Chapter Twenty Four

Until We Met Under the Moon

It has been a couple weeks since I was told about Kai's wolf self. I was taking everything by day. Although I am comfortable with everything, it still seems, weird. Weeks ago, I didn't even know Kai was part wolf, but now I see him shift whenever he and his brothers decide to go for a run after a long day in classes.

Suho has been acting VERY strange lately. Ever since Jackson told me that Suho was in love with me, I could kind of see it now. I had to cancel our study session together because I was afraid that he'd come on to me. And since Kai could smell anyone's scent on me, I just didn't want to risk that. Plus, Kai's still mad at Suho for my cheek when I had learned about their secret.

Those two don't seem to be on the best of terms lately. I, however, have gotten very close to Baekhyun and D.O. D.O, or rather Kyungsoo, and I have a lot in common. And Baekhyun and I just seemed to click when I had come over for pizza one day and he was watching a movie that I really liked, and we laughed at the same jokes, we really connected.

He also came clean to me about when I first met him in wolf form, before Kai and I became official. He can be a little loud sometimes, so I have to take a break from him every once and a while. Don't get me wrong, I was getting close to everyone, but those two especially, as well as Chen and Lay, were the people that I was closest to.

With finals not too far away and winter break on the horizon, I didn't realize until I was hanging out with all of the guys that I'd be away from them for a few weeks. I mean it shouldn't be hard, since I didn't know that they even existed before, right? I shouldn't be thinking so much about this. I need to stay focused. It was a couple days before the weekend and I was helping Kai study.

He NEEDED all the help he could get. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo came over too, so Kai wouldn't be tempted to try to slack off or trying to get me into an intense make out session. Let me tell you, they're INTENSE. Kai's wolf instinct is so dominant and passionate, I literally have to pull myself away in order for him to stop. It's really hard.

I was getting ready for the guys to show up when I hear a knock on my door. I go to the door, open it and see Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Kai standing at the door. "Hey Tiana," Baekhyun said with a huge smile.

"Hey Baekhyun. Hi D.O"

"Hey."

Those two stroll inside and Kai leans up on the door frame smirking at me. "Hey you," Kai said as he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me close.

"Hey." I said shyly.

Kai leans down and kisses me, briefly, but doesn't stray away just in case he wants to kiss me again. "Are you ready to study?"

"I don't want to. I wanted to hang out."

"You were complaining about how you weren't passing History 101, so I offered to help you."

"But why did you invite Kyungsoo, and Baekhyun?"

"Because if it was just you and me, we wouldn't get any work done and you know it."

"I hate that you're right, but it is what it is and you're my best bet to pass."

"Damn right. Come on, let's not keep those two waiting."

"Are you two done making out yet? Some people have lives too!" Baekhyun complained.

"Oh hush, we're coming." I said as I walked into the living room and Kai followed after me. We settle in the living room and we start the study session. I didn't want to over work Kai in learning the things he needed to learn, so I created a timeline and had filled in different events and Kai has to figure out what other event goes in-between that event.

I thought it was pretty clever, if I do say so myself. We worked on it for about an hour and a half. Luckily, Kai was able to make good progress, so I decided to end early. "Okay. I think we'll stop here for today. Baekhyun, Kyungsoo thanks for helping." I said.

"It was our pleasure." Kyungsoo said.

"When are you coming over for Mario Kart? I need to beat you." Baekhyun said to me. "Probably not for a while. Don't you need to study for finals?"

"Yeah, but I need to play video games once and a while. Chanyeol cheats too much. And Chen, don't even get me started." He said as he rolled his eyes.

I giggle and walk them out. I walk back into the living room and I see Kai looking at his notes still. "You don't have to keep studying, Kai. I don't want to override your brain."

Kai looked up at me and he closed his book. "I don't know how you did it, but I know everything that I need to know."

"I think you always knew what you needed to know. You were just being lazy." I said with a smirk.

"Okay, maybe I was. You're the best tutor anyone could ask for."

I blush and look down at my hands. "I was just trying to help."

We sat there in silence momentarily. I glance at Kai's notebook and saw a different name on his papers. "Kai, what's this?" "Hmm?"

I point to the name on his paper and he blushes. "That's my actual name. Kim Jongin."

"How come you don't go by Jongin?"

"I do. It's just on the football team, they gave me a nickname and it kind of stuck, so I've just been going by Kai."

"Would you prefer, if I called you Jongin, instead of Kai?"

"It doesn't really matter. I answer either way."

"You sure?"

"Positive." He said with a small smile. "Hey, can we talk?"

"About what? Is it History 101 related?"

"No. It's wolf related."

"Oh. Uh, sure. Is it about the mate thing?"

"Yes. I know I said that I'd give you some time, but I feel like you need to know."

"Okay." I sputtered.

"You already know about the whole 'you'll be with me the rest of my life' thing, but there is more to it." 

"Okay." I acknowledged so he could continue.

"Although it is already set in stone that you're my mate, we still have to go through something."

"And what's that?"

"It's a ceremony. We would have sort of like a wedding ceremony, well not really but we say some things and then after that's over, I claim you."

"And when you claim me, what exactly does that mean?" I asked.

"Well, it's really intimate, so no one would know until the next day." Kai said as he started to blush.

"Intimate, what does--Oh my god." I look at Kai and I feel my cheeks heat up immensely. I have to have with Kai in order for him to claim me. This is too much.

"Okay. I think I understand now." I said shyly. "Has anyone else had the ceremony?"

"Kris and Nalani are going to have one before we all go home for break. You can see how it's run so you have a better understanding of what I'm trying to explain."

That sounds like a good idea. That way I know what I'm getting myself into.

"There's something else." "What is it?" I asked.

"We should probably lay off making out for a while."

"How come?"

"Well, although you're my mate, my affection towards you is so strong, I could claim you without having the ceremony and I could really hurt you and I don't want that."

"That's going to be hard for you." I said.

"I know. But, my heat is so out of control, I don't want to hurt you because of my stupidity." Kai explained.

"Okay. I understand that." Kai sighs with relief then leans in and kisses me briefly. "Can I stay for a while? I don't have my car." Kai asked.

"I could drive you home."

"I don't want to burden you."

"You do a lot for me. I don't mind driving you home." I said honestly. "Okay. Only because you offered." Kai smirked. I rolled my eyes, but then smiled.

Kai and I hung out for a while longer until I drove him home. When we reach his house, I see everyone running around aimlessly.

"What's going on?" Kai said as he got out of the car and I did the same. "Suho's missing. I've been calling him all night, but I can't reach him." Lay said.

"Did he go for a run?" I asked.

"He could of. Some of us should look for him." Xiumin said.

"I'll go." Kai said. "Me too." Chen said.

"Tao and I will go too." Sehun said.

"Can I come?" I asked surprisingly.

"It's late, Tiana--"

"I want to go. Maybe I could help in some way." I said confidently.

Kai smiles a small smile and kisses my temple. "We have a Jeep in the garage, she can take that. I'll go with her." Kai said.

"Let's go." Kai and I get in the Jeep, while Chen, Sehun, and Tao shift into their wolf forms and started running into the forest. Kai and I drive in comfortable silence and keep up with the others. We drive for about ten minutes when Sehun stops. Tao and Chen do the same and the look around the area.

"What's wrong? Did they find him?" I asked Kai.

"Yeah. He's around." Kai looks uncertain. "You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. Actually no. Suho wants to talk to you." He said as he gripped the steering wheel.

"What? Why?" I said surprised.

"He won't say. I'll walk with you, but he told me to keep my distance when you get to him." "Okay?" I get out the car and Chen comes up to us.

"I may need you for back up. Come with us." Kai said to Chen and he started walking forward as Kai and I followed. What could Suho possibly want to talk to me about? Is it because I've been giving him the cold shoulder lately? I mean we had been so close, but ever since Kai and I made it official, I had kind of pushed him to the curb, especially since we got along so well.

"He's just up ahead. Call for me and I'll be there in a heartbeat." Kai said.

I continue walking and Chen walks with me up until a certain point. Suho appears before us and he looks completely fine. "Tiana, you came." He said with a small smile.

"Are you okay? Everyone was so worried about you." I asked.

"I just wanted sometime to myself. I needed to reflect on some things."

"Like what?"

"You, mostly."

"What do you mean?"

"Come now Tiana, deep down you have to know. My feelings towards you." Oh yeah. How could I forget about that? It was on the back of my mind since Jackson told me.

"I thought, maybe I'd have a chance with you. When I first laid eyes on you, I wanted you to be mine. But then Kai won you over. You're his mate, and I had to accept it. I love the fact you accepted our other halves and are coming to terms with everything, but I miss us. I miss the times we would spend together. Deep down, I thought for sure that you were my mate, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be." He said. Suho just laid his heart out to me. I honestly don't know what to do.

"Suho," "Junmyeon." "Huh?" "That's my actual name. I'm sure Kai told you his actual name."

"Yeah, he did."

Suho smiled a small smile. "Tiana,"

"Hmm." I looked up at him and suddenly he's in front on me. When did he get so close? I take a step back, but then he wraps an arm around my waist pulling me into his chest.

"Suho, what are you---"

I suddenly feel a pair of lips on top of my own and my eyes are open wide from shock. Suho pulls away and looks into my eyes.

"I love you, Tiana."