Chapter Six

Until We Met Under the Moon

I couldn't focus on ANYTHING. As soon as I got home from the party, I was ready to do some work, but something else was totally on my mind. Kai. Kai was on my mind as soon as I stepped foot into my car. From us dancing together, to him almost kissing me, and then him actually kissing my cheek, I just couldn't concentrate. 

I then remember something specifically. "What are you doing to me?" Kai said to me. What did that mean? I think it's more of what is HE doing to ME. "I'm not getting any work done, so I'm going to bed." I said to myself. I get into bed and I see my phone light up. I glance at it and see a text message from Kai. "Speak of the devil." I murmured. 

Kai: Did you get home okay?

He was worried about me? I feel my cheeks heat up and hug the stuffed animal I had on my bed. I should text him back. 

Tiana: Yeah I did. Thanks for checking on me.

That seems so lame. Maybe he won't see it until tomorrow. I instantly get a text back. 

Kai: No problem. Did you get a chance to work on anything?

Tiana: A little bit, but I'm too tired.

Okay, so I lied. I couldn't work on anything because Kai has been on my mind all night. 

Kai: Oh. Well at least you did a little bit of work, right?

Tiana: Yeah.

This conversation is going nowhere. I should just end it now. Before I even start typing my text to say good night to Kai, he sends me one first.

Kai: I really had a great time with you tonight. Despite the fact that you had to leave. 

Tiana: Me too. Sorry that I had to leave so suddenly. 

Kai: I wish you stayed. 

I feel my heart beat even faster and my cheeks get even warmer. Does he mean that? 

Tiana: I would've, but parties aren't my thing.

Kai: I know. Maybe you could come over some time? Watch a movie or something.

Is he asking me out, via text message. "You got to me kidding me." I said out loud. But when I think about it, the way Kai was he seemed more like the shy type than what he showed everyone else. I saw something different when we were alone. 

Tiana: Sure. That sounds like fun, but with our dance show coming up, it probably won't happen until the show is over.

Kai: That's fine. As long as I get to hang out with you. 

What do I say now? I pretty much agreed to go on a date with Kai, but I don't know what else to say. Maybe I should just avoid him, like I did when I sort of met him the first time. That's stupid. I couldn't do that, especially to Kai. I just couldn't. 

Maybe I could invite him over to study or something. Or maybe I should just end the conversation because I honestly don't know what to say. When I'm about to text Kai good night, AGAIN, he sent me another text message.

Kai: Do you enjoy dancing?

Tiana: What do you mean?

Kai: Do you love it more than anything else in the world?

Tiana: I guess so. I mean I like a lot of things, but if you put it that way I must. Do you enjoy dancing?

Kai: I wish I chose it over football.

Tiana: Why didn't you?

Kai: It's complicated. Don't get me wrong, I love football, it's just sometimes I don't feel like I'm enjoying the game for myself. Do you know what I mean?

Tiana: Yeah I do, actually. 

Kai: Really? I never actually told this to anyone. Well, except D.O and Suho. 

Tiana: Well, when the season is over you can come to our dance practices, if you'd like.

Kai: Really? 

Tiana: Yeah. I mean why not?

Kai: Does this mean I'd get to see you more often?

Tiana: Pretty much. 

Kai: Then I might take you up on that offer ;)

Tiana: Okay. And listen, if you ever want to just talk, I'm willing to listen. Seriously.

Kai: Good to know. You're very easy to talk to. 

I wish I could say the same, but I guess I was able to after the game. I think I just need to be around Kai more and I'll warm up to him, although I am pretty friendly with people anyway. 

Kai: I guess I'll let you go. Can I text you tomorrow?

Tiana: Yeah. I'm free before 6 tomorrow. 

Kai: Cool, I'll keep that in mind.

Tiana: I'll talk to you later then. 

Kai: I look forward to it. Have sweet dreams.

Tiana: I will. You have pleasant dreams. 

Kai: I will. 

I was able to have a conversation with Kai, via text message. I think I can do this. Wait, do what? "I need to sleep." I said to myself as I laid down and closed my eyes, then drifted into slumber.

Suho's POV~

"He sure looks happy." Chen said as we watched Kai go upstairs to his room. "I'm guessing him and Tiana hit it off?" Lay asked. "Maybe. She did leave in a hurry though." "What?" We turn and look at Alice, who was still here. "She left?" "Yeah." "She was my ride." 

"She sent us a text saying she went home." Nalani said. "I can take you home." Luhan said to her. "You don't mind?" She asked shyly. "Not at all. I wanted to get some fresh air anyway." "Okay." She blushed. She goes upstairs to grab her stuff and we all look at Luhan.

"What?" "You LIKE her." Tao smirked. "Yeah, so what?" "So you're admitting it!" Sehun exclaimed. "Yeah. She's different." Luhan smiled. "Different as in, 'she's your mate different'?" "I think so." Luhan said bashfully. Alice comes back downstairs and Luhan walks her out.

"Who would've thought that all of your friends would end up being mates with at least one of us." D.O said to Nalani. "I know. I mean I don't know how they're going to react when they 'reveal' themselves to them." Nalani observed.

"What do you mean? You were cool when I told you." Kris said to her. "Yeah, but we don't know if they'll have the same reaction like I did. Alice, maybe, but Tiana she's so innocent and always keeps to herself. Maybe with her being Kai's mate, she'll open up, but I'm not too sure." Nalani explained. 

"Does she like Kai?" D.O asked. "Oh yeah. She felt that pull. I know she did. She just can't come to terms with it yet. She has a really hard time explaining her feelings." She added on. "Suho, you talk to her the most, what do you think?" Kris asked. 

"I think she'd warm up to us being werewolves. She seems open to anything. At least, that's the vibe I'm getting from her." I stated. "You like her, don't you?" Xiumin blurted out. "Of course I do. How could I---" "No. You LIKE her. As in, you wish she was your mate." Xiumin continued. 

Everyone turns and looks at me wide eyed. "Is that true?" Lay said. Is that true? Do I like, Tiana?