Chapter Four

Until We Met Under the Moon

It was the big day. It was the school's biggest game of the semester. I was super excited for the football team, but even more excited that my dance team was going to perform during halftime. 

I felt like an professional dancer at an actual football game. Alice had come over our Nalani and I's apartment around 12:30, since the game started at three. We did our hair and makeup for the performance and then changed into our outfits that we had to wear. 

Since it was a school event, we wore black yoga pants, crop halter-top with our school initials on the front, and jazz or hip-hop shoes. "I cannot wait for the guys to see us dance." Alice said. "The guys, or Luhan?" Nalani jested. 

"Nalani, don't tease the poor girl." I said as I added some glitter to my eyes. "What about you? Don't you want Kai to see you dance?" Of course I did, but I'd never admit it. "Let's just go and have fun, all right?" I suggested.

"Tiana's right. We have to nail the number. That's the most important thing." Alice reminded. We left our apartment around 1:30, since the football stadium was within walking distance from campus. 

We get there and we do formations and spacings for the entire thing and then we sit at the bleachers and wait for the game to start. We see the football players from each team come out and stand and their respected sides for the National Anthem. 

I see one player run towards us and take off his helmet and it's Kris. "What are you doing? You have a game to play." Nalani said as she walked towards the front of the bleachers and stood in front of him, sort of. 

"I have to get my good luck kiss from you." Kris smirked. "You're unbelievable." "Just kiss him, Nalani. We don't have all day." I taunted. "Fine, fine." Nalani leaned down and kissed Kris, briefly and whispered something to him and he smiled at her. 

Kris then ran back towards the field and I see someone looking our way, but I couldn't tell who it was because they had their helmet on. The game starts and it was pretty intense. Both teams were evenly matched. 

(A/N: I'm not going to write out an entire football game because I don't want to bore all of you, so I'm going to do the best that I can, so that everyone's happy. Cool? Cool.) 

From what I could tell, and from watching football with my family growing up, our team did better with on offense than defense. The other team sort of lacked in the offense department, but dominated in the defense. It was the last down in the second quarter and if we stopped them from scoring, we'd be in the lead by two points.

We were on defense and I could tell that the other team was either going to run the ball or throw it, but with the formation they had, they were probably going to run it, since the defense isn't that great.

The quarterback hikes the ball and passes it one of the other players. The player, I'm going to say is the running back, runs through a wide open space and sprints down the field, but out of nowhere, he's stopped by two of our very own. 

"And that's the first half this game between the Lincoln Wildcats, and your Valley View Wolves.The score is 17-12. Please stick around for the cheerleaders, and dance team performing in just a few short minutes." The announcer reported to the audience. 

"All right ladies, let's head on down. I recommend you all stretch before we go on." We all nod our heads in agreement and head down to the field and start stretching. All the players had to go back into the locker room, before the second half of the game, so they would be back out when we were about to run our number.

"Are you nervous?" Nalani asked me. "Of course. I'm always nervous, even if I know the dance by heart. What about you?" "Oh yeah. Super nervous. I could throw up." "Please don't. You've got this." I smiled. "Thanks Tiana. You always know what to say." "All right ladies, huddle up!"

All of us come together in a huge circle and our president is in the middle. "Now I want you girls to go out there and have fun, all right? We have our showcase in two weeks and this is good publicity for us, so do your best, remember your formations, and more importantly have fun." We all hold hands and do our team chant and we head out into the field.

As we're getting in our formations, I see the football team start to come out. , now I'm nervous. Kai's going to see me dance and I didn't realize how off guard I was until Nalani literally made me focus. "You'll be fine. Don't worry about him, just dance." "Got it. Thanks Nalani." "Anytime." She smiled.

"All right everyone, let's give up for the Valley View Dance Team!" "Yeah Nalani!" I heard Kris yell. The song starts and I see Nalani nail her solo. When the bridge going into the chorus started to play, I was on my A game. I made sure every move was sharp, every turn was made and I had my facials to a tee.

We get towards the bridge of the song, which is my solo where I do three fouettés and then raise my leg while turning, and I let the music move me. As cliche as it sounds, I was able to get all my counts and not fall out of my turn. We finish our performance and we had a pretty good applause.

Majority of it came from the football team and a few of the other members of the team who couldn't perform. We jog off the field and head back into the stands. "Tiana!" I turn and see Lay and Chen waving at me and giving me the thumbs up. I wave back and head to my seat. I was kind of hoping to get a compliment from Kai, but I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up.

The rest of the game was very entertaining, however Tao had gotten hurt so they had to take him back to the locker room to see if he was okay. After the game, the guys wanted to go out to celebrate their victory and had asked us to join them, but our dance team was having a get together, so we said we'd see them later.

As we're walking back to campus, I hear someone calling out to me. "Tiana!" I turn around and I see Kai coming up to me. Oh my gosh. I am not prepared for this."Hey," "Hey. Good game." I said. "Thanks. It was a team effort." "Definitely." I said with a small smile. "Listen, I thought you guys did really well during halftime." "Thank you. It was a team effort." "It was. So, um I thought you stood out the most."

"You did?" I said surprised. "Yeah. I had seen Nalani dance and she's pretty good, but you were really good." "That means a lot to me Kai. Thank you, honestly." "You're welcome." Kai smiled. "Come on Kai! We're hungry!" I hear a voice say. "I guess you better go." "They can wait. It's not every day I get to talk to you." He smirked.

"Right." I said shyly. "Kai?! Are you coming or not?" I heard another voice say and it's Sehun. "Sehun, shut up or so help me I'll kick your ." Woah. Kai turned and looked at me and he rubbed the back of his head. "Sorry. He can really irk me sometimes." "No. I get it, trust me." Kai chuckles and looks down at me.

"So, tonight---" "Yeah?" "Could you save me a dance?" "At your party?" "Yeah." People still dance at house parties? "Um sure, I guess. I don't plan on staying long though." "How come?" "Parties aren't really my thing." "Then what is your thing?" Kai said as he stepped towards me. "Not much." "I beg to differ." "Well---"

"Sorry, but Kai we're hungry. Hey Tiana." Xiumin said to me. "Hey Xiumin. I understand. We're getting food too." "Are you coming to our party tonight?" "Yeah. I'll be there." I said with a small smile. "Cool. Let's go Kai." "Can I say goodbye to her first?" "Yes, but hurry up." "Fine." Kai mumbled. He's cute when he gets frustrated. I giggle to myself and he looks down at me.

"What?" He smirks. "Nothing." I say with a smile. "So, I'll see you later then?" Kai asked shyly. "Yeah. I'll see you at the party." "Cool. I'll see you later." "Yeah." We both don't move, but we smile at one another and I turn around first. I walk off and glance behind me and see Kai staring after me.

I then hear voices behind me telling Kai to stop staring at me and to and I quote 'hurry the up'. Some odd reason I was actually looking forward to the party. "Tiana, come on," "Coming!"