Chapter Two

Until We Met Under the Moon

I couldn't stop thinking about Kai. It was really unusual. I mean I wouldn't even try to think about him, but he would always be there when I didn't want him to be. I was staring up at my ceiling in my room when I heard my front door open.

"Tiana? You home?" I heard Nalani say. "Yeah."

I hear footsteps and then her knock on my door. "It's open." She opens the door and she gets pulled back for a second and she says, "Wait a second babe. My friend needs me. Go sit in my room."

I figured she was talking to Kris, so I say, "Hi Kris."

"Hey," He said as he poked his head in my room. "Are you okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I said with a small smile and sit up. "Did you hear that boys?" Nalani said.

"What?"

Suddenly, I see Suho, Lay, Chen, and D.O at my bedroom door.

"Are you sure that you're okay?" Lay asked me.

"Yeah. Were—were you guys worried about me?" I asked.

"Of course. If you're Nalani's friend, then you're our friend too." Chen said with a smile.

"Can we come in?" D.O asked.

"Yeah. God, I'm sorry."

All of them pile into my room and sit in a variety of places. Nalani sits with Kris in his lap on the floor, D.O sits at my desk, Lay sits by my feet, and Chen and Suho sit beside me on my bed.

I just let four strangers into my room. Well, I just met them, but Nalani's here, so it's not so bad. I think. "How long have you know Nalani?" Suho asked me.

"Since freshman year. She's the reason why I'm on the dance team on campus." "Really?" Lay asked. "Yeah. Is that bad?"

"No. Lay loves to dance. So does Sehun, Tao, and Kai."

I hear someone's phone vibrate and I see D.O check his phone. "It's Chanyeol. He wants me to ask you, if you're okay." He said.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I said with a smile. These boys I just met care about me. It really touches my heart.

"You guys are really nice." I say out loud.

"Thanks. That means a lot coming from you." Lay said with a smile.

"I know you probably don't want us to bring this up, but why did you suddenly storm out of the dining hall?" Chen asked.

I thought about for a second and I realized, I didn't have a reason for leaving. I just felt so overwhelmed by everything I just left.

"I don't know. I was fine, but then when Kai showed up—" the flashback of Kai and I making eye contact replays in my mind.

"I couldn't think of anything else to do. But for some reason, I felt some sort of pull towards Kai. I don't know how to explain it. Then again, it could just be because I'm an introvert and I wanted to go home as soon as possible."

"You do that a lot I noticed." Nalani said.

"Speaking of Kai, he just sent me a text. He wants to know if you're doing okay." Suho said as he looked at me.

"Tell him that I'm fine and I'd like to meet him properly next time." I said with a small smile.

Then I feel my cheeks starting to heat up. I touch my cheeks and Nalani looked at me with wide eyes and then she smirked.

"Boys, I think it's time for you all to leave." She said as she got off Kris' lap.

"I thought we were going to the movies?" Kris asked her.

"You go sit in my room. The rest of you need to leave. Tiana and I need some girl time." "Can we get her number first before we leave?" Chen asked.

"Woah Chen. You don't need the girl's number."

"Yeah, but I want to make sure she's okay."

"Me too." Lay said with a smile.

"Me too." Suho said.

Nalani looked at D.O and he said, "I'll get it from one of them, eventually." I gave Suho my number and he passed it along to Chen and Lay.

The four brothers who came and gave me a visit then left and Nalani was giving me this funny look. "What?"

"I saw your cheeks heat up."

"And?" She sat next to me on my bed and got really close to my face.

"You. Like. Kai. Don't you?" She asked with a smirk.

"I just met him! Sort of."

"I saw the way he looked at you. I knew it. You ran away because you didn't know how to approach Kai, didn't you."

"Well," "And you didn't know if he was going to make a move of not, so you left."

"Kind of. I didn't know what to do."

We were both silent for a while and I grabbed my teddy bear and hugged it. "He's cute isn't he?" Nalani said nonchalantly.

"So cute! No, gorgeous. And that blonde hair. Uh!" I lie down on my bed and start moving around. "I feel like a girl with a middle school crush."

"Well half of that sentence is true. You do have a crush on him."

"Yeah, but if I see him again, what am I going to do?"

"Just be yourself."

"That's what everyone says."

"No, seriously. Be yourself. Don't be fake for some boy."

"But Kai isn't some boy."

"Well, for now, you know that you'll see Kai at the football game and if you go the guys' party, so that'll give you a chance to talk to him there."

"But parties aren't my thing." I said as I laid down stuffed my head into my pillow.

"Tiana! it up for one night. Go. All the guys are going to be there, and they already like you. Four of them were just here."

"Yeah, they were. And it was really sweet." I said with a small smile.

"Just go. It will be a lot of fun. I promise. You don't even have to stay the whole time."

"Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt—"

"Yay!" Nalani tackled me on my bed and hugged the daylights out of me.

I am going to regret this.

~Suho's Point of View

"Tiana is so cute, isn't she?" Lay said as we were going down the elevator.

"Don't let Kai hear you say that. She's his mate." Chen said.

"Really?" Lay said surprised. "Didn't you see the way he looked at her when they met?" D.O asked.

"I did, but I didn't realize that she was his mate."

"God. What are we going to do with you?" I smiled.

"You can tell that she likes him too."

"What do you mean?" D.O asked.

"When she spoke about him, and said she'd want to meet him properly next time, her heart sped up and body temperature got warmer." Chen said.

"So, how are we going to get them together?" "We can't. That's Kai's job. If she is his mate, as he says, he has to make all the moves. We just sit back and watch and pray everything goes well." I said.

"Kai does deserve to be happy."

"You said it." I just want things to go well between the two of them, hopefully.

End of Suho's Point of View~

Ever since I met Kris' brothers, I see them all over campus. Why had I never noticed them before? I had no idea who they were or that they even existed until Nalani introduced me to them.

No matter where I went, I saw one of them. Like this morning, I was walking to the dining hall and I saw Tao and Sehun together. They asked if I was okay since the whole running out of the dining hall incident happened.

Then, I walked into my History class and I had NO IDEA that Suho had been in my class. In fact, we sat next to each other in the class. He even walked me to my next class. This is too crazy. Speaking of the brothers in question, I was on my way to the dining hall to have lunch with Lay and Chen.

We had gotten pretty close since they had come over and wanted to know if I was okay. In fact, Chen practically became my new best friend. Suho and I were pretty close too, but to a different degree.

"So, you are going to the party this weekend?" Chen asked me for the millionth time.

"Yes. For the last time, I'm going. I swear Nalani and her big mouth."

"We're happy you're coming." Lay said with a smile. "Really?" "More importantly, Kai's excited that you're coming." Chen smirked.

"What?"

"He overheard us talking about you and asked if you were coming and we said yes. He was over the moon about it."

"You guys are just messing with me." "No. We're dead serious." Chen and Lay had picked up on the fact that I had a crush on Kai, but only slightly teased me about it.

"God, I wonder why I hang out with you two."

"Because you love us."

"Yeah, yeah." I check the time and see that it's almost four o' clock.

"Sorry guys, I have to go."

"What?"

"I have dance practice today. I want to get a power nap in before I go."

"All right. I guess we'll see you later then."

"Yeah." "You're coming to our game this Saturday right?" Lay asked me.

"Yeah. I'll be there. I might even perform too. I find out tonight."

"Ooh. Tiana might perform." Chen smirked.

"Shut up."

"Bye Tiana!" Lay and Chen said at the same time and I smile back at them. I got up and walked out of the dining hall. As I'm putting my headphones in, and about to head out, I bump into someone. "Sorry!" "No, it's fine." I look up and I see Kai. Crap.

I have a ton of butterflies in my stomach. I didn't think I'd see Kai again this soon.

"You're Tiana, right?" He asked me.

I couldn't speak, so I just nod my head.

"I'm Kai. Nice to meet you." He said as he gently took my hand. "Yeah. Nice to meet you too." I said quietly.

Why am I so nervous?

"So, where are you headed?" Kai asked me.

"Back to my apartment. I was going to take a power nap before I had practice." I said.

"I don't want to hold you up then. I'll see you later then?" Kai asked he looked down at me.

"Yeah. Sure." I shyly look up at him and he smiles at me. My heart stops beating for a second then starts beating rapidly, again. He takes my hand again and the smile remains on his face.

"It was nice meeting you."

"Yeah. Nice meeting you too."

Kai slowly let's go of my hand and kind of lingers around my fingers for a while until he finally let go. "Bye,"

"Bye." I start to walk away and for some reason, I glance back briefly and I see Kai looking me.

He looks down at his feet shyly, then looks back up at me then turns around and starts walking. Was he looking at me? Of course he was. Or maybe he wasn't. I need to go take that nap.