Chapter Sixteen

Until We Met Under the Moon

I walk into my room after my little "confrontation" with Nalani and someone is in the room with me. "Kai, what are---" "Not so loud." He said as he came towards me and put his hand over my mouth. He takes his hands from my mouth and sits down on my bed.

"What are you doing here? How did you get up here?" I whispered.

"I needed to see you. And I climbed through the window." Kai said.

"But you saw me two hours ago and I live on the third floor. How was that possible?"

"It just was, but---"

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I've been better." I get a good look at Kai and he's sweating up a storm.

"Are you sure you're okay? You're sweating up a storm."

"I'm fine."

"Let me get you some water."

I got up and walked towards the door, but Kai stops me. "Wait." Kai wraps his arms around my waist and he's giving me a back hug.

"Kai,"

"Don't leave. Stay a while longer."

"But Kai,"

"Please?" He pleaded.

"Fine." What am I going to do? "At least take off your drenched shirt. You'll catch a cold that way." "Do you have another shirt I can wear?" "Yeah. I have free t-shirt that's too large for me." I pull away from Kai and go into my drawer and grab a shirt.

"Here you go. I hope---" I turn to see Kai shirtless. I mean I did say to take his shirt off, but I didn't think he'd do it right away.I turn around so my back is facing towards him and my cheeks are completely flushed.

"Tiana, do you have that shirt?"

"Yeah." I hand Kai the shirt, without facing him.

"Why won't you look at me?" Kai asked me.

"Because you're in the process of changing and it's considered rude to watch someone change, if I'm not mistaken."

"Tiana, it's fine. You can turn around."

"No. Not until you're wearing a shirt."

"Tiana, look at me."

Kai turns me around and I'm facing him. He's wearing the shirt I gave him and he pulls me closer. "I thought you said you had to go home?" I whispered. "I did, but I wanted to see you." "Does Suho know you're here? Or D.O?" "No." Kai answered right away.

"Kai,"

"I wanted to be with you." Kai said as he took my hand.

"But---"

"I don't want to go home. Don't make me leave."

What am I going to do? Kai being here is starting to stress me out. I sit down beside him think about what I'm going to do. Obviously, he isn't going home. I guess he could spend the night, but Nalani is in the apartment too.

"All right, here's what's going to happen. You're going to stay the night---"

"Yay!"

"But, you need to promise me that you WILL NOT run away and not tell anyone like you did. You understand?" I said to him.

"Yes. I understand. Thank you for letting me stay."

"It's no trouble at all." I sigh with relief and checked the time. It was 10:30PM. It wasn't my bed time, but with Kai here I really didn't know what to do.

"What time is your class tomorrow?" I asked him.

"9AM." "We should probably get some sleep then."

"But---"

"Kai, I'm tired from dance practice, so if you wanted to do something it's not going to happen." "Well,"

"Yes?"

"There was one thing I wanted to do."

"Enlighten me, then."

Kai looked at me and he gently caressed my cheek. He leans in and he kisses me. Kai pulls away, but doesn't stay away for too long. "Was that a good night kiss?" I whispered. "It could be. Although, I thought it be a different kind of kiss." Kai said as he nudged my forehead.

"What do you mean?" I asked shyly. "I'll show you." Kai leans in and kisses me once more. His right hand slowly makes it's way towards the back of my head, so he can deepen the kiss. Kai pulls away again and takes my hand and pulls me onto his lap. I feel that my cheeks are flushed and I hesitantly look at Kai and his cheeks are somewhat flushed.

Kai leans in and I meet him halfway. This kiss felt so passionate and it made my heart flutter tenfold. I feel Kai's hands drop to my waist and my arms slowly make their way around his neck. I think this is the closest I have ever been to Kai. Literally. Kai pulls away briefly to say, "I can't get enough of you." And he kisses me again.

Kai breaks away from the kiss and he goes to my neck. He leaves tiny, breathless kisses on my neck slowly towards my left ear lobe. "Kai," I moaned. I could feel how wet I was getting and I feel like if I don't stop Kai soon, this whole thing could go a step further. "Kai," I said as I pull away, so Kai's lips could get off my neck.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"We should stop."

"Do we have to?"

"Yes. I don't want to do something and then regret it later."

"I wouldn't regret doing anything with you."

"You're just saying that." "No. I mean it, Tiana."

I look at Kai and he's looking back at me. "Forget it. We need to get some sleep." I climb off of Kai's lap and jump off my bed. I open my covers, so I can get under the blanket and Kai does the same. It's not like I didn't want to stop my make out session with Kai, but what if we took that next step? Not only that, but I'm not exactly Kai's girlfriend.

I mean he's hasn't exactly asked me, but we hang out so much together and we're  practically a couple. I don't know. I mean he did say he likes me and I like him. I'm so confused. I'm afraid to ask him. "Kai," "Yeah?" "I---I want to---What are we?" "Humans?" "No. Relationship wise. What are we?"

"You're my friend. My best friend. But, the feelings I have for you are unexplainable. I really like you Tiana. I can't stop thinking about you when we're not together. My heart---" Kai takes my hand and puts it on his chest over his heart.

"My heart beats so erratically when we're together. You always look out for me and I try to look out you the best that I can. I guess what I'm trying Tiana is that, I want you to be mine." I take all of what Kai said to me and I feel a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.

"Will you be mine, Tiana?" Kai asked me.

"Yeah. I will." I said shyly.

Kai smiles and hugs the absolute crap out of me. As happy as I am to know that Kai and I are a thing now, we really need to get some sleep. "We should get some---" Kai kisses me then pulls away and says, "Sleep. I know." He smirked. What exactly did I get myself into?

Meanwhile

"Where's Kai?" Suho asked D.O.

"I think he said he went for a walk."

"." Suho swore.

"What? What's wrong?" D.O asked.

"Chen, Xiumin, Chanyeol, Baekhyun let's go."

"Where are we going?" Chen asked.

"We need to find Kai. He's not here."

"Suho, he should be okay. The moon has reached it's highest peak."

"Yeah, but the first place he's going to go is Tiana's apartment."

"Just let him be." a new voice said. We all turn around and see Kris.

"But you were one to say that we shouldn't let him be around Tiana so much." Xiumin said. "Yeah, but that kid is in love with that girl. It'll only be a matter of time that he'll slowly open up to her about his wolf self, and the rest of us."

"I guess that's true, but---" "You just have to trust the him." Kris finished.

"Could you guys keep it down? I'm trying to sleep here!" Sehun said as lifts his eye mask and Tao is lazily clinging to his side, half asleep.

"Sorry." Chen said. Suddenly, Luhan walks in and he has the biggest smile on his face. "Someone looks happy." Chanyeol said as Luhan sat down on the couch.

"Where were you?" Baekhyun asked. "Like you have to ask? Her scent is all over him." "You got it bad for this girl." Lay said as he sat beside him. "I'm crazy about her. I've never felt this way about anyone before." "Well she's definitely your mate." Xiumin said.

"I want to tell her." "Tell her what?" "About us. She deserves to know." "Are you sure about that? Do you think she'll be able to take it." "I think so. We have this connection and I feel like I can tell her anything." "Well, if you think you'll be able to do that, then by all means tell her." Suho said.

"Are you sure?" Luhan asked. "Yeah. Tiana, however I'm worried about." "Because you love her?" Chen smirked. "Yes. I care about Tiana, but with her anxiety issues, I don't know how she'll be able to take the news. I don't want either one of them to be heartbroken, you know?"

"Yeah. I understand." Chen smiled a small smile. "She's my best friend. I see where you're coming from." D.O comes downstairs and he's on his phone and he says, "Kai texted me." "Where is he?" Suho asked. 

"He's with Tiana." "Call him. Now." Suho demanded. 

D.O calls Kai and Kai immediately answers. "Hey," "Hey. Are you okay?" D.O asked. "I'm fine." "Is Tiana okay?" Chen asked. "She's fine. She's my girlfriend now." "Congratulations." Chen said sarcastically, while grinning like a Cheshire cat. 

"Did you claim her?" Suho asked. 

"No. I had control." 

"Are you sure?"

 "Look, I'm sure you guys don't want to know that I was making out with her, so---" 

"Too much information." Baekhyun said. 

"She stopped me. She didn't want to take that next step."

 "Thank God for her." Xiumin murmured. 

"Are you spending the night over there? Will you be able to control yourself." "I think so." "No. You need to know that you won't claim her in her sleep." "I won't. I swear." 

"Good." "I really like her guys. I don't want to this up." Kai admitted.

"We know. We know how you feel about her. Just don't rush into anything and then chicken out when the going gets tough." Kris said. 

"I won't. I'll see you guys tomorrow." 

"Good night." All eleven brothers said.

"Good night." Kai said and he hung up.

Back to Tiana's Point of View

"Who were you talking to?" I asked as I came back from the bathroom. "My brothers. Just to let them know where I was." Kai said as he put his phone in his jacket pocket. 

"Oh. Good. Let's get some sleep." 

"Okay. Can we---never mind."

"What?" 

"Can we cuddle?" Kai said shyly without exactly looking at me. 

I smiled a small smile and said, "Yeah. We can cuddle." "Cool." Kai blushed. 

Kai and I climb into bed and I turn off my bedside light. "So," "So." Kai and I lay there for a couple minutes without touching each other and we could the smell the awkwardness in the air. "How would we start this?" Kai asked. "I don't know. Maybe this?" I lay my head in Kai's chest and Kai wraps his arms around me. 

"Is this right?" "I don't know. I've never done this." "Me either." "Another first for you. Wow, I'm two for two." Kai smirked. "Shut up." Kai chuckles and he tightens his hold on me. "Good night Tiana." "Good night, Kai."