I've been gone for too long."

I get in Kai's car and we drive to a park. "Are we allowed to be here at night?" I asked. "Do you trust me?" He said. "Yeah. I trust you." We get out of the car and walk towards the playground and towards some benches.

"How was your sleepover?" "It was fun, but--" "But?" "I was so busy thinking that I upset you that I couldn't really enjoy myself."

"I'm sorry." Kai said apologetically. "It's not your fault. How about you? How was your night?" "It was all right. I wasn't feeling too well." "You okay?" I asked.

"I'm better now that we're hanging out." "Seriously Kai, are you okay?" "I'm fine, Tiana. Honest." He said with a small smile. We sit there in silence for a while and I look up at the sky. "You can really see the stars out here." I said. "Yeah. I like coming out here when I can't think."

"It's great." "You're great." Kai said as he looked at me. I looked at Kai and blushed. "Thanks." "Do you want to go for a walk?" "Sure." Kai stands up and has his hand out to me. I take his hand and we walk along the street lights and the playground. Being with Kai is really relaxing, although I know even supposed to be with him right now. 

"Kai, why am I not allowed to see you?" I asked boldly. "I can't tell you that now." "Why not?" "I just can't, okay? It's personal." "Fine." I said a little pissed off. "Tiana, I want to tell, it's just---" "Let me guess, complicated, right?" I said. 

"Tiana," "I think you should take me home." I said unexpectedly. Kai looks defeated, but he gives in. "All right. I'll take you home." Kai and I walked back to his car and we see Suho, Kris, Nalani, Sehun, Chen, and Tao. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked. 

"We should ask you both the same thing." Kris said. "We were just getting some fresh air." Kai snarled. "Tiana, let's go." Nalani said. I start walking towards Nalani, but Kai pulls me back and says,"No." and I am suddenly behind him. 

"Kai, you don't know what you're doing?" Suho warned.

 "I don't want to be away from Tiana. You can't keep me away from her." Kai snapped. "Kai, calm down." I said a little frightened. Kai looks down at me and he could almost tell that I was a little frightened. 

"I have to go." I said to him. "No. No you don't. Stay with me." Kai said as he took both of my hands and led me further away from everyone. "Kai," "Please? Just a little longer." He said as he raised one hand and caressed my cheek very gently. 

I honestly don't know what's going on, but it's starting to freak me out. I'm already anxious enough that I left with Kai to come here and now that some of his brothers and my roommate showed up, it's making my anxiety even worse. I feel like I just got in trouble.

The last thing I want to happen is me having an anxiety attack, especially in front of Kai. I take a few steps away from Kai and I realize that my heart is beating really fast. . I'm going to have an anxiety attack. I sit down on the ground for a second and try to catch my breath, but it doesn't really help. "Tiana, you okay?" Someone asked me.

Everything is starting to get dizzy and I start to go towards the ground.