Chapter Twenty Eight

Until We Met Under the Moon

With finals over and winter break on the horizon I was really excited about going home to see my family, but that I meant I wouldn't be seeing much of Kai and his brothers. As soon as I go home, I'm heading on a boat to the Bahamas for a week and then I work at a book store until I come back. Talk about a boring break. Well, after the vacation.

I was getting ready for Nalani's ceremony since I was a "bridesmaid" for her. It was a cool honor to be apart of the ceremony and it wasn't hectic, since all Nalani told me to do was walk down the aisle and look pretty, without falling. Thankfully, Nalani and I have the same favorite color, so the bridesmaid dress had been a dark purple. It went down to the top of my knees and it wasn't exactly sleeveless, but it showed the top of my back.

The dress had cap sleeves, so it was a good cross between tank top and short sleeve shirt. My hair had been curled and then two braids had been tied back, so it looked like my hair was half up, half down. I looked good, if I did say so myself. I wonder if Kai will think so. I'm sure he will. I haven't seen him since his History final.

He seemed pretty confident about it and we went out and celebrated afterward. Since then, I couldn't see him due to finals and he and his brothers had to prepare for the ceremony. I walked out into the living room and Alice is waiting on the couch on her phone. She's probably texting Luhan. They seemed even closer for a while now. I'm glad she was able to find someone to get her out of her shell.

She was wearing the exact same dress, but her hair was up in a pretty bun. I thought bridesmaids had to look practically identical? This is my first time BEING in a wedding. I guess if Nalani doesn't like it, she could always change it. It's just the three of us, with 12 men, their parents, and I think Nalani's parents. I'm not exactly sure.

I go to Nalani's room and knock on her door. "Come in!" She says.

I walk inside and she's still fixing her make up. She looked gorgeous, but when didn't she? "Hey. How are you doing?" I asked.

"Surprisingly, ok. I don't know why, but I'm really calm. Maybe because I have you and Alice."

"Are you excited?"

"Yeah. I am. I---I love Kris. We were meant to be together. Besides the fact that I'm his mate and all. We just get each other, you know?"

"Yeah. I get it. I'm happy for you. We all are." I said with a smile.

"Soon, it'll be your turn." She smiled.

"One day at a time. Please." I said nervously.

"I know, but the time will come."

"I know."

Nalani did the finishing touches on her make up and then put on her dress. It was beautiful. It had lace straps, which then connected to a low V-neck bodice, which connected to this gorgeous ball gown type skirt. It screamed Nalani. It fit all her curves in the right places and just made her look like a princess.

"How do I look?" She asked me, nervously.

"Like a million dollars. You look gorgeous, Nal."

"You think so? Will Kris think so?" She asked.

"I know so. Speaking of your groom, we cannot keep him waiting. We gotta leave."

"I know. Xiumin just texted me."

"Let's go then." Nalani, Alice, and I head downstairs and got in the limo that was waiting for us to take us to this estate we were having the wedding a staying at for the next couple days. It was about a half and hour drive, which wasn't so bad. We could not wear a shoes during the ride, that way our feet weren't going to kill us during the ceremony.

We get there and Xiumin leads us to this room that only we were allowed in, until the ceremony started. "You girls look beautiful." he said before he headed out. I guess he was letting everyone know that we're here.

We did last minute make up checks and got in the order that we were going down the aisle. Alice and I were going to walk down with our guys, but since it's a small ceremony, they let us walk down alone. After about a ten minute wait, Xiumin came back to let us know we could line up. I was pretty nervous just walking down the aisle. I can only imagine what Nalani was feeling.

I hear the music start on the other side and Alice walks out first. I wait another eight count and then I walk out. I feel a crap ton of eyes on me, even though there was barely any people in the room to begin with. My eyes meet with Kai's just as I reach the end of the aisle and he smiles at me. I couldn't really take in his appearance as I was walking, but I'm sure he looked amazing.

I made it down the aisle without falling and wait for Nalani's entrance. The wedding march starts and I everyone turns around and looks at the back door. Nalani appears and Kris' eyes just widen. He's completely mesmerized by her. You can literally see the love he has for her in his eyes, just like I did when I met him all those weeks ago. They're definitely meant to be together.

I feel someone else's eyes on me and I see Kai staring at me. I feel my cheeks heat up and do a shy wave and he does the same. Nalani makes it to the alter and Kris just can't take his eyes off her. The ceremony goes on without a hitch. Nalani and Kris say their vows to one another and Nalani is then given a ring as a sign of their partnership.

"Do you Kris, take Nalani as your wife. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, til death do you part; as long as you both shall live?" The priest asked.

"I do." Kris said as he smiled down at Nalani.

"Do you Nalani, take Kris as your husband. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, til death do you part; as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." She said in a loving way.

"Then by the power vested in me, I pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride." The priest smiled. Nalani leans up, but is suddenly dipped by Kris and he kisses her. Everyone starts clapping and Nalani is then released from Kris' kiss. The two walk hand in hand down the aisle and the ceremony ends. Well, it was a wedding rather than a ceremony since Nalani's parents don't exactly know the entire truth about Kris' other half.

The reception was in the next room and it was a free for all. As I'm walking from the alter, I see Kai walking towards me.

"Hey,"

"Hey."

"You look stunning." Kai said to me.

"Thank you. And you look handsome." I said to him.

"Thanks. I had to look "professional" for the event."

"Professional is a good look on you." I admitted.

"You think so?" He said as he kind of closed the gap between us.

"Uh, yeah." I said shyly.

We stand there in silence for a moment until Kai says, "Do you want to sit together at the reception?"

"Sure." Kai takes one of my hands from the bouquet and places it in his own. We walk to the reception and we grab two seats. There was a menu prepared, we just had to pick what we wanted and they'd bring it to us, since there wasn't that many of us.

I place my bouquet on the table and pull my seat up to the table. I glance around the table and everyone looks like they're having a great time. I'm sure going to miss all these people when I'm home during the break. I smile a small smile and look down at the table.

"You okay?" I look up and see Kyungsoo looking at me.

"I'm fine. Just lost in my thoughts."

"Okay. If you say so." The dinner went on without a hitch and it was nice, romantic evening. I couldn't help, but glance at Nalani and Kris. They looked so happy together. I'm so happy for her. I feel myself smile and look down at my lap.

"You okay?" I heard Kai whisper.

"Yeah. Just lost in my thoughts." I said.

I turn to Kai and he's giving me this look. I can't describe it, but it was different. I noticed it when I was standing at the alter earlier.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"You're staring at me."

"I can't stare at you?" Kai smirked.

"No. I mean---Never mind."

Kai chuckles and he rests his hand on my thigh. My heart flutters and I feel a wave a pleasure just fly through me. What was that? I take Kai's hand off my thigh and he looks at me dumbfounded. I'm not that naive, but I know for a fact that I got just now. The rest of the dinner went very well, but I was on edge.

When it was time for dessert, everyone was free to go on about their business, since the ceremony had been pretty late. I was eating a piece of wedding cake, and was talking to Chen before I decided to call it a night.

"You look like you're going to explode." Chen said to me.

"Really? How could you tell?"

"You're really jittery, and you keep looking over your shoulder. Are you okay?"

"I can't tell you."

"Is it a girl thing? Come on, Tiana. I already know."

I look at Chen terrified and he smirks. "You're , aren't you?" He grinned.

"I want to punch you in your face." I said angrily.

"Relax. It happens to the best of us. Plus, Kai hasn't stopped staring at you since the ceremony ended. Don't think I didn't notice."

"I'm afraid to be alone with him right now. He just touched me and boom! I'm . That's never happened before."

"Your is pretty intense. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't done anything with you yet."

"He says it's too dangerous."

"Oh yeah." Chen agreed.

"What am I going to do? I'm sure Alice is going to spend time with Luhan and I want to spend time with Kai, but I'm scared." I admitted.

"You're thinking too much about it. Just, don't be intimate." Easier said than done. "Okay. I'm going to go to bed. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Sleep well."

"You too."

I walk out of the ballroom and start to head upstairs. "Tiana," I feel my heart stop then speed up again. I turn around and see Kai standing as the bottom of the stairs.

"Where are you going?" He asked me.

"To bed."

"Without me?" He grinned. I turn around and start walking up the stairs. "Tiana? Tiana, wait." I hear Kai coming up behind me and once I get to the top of the stairs, he catches my wrist.

"I was just kidding." He chuckles. I kind of laugh, but stop. "Are you okay? I feel like you're avoiding me."

"Why would you think that?" I asked.

"Well, you practically ran up the stairs to get away from me."

"Sorry. I'm just---" "Just what?" He asked.

"Nothing. I just want to turn in for the night."

"Hang out with me for a while. The night's still young."

I think about it for a moment. I hadn't seen Kai or been alone with him for a few days. Maybe I'm just overthinking it like Chen said.

"Okay."

"Really? Come on, let's go." Kai leads me down the hallway to his room. We get to his room and he lets me inside first.

"What was it like walking down the aisle during the ceremony?" Kai asked me unexpectedly.

"I was more focused on not falling. Luckily, I didn't. Other than that, it was just walking, but in a magical way, if that makes any sense."

"Yeah. It makes sense." He said as he sat down on the foot of his bed.

I stand there awkwardly and towards the window and look outside.

"It's a nice view. A lot better than---" I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist and Kai rests his head on my shoulder.

"I missed you." He whispered in my ear.

"I missed you too." I admitted.

Kai turns me around, so I'm facing him and he takes both of my hands. He walks backwards, until the back of his knees hit the side of his bed and he sits down. Kai pats his lap, which was a motion for me to sit down. I sit down on his lap, but not straddling him. Both of my legs are draped over his legs, and my back isn't resting against anything.

I go to take my shoes off and Kai beats me to it. "Let me." He said.

Kai takes off my heels, one at a time, and puts them neatly beside his bed.

"Thanks."

"Don't mention it." He smirks.

We sit there in silence for a moment. Kai takes my hand and intertwines our fingers together. "Your hand is so much larger than mine." I said out of the blue.

"You could say that." Kai chuckles.

Kai stands up, with me in his arms and put me down, so I was standing. Great, now I'm even shorter without my heels. I reach for my heels, Kai stops me.

"Remember, I like you short." He smiled.

I blush and walk back towards him. He takes my hand and places the other hand on my waist. "May I have this dance?" He said.

"Sure." Kai and I dance around the room, without music and for some reason it just makes me feel safe. All that anxiety I had from being alone with him, just went out the window. Kai twirls me around, then dips me, unexpectedly. He brings me back up and I'm flushed against him.

I pull away and look at the time. It was starting to get late and I wanted to get a good night sleep. "I should probably go." I said.

"Don't go." Kai said as he caught my wrist.

"I have to---"

"Stay with me tonight. Please?" Kai begged.

"Even if I did stay, I don't have anything to wear."

Kai takes off his blazer and then he starts ing his shirt.

"What are you doing?" I said somewhat alarmed.

"You can wear my shirt. Stay. Please."

"Kai, I don't think that's a---"

"Please?" Kai pleaded.

I looked at Kai and he looked back at me. He really wants me to stay and I want to stay, I just don't think I should, with the whole mate situation.

"I'll stay." I said. Kai takes off his shirt and hands it to me. He's standing in front on me shirtless and I feel my cheeks heat up immensely.

"Uh, I'm going to go change." I said shyly. I turn my back to Kai and walk into his bathroom. I have my back up against the door and my heart is beating really fast. Am I sure about this?