Chapter Twenty Three

Until We Met Under the Moon

"You're the one I'm going to be with for the rest of my life." Those words rang in my ear for a moment. I didn't just hear what I thought I heard right? I'm going to be with Kai for the rest of my life? But, HOW? Seriously? Is he sure? I'm afraid to ask that question.

"Tiana, you still with us?" Chen asked.

I glance up and look around the bonfire. Everyone is staring at me, almost as if they were holding their breath to see if I'll say something or do something drastic. "Sorry. I just need to time to let this all sink in." I said quietly.

"Maybe we should have waited to tell you that." Lay said.

"Or when we all weren't around and she was just with Kai." Xiumin added.

It all makes sense now. The sudden confession, when Kai asked all those questions about us being "meant to be" and whatnot, it was because of this whole mate thing. I think I have enough information in my head for the night. I was not prepared for all of this.

"I think it's time for us to head home." Nalani said as she stood up and came over to me. "Tiana," I look up at Nalani and I get up and follow her.

"I thought we were going to hang out." Kris asked.

"For once can it not be about you!" Nalani yelled. Everyone was shocked at Nalani's outburst.

"Well, maybe Tiana wasn't meant to know about us or be with Kai!" Kris yelled back at her.

I felt my heart stop and then start back up, but faster and I could feel a sweat coming on. My throat gets dry and I start to feel dizzy. This is not the time for me to have an anxiety attack.

Then Nalani suddenly slaps Kris and everyone is deathly silent. "You're an ." She said with disgust.

Nalani walks back to me and she noticed that there was something wrong. "Tiana, are you alright?"

"I need to leave." I whispered. "Tiana, I didn't---" Kris started.

Kai is suddenly in front of me and looks down at me with concern. "You having an anxiety attack?" He asked.

I just nodded my head because my breathing was starting to get out of control. "Let's go inside." Kai leads me inside and takes me to his room. My breathing got more erratic as we got inside.

Kai sat me down on his bed and kneeled in front of me. "Tiana, look at me. Breathe." I was looking all over the room, until Kai gently held my face in place and made me look into his eyes.

"Breathe. Slowly. I'm right here." He said quietly. I held eye contact with Kai and started to calm down. 

"Good girl." He whispered. I continued to control my breathing and slowly, but surely I got my breathing back on track. "Thank you." I whispered.

"Don't mention it." Kai said with a small smile.

We sat in silence for several minutes and I feel tears well up in my eyes. "What if he's right?" I murmured.

"Don't listen to him. He was just in the heat of the moment. Him and Nalani have had some issues lately. I don't know why, but I'm sure they'll patch things up."

"But what about the whole mate thing and---"

"Tiana, some people take news differently. You just got a lot of it in one day, when you probably shouldn't have."

"I need some time to absorb this." I said.

"I understand. You know I'll tell you everything when you're ready.

"Yeah. I just need it in small doses."

"Okay." Kai said with a small smile. Kai kisses my forehead and squeezes my hand. We hear a knock at the door and Kai gets up to answer the door.

Nalani, Alice, D.O, Chen, and Luhan come into the room. "You okay Tiana?" Alice asked me.

"You want us to beat Kris up for you?" Chen asked.

I giggle, but shake my head. "He was just in the heat of the moment."

"That doesn't give him the right to say all that stuff he did. He's such an ." Nalani said.

"Maybe, you should go talk to him, Nalani. He's been more on edge than usual." Luhan said.

"Tomorrow. Right now, I need to focus on Tiana. She is my best friend." Nalani smiled.

"Can I talk to Tiana, alone?" Alice suddenly said.

"I don't want to leave her." Kai said.

"Fine. Kai can stay, but everyone else, can you give us a moment. Everyone leaves the room except for Kai, Alice, and I.

We all sit in silence until Alice speaks up. "Why didn't you tell me?" She said.

"I was. I just didn't know how. It's part of my anxiety. Plus, I kind of thought that you might of known."

"I knew that something was wrong, but I thought that you would came to me, like you did with Nalani. I'm a little hurt."

"You have the right to be upset, but Tiana was going to tell you. Trust me. She didn't even want to tell me." Kai chuckled.

"Well, it is your personal business, but I just wish I knew." She frowned.

"I'm sorry. I guess now, the cat is out of the bag." I said with a small smile.

"You won't leave me in the dark anymore, right?"

"No. You are one of my best friends. You should know everything, especially if its important."

Alice and I were able to patch things up and then the ladies decided to head home. I'm standing outside Nalani's car with Kai.

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

"I guess so."

"Can I interrupt you two?" I heard a voice say.

Kai and I turned around and saw Kris with his hand behind his head looking upset. "What do you want, ?" Kai said with a snarl.

"I want to apologize to Tiana. I was in the heat of the moment. And you're definitely meant to be with Kai. I've seen the way Kai looks at you and his eyes are always filled with so much admiration and love. I hope you can forgive me."

"I accept your apology." I said.

"You're way too nice, Tiana." Nalani said.

Kris glances at Nalani with longing, but she wasn't having it. Kris goes back inside and I turn my attention back to Kai.

"I guess I better get going." I said as I pull away from Kai.

"Wait." Kai said as he pulled me back towards him.

Kai wrapped his arm around my waist and cupped my face and he suddenly kissed me. I instantly melt into his arms as he pulls me closer.

I pull away from Kai and blush. Kai leans forward and whispers, "Keep your window open."

I look up at him and he winks at me. I get in the car and head back to campus to our apartment. It was late. Like really late. Today was a long day. We had our show, I had my date with Kai. Then, he revealed his deepest darkest secret to me, and now I'm back at my apartment ready to turn in for the night, but Kai supposed to be coming over.

I open my window and head into my bathroom and get ready for bed. I wash my face, brush my teeth and change into my pajamas, well tank top and a pair of shorts.

I come out of the bathroom and I see Kai sitting on my window sill. "Missed me?" Kai said with a smirk.

I roll my eyes and smile a small smile. I sit down on my bed and put my hair up in a bun. "Did you have fun on our date?" Kai asked me.

"Yeah I did. It's been an interesting day, that's for sure." Kai gets off my window sill, closes my window and sits down on my bed beside me.

"You did a great job today." Kai said.

"Thanks. I think you already told me earlier."

"It doesn't hurt for me to tell you again." He said as he slid a little closer to me.

"It's been a long day. I think a lot of sleep is in order." I said as I got under my covers. "You do have that right." Kai said.

"I feel so drained. I don't know why. It was an exciting, yet awfully stressful day." I continued. I lay down and Kai just looks down at me. "Are you staying here and sleeping or are you going to leave in the middle of the night." I asked him.

"I'd like to stay, if that's okay with you."

"You're welcome to stay. I just can't have you popping in out of here in all hours of the night."

"That I understand. Now that you're finished with dance for the semester, we can be together more often."

"That's true." I said.

"So, I was wondering, if you'd like, to go out on a real date, like I promised."

"I'd love to." I said shyly.

"Really?" Kai said as his eyes widened and the biggest smile appeared on his face.

"Yeah. I think it would be nice." I continued. "And I owe you for not being able to see you as often like I promised." I added.

"That is true. I'm so excited. A night alone with you is all I ask for." 

"We're alone right now." 

"Are you hinting at something?" Kai smirked. 

"Nope. Good night." I turn my back to Kai and lie down. I hear Kai chuckle and he wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me into his chest. I am then consumed by much needed sleep.

Nalani's POV~

I was sitting in my room, listening to music when I see my phone light up. I look and see that it's a text from Kris. I don't want to talk to him right now. He really pissed me off today.I turn my phone over, but continue to glance at it every so often.

I turn it over and read the text.

Kris: Babe, can we talk? Please? I need to hear your voice. Don't shut me out. Please? Let me make things right.

I do the unthinkable and call him. As much of an idiot he is, he's my idiot. I have to make things right. I call him and he answers on the second ring.

"Babe,"

"I'm still mad at you." 

"You have the right to be mad at me. I was in the wrong. I made Tiana upset and have an anxiety attack. I feel like a complete ."

"Sometimes, you are a complete ." 

"I let my emotions get the best of me. I'm sorry."

"I don't forgive you just yet."

"Can I make it up to you?" "In what way?" I asked. 

I suddenly hear a knock on my window. I turn and see pebbles being thrown. I open my window and see Kris on the ground looking up at me. "Come down." He says. 

"Kris, it's late." 

"I'll come up then."  

"No. I need to sleep this day off."

"Nalani, please. I need you." He begged.  

I don't want to let him off the hook so easy. It makes it so hard to stay mad at him, since he tries everything to make things right. Damn it. 

"I'll meet you in the lobby." I said and I see Kris sprint to the door. I leave my room and then apartment to go downstairs and get him. I get to the elevator and I head down to the lobby. Kris is sitting on the couches in the lounge and he senses my arrival.

"Hey." 

"Hey." 

Kris stands up and walks towards me. I'm suddenly engulfed into this bear hug. At first, I don't hug back, but I give in and hug him back. I feel his hug tighten and he kisses the top of my head. "Are you still mad at me?" He asked. 

"Yes, but not as much as I was." I admitted. 

"I was a real jerk to Tiana. Even though she forgave me, I still feel seriously guilty." He admitted.

"Everyone has off days. She had a lot thrown at her in one day. More than she could handle. She just has to take things one day at a time." I said with a small smile.

"You're a great friend to her." Kris said.

"Thanks. We just click, you know? I've always felt that way when I first met her. Alice, too." I said with a small smile. 

We stand there in silence for a while and Kris says, "I'm sorry." "I know you are. I accept your apology." I said with a smile. 

Kris smiles a dazzling smile and I hide in his chest, so he doesn't see me blushing. "Are you embarrassed?" "Shut up." Kris chuckles and lifts my head and holds my chin in place. He leans in and kisses me, briefly. He pulls away, gazes into my eyes and says, "I love you." "And I you." I smiled.