Chapter Twenty Five

Until We Met Under the Moon

"I love you, Tiana." I look up at Suho in shock. He just kissed me and then he told me he loved me. I pulled away from him and take a few steps away from him. I can't take all of this right now. I already got some serious information about the whole mate thing from Kai and hour ago, and now Suho says he's in love with me?

The last thing I need right now, is a love triangle. I hear rustling in the trees near us and suddenly a pissed off Kai walks into the clearing where Suho and I were. "Kai," "You ."

"Kai, stop!" I yelled. Kai stops and he looks at me. "We aren't finished talking."

"He kissed you. And said he loved you. You're mine, Tiana and you don't seem to care!" Kai yelled.

"I do care!" I yelled back at him.

Kai and I stare at each other for a few moments, until I look away and I pull Suho to the side.

"Are you choosing him over me?" Kai asked seriously. "After all I've done for you?"

"Kai, if you're so worried about what I'm going to say, just stand there and shut up for like two minutes." I said irritated.

Kai scoffs, but sits on a rock and stays quiet.

I turn to Suho and take his hand. "Suho, I care about you. You know I do. And I do admit, I miss the times we spent together. You get me, which was one the main reasons why we clicked. There was a time when I did have some feelings towards you, but---"

I turn and look at Kai and he's looking at the ground sulking. "I love Kai." Kai looks up at me with wide eyes and an enormous blush appears on his cheeks. "He's been nothing but good to me and does anything to make sure that I'm comfortable. You all have. I'm glad that all of you came into my life and I hope that we can rekindle that friendship we had when we first met."

Suho looks down at me with a small smile. He kisses my forehead and holds my head with both hands while caressing my cheeks. "I always knew you were a good match for him. He needs you in his life, just like you need him. I do miss our friendship. I'd like to rekindle it as well. And, I'll back off."

I hug Suho and he stills, but then he melts into my hug. "Ehhm" Kai said as he cleared his throat. Suho and I pull away and he ruffles my hair. "No hard feelings?" Suho said as he holds his hand out to Kai.

Kai smiles a small smile and takes his hand. "No hard feelings. But I need to beat you in something for kissing my girlfriend." "Kai," I said. "Okay okay. Just don't do it again." "I won't. I promise." Suho smiled.

I smile a small smile and hear more rustling in the bushes. Out comes Chen, Tao, and Sehun back in their human forms. "Is everyone friends again?" Chen said with a smile. "Yup." I said.

"Damn it Sehun! Now I'm out $20!" Tao said as he took out his wallet and handed Sehun money. "You guys bet on us?" Kai asked.

"Yeah! We bet to see if you and Suho would fight, but that didn't happen, which lucked out in my favor." Sehun smirked. 'Those two are definitely characters.' I thought. I giggle and Kai looks down at me and smiles.

"What's so funny?"

"Those two. They're absolute characters." I said with a smile.

Kai smiles a small smile and puts his arm around me, pulling me closer. "They sure are." He agreed.

We all head back to the house and Kai walked me back to my car. "I guess I'll see you around then." I said as I took out my car keys.

"Yeah. Um, Tiana,"

"Yeah?" I said as I looked up at Kai.

"What you said back there, was that true? The whole, 'I love Kai' thing?" He asked shyly, but with some confidence behind it.

My eyes widened and I feel my cheeks heat up immensely. Wait a minute. I said, 'I love Kai' out loud and Kai heard me. .

"I---I mean---Yes, but---I, CRAP! I mean," Kai lifts my chin and he kisses me. Kai pulls away and gazes into my eyes and says, "I love you, too." And smiles.

If my face wasn't already red, it definitely is now. I look down at my feet pretending they are the most interesting thing on the planet. I hear Kai chuckle and he tries to look down at me, but I didn't want him to.

"Why so shy?" He asked and I could feel the smirk radiating off his face.

"I'll see you later." I finally say.

"How about tomorrow? Want to get breakfast say, 11?"

"Sure." I said shyly.

Kai lifts my chin once more and he kisses me, briefly. Kai pulls away and looks down at me with lidded eyes.

"Good night, my princess." He whispered.

"Good night."

Kai pulls away and opens my door, so I could get in my car. I get in my car and start it. I look out the window and Kai's watching me. I do a little wave and Kai smiles and does the same.

I put my car in gear and drive back to my apartment. When I get home, I see Nalani and Alice in the kitchen. "Hey," they said in unison. "Hey." I said back to them.

"You're home late." Nalani said.

"I took Kai home and some things happened."

"How was your study session?" Alice asked.

"It went surprisingly well." I admitted.

"When you said some things happened, what exactly do you mean?" Nalani asked.

"It's a long story." I said.

Kai's POV~

I walk back into the house with a huge smile on my face. "Ooh, you look happy." Baekhyun said.

"I am. I'm extremely happy." I confessed. Tiana told me that she loved me. She loves me. I couldn't be happier. Is it possible for someone to make someone else happy? "Tiana told me she loves me. She loves me. Can you believe it?" I said as I sat down on the couch.

I let that sink in for a while and just feel overall happiness. "I have to do something for her." 

"Like what?" 

"I don't know. I just want to show her how much I love her, you know? I know we haven't been dating very long, but I feel like I've known her for such a long time." I continued. 

"Take her on a date? Go downtown! It's a perfect time to go since the city looks more Christmasy. She'd love it." Chen said.

"That's sounds great, but money's a little tight for me. I want to do something different." 

"You don't think Tiana deserves the best?" Baekhyun said with a smirk.

"She does!" I yelled.

"How about this, we set up your date and in return, you have to do our chores for the rest of the week. Deal?" Sehun said with a smirk. 

"If it will make Tiana happy, I'm in." 

End of Kai's POV~

"Wait, you told Kai you loved him?" Nalani said in disbelief. "Yeah. It happened not the way I wanted to, but it felt right. Even though I had shut Suho down right after. I feel so bad." I said.

"You shouldn't. One, he kissed you. Two, You're Kai's mate, so it's way out of line. And three---" 

"He's one of my closest friends and I don't think we can ever re-establish that bond we used to share." I sighed. 

"Yeah. I guess you're right. But, deep down he had to have known that you two just weren't meant to be." Alice added. 

"Yeah." I answered.

Suddenly, my phone rings and I look at my caller ID and see Kai's name flashing. I answer the call almost immediately.

"Hello?" "How's my princess?" He asked me. 

I feel my cheeks heat up and say, "I'm fine. How about you?" 

"I'm doing all right. Listen, about tomorrow---" 

"Yeah?" 

"I was wondering if you wanted to spend the day together? You know, one last time together before finals." 

"I'd love to spend the day with you. I need a break from studying." I admitted. 

"Awesome, so I'll pick you up at 11 for breakfast and we'll go on from there." 

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow then." 

"Good night princess." 

"Good night, Kai." And I hung up.

"Hot date tomorrow?" Nalani smirked. "Yeah." I blushed. 

"Ooh!" Nalani and Alice said in unison. I blush and stand up. "I'm going to bed. I'll see you guys tomorrow, maybe." 

"Okay. Have fun on your date." Alice said. "Thanks." I go into my room, get ready for bed and I'm immediately asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. 

Meanwhile

Alice had left from Nalani and Tiana's apartment a few minutes after Tiana had gone to bed. Her roommate wasn't usually there, so most of the time, she had the apartment to herself. She walks into her room and starts getting ready for bed herself, since it was pretty late. 

Her and Luhan had been getting along just fine, unlike the other two couples who seemed to have issues every once and a while. But Alice felt like she wasn't enough. As much as her and Luhan hung out together, she felt like she wasn't meant to be with Luhan. 

But that connection they felt when they first met wasn't an accident. They were meant to find each other and sadly, she couldn't come to terms with it. She hasn't told anyone about this, except to Xiumin. He understood where she was coming from in his own and promised not to tell Luhan. 

Alice put on her glasses and took out her notebook. I guess you could say that it was a diary, so to speak, but it was mainly a journal to help get her feelings across when she couldn't say them aloud. She also wrote song lyrics, since she was a Music major. She had thought about talking to Lay or Chanyeol about helping actually composing a song, so she was ahead in her songwriting class, but she didn't want to seem like a burden.

Alice glances out the window and sees all the stars in the sky and the moon at half moon. There wouldn't be another full moon until next week, which was Nalani and Kris' ceremony. Man, Nalani getting married before we finish school. That's just crazy. 

Alice glances down at her phone and sees a text from Luhan. She picks up her phone and reads the text. 

Luhan: I can't sleep. Can you?

Alice: No. I just got back.

Luhan: Can I come over? 

Alice: If you want. I won't stop you.

Luhan: Okay. I'm on my way.

Luhan has never stayed overnight with Alice before. She was too shy to do anything, very similar to how Tiana handled situations with Kai, but Alice was MUCH worse. Ever since she got her heartbroken all those years ago, she hasn't let anyone in, besides Nalani and Tiana.

Luhan is probably the next person after them, then Xiumin. Alice is taken from her train of thought when she suddenly hears a knock at the door. She gets up from her bed, walks into the living room and opens the door for Luhan. There Luhan stood in a jean jacket, white T-shirt, grey sweatpants and a pair of Vans. 

"Hey." He said with a smile.

"Hey." Alice said shyly. 

"I didn't know you wore glasses." Luhan said as he took a step closer to Alice, examining her face. "Oh. Yeah. I don't wear them, since I have contacts and all." "They look good." Luhan complimented. 

"Oh. Thanks." Alice blushed. 

They were silent for a while until Alice said; "So, you couldn't sleep?" She said as she walked into her kitchen and Luhan wasn't too far behind her. "Yeah. I just have too many things on my mind." 

"Oh. I'm sorry to here that. I could make you some tea. That usually helps me go to sleep when I have difficulty going to sleep." 

"Sure, but only if you'll drink some with me." Luhan smiled. 

Alice blushes and she grabs the tea from her cabinet and starts up her tea kettle. It was going to take a little while until the water was hot enough to put into the cups. She grabs the tea strainer and readies the tea before she adds the water. She feels Luhan's eyes on her the entire time.

Even though they're practically a couple, she still acts really shy around Luhan. Once the water finally reaches its limit, she turns it off and pours the water into the first cup. The water releases all the juice from the tealeaves and the aroma from the tea fills Alice's nose. She grabs a spoon and and stirs it, so no residue is left in the tea.

"Here you are." Alice said as he hands Luhan a cup of tea. "Thank you." He smiles. She then works on her cup of tea and she starts to drink it, but then remembers; "Do you like sugar and stuff in your tea? I  forgot to ask." She said embarrassed. 

"Sugar is fine. Thank you." She walks over to the cabinet and gets the sugar, only to find out that it's high up. "Great." She mumbles. 'Of all the times to be short, this had to be the time.' She thought. She jumps up on the counter and grabs the sugar from the high shelf. 

As she's climbing down, she feels a pair of arms wrap around her waist making sure she doesn't fall. "I got you." Luhan said. 

She looks down at Luhan and blushes. She then makes her way down the counter, unharmed. "Thanks." She said shyly.

"No worries." He smiled. Alice didn't realize how close Luhan had been standing and it only made her more shy than she already was. "Here's the sugar." She mumbles. "Thanks." Luhan takes the sugar from Alice and looks down at her again. 

Alice's cheeks flare up and she goes back to her cup of tea. "Alice," Luhan said as he grabbed her wrist and she turned back to look at him. "Yes?" She responded shyly. Luhan is giving her this look that she doesn't recognize. He takes her hand and pulls her towards him. His arm snakes around her waist pulling her up against his chest. 

She looks up at him and he's looking down at her. He starts to lean in towards her and they're nose to nose. "I won't stop, if you don't tell me to." Luhan whispered. Alice's breath hitches and soon Luhan's lips are connected to Alice's. Luhan's other hand caresses her cheek and Alice clings onto Luhan's shirt. 

Luhan pulls away, briefly, then he make eye contact with Alice. Her cheeks are completely flushed and she isn't actually pulling away from him. "Alice, I really like you and I want to take that next step. Will you have me?" Luhan confesses.