Chapter Fourteen

Until We Met Under the Moon

Someone catches me and look up to see yellow. It must be Kai who caught me. My vision is really hazy and my breathing is really ragged.

"Tiana, breathe." Kai said in a hushed voice. My vision becomes a little clearer and Kai's looking down at me with worried eyes. "Kai," I whispered. "I'm right here. Focus on your breathing, okay?" He said to me. I nod my head and continued to try to breath normally.

My heart wasn't frantically beating and I was able to slowly come back to reality. "You did great." Kai whispered to me. I looked up at him and he has a small smile on his face.

"Do you need anything?" He asked me.

"No. I don't think so. Where am I?" "At the park. Do you remember coming to the park?"

"Yeah. You were about to take me home, right?"

"Yes." I see another body and it's Suho. "Can you help me take her home?" Kai asked. "Yeah." Kai hands Suho his car keys and Kai lifts me up in his arms. "You okay?" He asked me. "Yeah." We walk to Kai's car and he slides into the car with me still in his arms.

I fall asleep in his chest and the last thing I remember was Kai saying, "I'll protect you, I promise."

Meanwhile

Kai held Tiana in his arms on the way back to her apartment. Nalani, and Kris met them back, while Chen, Sehun, and Tao went home. While Kai and Tiana were sitting in the back seat, Suho kept looking back at Kai.

"What?" Kai snarled.

"You know you were supposed to stay away from her." Suho said.

"I don't want to talk about that now. I don't want to startle her." Kai said as he looked down at a sleeping Tiana and a small smile played on his lips. "What if you claimed her, Kai? Do you not know how serious this is?" Suho said.

"I do know. I cannot stay away from Tiana. I physically cannot do it. She needs me." "She needs you or you need her?" Suho asked. "I don't know. I wanted to see her. She keeps me sane. The entire time I was with her, I didn't feel the need to claim her."

"That's odd." "Is it?" Kai said as he finally looked up at Suho from watching over Tiana. 

"You love her, don't you?" Suho asked. "What?" Kai said surprised. "You love Tiana." "I mean I care about her. I never want to leave her side.I want her to be safe." Kai looked down at Tiana again and he gently caressed her cheek.

"Are you sure that it's not just my wolf form telling me to mate?" "It's that and it's your actual feelings towards her. The more time you spend time with her, the more your feelings get stronger. When you actually claim her, you'll be inseparable."

"I'd love that."

"You would. But you---"

"No. I won't stay away from her. I can control myself."

Suho dropped the conversation and they had arrived back at Tiana's apartment. Nalani and Kris had met up with them and were able to put Tiana in bed. As everyone was leaving, Kai wasn't going anywhere. "Kai," "I'm not leaving her." He said.

"Let him stay." Nalani said. "Fine." Suho, Kris, and Nalani walk out into the living room and leave Kai alone with Tiana, so he could watch over her.

Back to Tiana's Point of View

I feel embraced in something when I suddenly come to. I check the time and I see that it's 8:45AM. Wait, when did I get home? I hear a rustle of my blanket and I turn to see Kai sleeping beside me. Was he here with me the entire night? I feel my cheeks heat up and look back down at him.

He looks so peaceful sleeping there beside me. His blonde hair is even more disheveled than it was last night. His jacket was on the back of my desk chair and everything else was still on him. I bet he was uncomfortable wearing all of that while he was sleeping. I gently, but hesitantly run my fingers through his hair and he starts to stir. Crap. I didn't mean to wake him.

Kai blinks a couple times until his eyes suddenly land on me. "I didn't mean to wake you up." I whispered. "It's all right." He said in a raspy, tired voice. I think I just died a little inside. "Did you stay here, all night?" "Of course I did. I wanted to make sure you were okay." Kai said as he sat up a little bit.

"Thank you. For last night. I didn't think that would happen, but---"

"Tiana. It's okay. It was no problem at all." Kai said with a small smile.

"I have to thank you some how." "Tiana, seriously. It's fine." Kai sits up and runs his fingers through his hair and looks back down at me.

"You know, it's rude to stare." Kai smirked.

"Sorry. It's not every day you wake up and a guy is sleeping next to you."

"You're saying you've done this before?" Kai asked.

"No. God, no. I always sleep alone."

"Except last night."

"But I didn't know you were going to be sleeping over." "I wanted to keep an eye on you, so I stayed over. I wasn't going to sleep, but sleep is important and a part of a healthy lifestyle."

"But I thought we were supposed to stay away from each other?" I asked. "That's not going to happen. I can't stay away from you Tiana. I just can't."

"I don't even know why I had to stay away from you in the first place. I mean Nalani said that you had stuff going on, but she never really explained why. Especially since we both started talking to each other again."

"I know. It's complicated." I shouldn't ask him about this anymore, especially since I keep getting the same answer.

"I think you should go."

"Tiana," "I mean it Kai. I was supposed to stay away from you last night and we got busted. I'm surprised you're still here with me in the room, to be honest."

"I wasn't going to leave you after you had an anxiety attack. I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"And I thank you for that, but what we did---They looked really upset about it."

"Let me convince you to let me stay."

"I'm sorry, but---" "Let me take you breakfast."

"What?"

"Let's go out. My treat. In fact, it's a date. What do you say?" A date? With Kai? I don't know. I look at Kai and he has a hopeful look in his eye. I did want to repay him for watching over me last night. I guess a breakfast date wouldn't hurt anyone.

"Fine." "Yes!" "But---" "Oh." "Nalani, Kris, and Suho have to come to." "But---Fine. But you're sitting next to me." "Of course." We all get ready and head out to one of the restaurants not too far from campus. Chen happened to come along as well because Suho didn't want to seem like the third wheel with Kris and Nalani.

We get separated since we were a large party and Kai was probably willing to do anything to make sure that the other four weren't anywhere involved with our date. "What are you going to get?" "I don't know. Whatever sticks out. But then again, I usually get the same thing all the time."

"Which is?"

"Eggs, bacon, hash browns, or just a Belgian waffle. What about you?"

"Whatever I'm hungry for I guess." "You'll just eat anything then?" "Pretty much. I'm glad you decided to come with me." Kai said.

"Well, I wasn't going to come if the others didn't know or came along, but I guess that backfired since we're alone now anyway."

"Yeah. But we haven't really hung out together since I came over."

"Yeah. I won't be able to see you during the day time since dance practice is today and the rest of this week." "You want to see me?" Kai smirked.

That cheeky bastard.

"Yes. But, my dance show is important."

"I understand. I just wish I could see you more."

"I know." "I really want to kiss you again." Kai murmured. Kai hesitantly looks up at me and holds eye contact with me for like ten seconds.

I feel my cheeks heat up and I look down at the placemat on the table. "Hey," Kai lifts my chin, so I'm looking at him. "How are you both doing this morning?" I hear a voice ask. I turn and see a guy our age standing at the end of our table.

"We're doing well. How about yourself?"

"I'm great actually. Are you ready to order?"

"Uh, yeah. Kai, are you ready?"

"Yeah." He said while giving this guy a look.

"What would you like?" He asked me.

"Uh, can I have a Belgian waffle with a side of bacon and sausage?"

"Absolutely. And what would you like to drink?" "Lemonade. Please."

"What about you man? What can I get you?"

"I'll have the same, only add a side of eggs as well and I'll have an orange juice."

"All right. I'll be right back with your drinks." "Thank you." I said.

I look at Kai and he has a very weird look on his face. "Kai, are you okay?"

"What?"

"You were staring at that guy. Do you know him?"

"No."

What's up with him? I've never seen him like that before. Our waiter came back with our drinks and we were once again alone, but in silence. "Do you guys have anymore games this season?" Kai looks at me and he relaxes.

"Yeah. We have another home game and a couple away games and we're done."

"Are you guys going to the playoffs?"

"Sadly, no. If we didn't do so poorly earlier in the season, probably. We just started winning a couple of weeks ago."

"Maybe next year?" I said hopefully.

"Yeah. Maybe."

"How are you guys doing over here?" Our waiter said as he came back.

"We're fine." Kai said with a very dark tone.

"So, hey" I turned to the waiter and he's looking at me.

"Yeah?"

"You're on the dance team, aren't you?"

"Yeah."

"You have some sick moves. I'll saw you guys at halftime a few weeks ago."

"Oh. Thank you." I said with a small smile. "Listen, if you aren't doing anything next weekend, would you---"

"Sorry pal, but she's taken." Kai said as he glared at him.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, so why don't you do us a favor and beat it." Kai threatened.

"Hmph." our waiter said as he smirked, but then walked back into the kitchen. Okay. I hesitantly looked at Kai and he looks pissed.

"Kai," I gently take his hand and he engulfs mine in his own. "Hey," I said softly.

Kai looks at me with fury still in his eyes, but they slowly start to soften. I smile a small smile at him and squeeze his hand.

"It's okay."

"No it's not. I didn't like the way he was looking at you. And he knew damn well that we were together. ."

I've never seen Kai like this. Or have I?

Wait a minute. It's Suho all over again, only it's our waiter. He's jealous. Not only that, but I think if Kai sees our waiter again, he might hurt him.

"Excuse me." I say to a passing waitress.

"Yes?"

"Is it possible that we get out meal to go?" I asked.

"Uh, sure. Let me get your check and I'll do that for you."

"Thank you."

"No problem." The waitress gives us new drinks in take away cups, puts our food in boxes and rings us up.

"Here you go. Enjoy your breakfast." She said to us.

"Thank you." I said as Kai and I walk out the restaurant. I know I'm probably being a hypocrite about being with Kai and asking to have someone chaperoning us, but I didn't want Kai to be pissed off because some guy was looking at me. We get to Kai's car and I start to get in the car, until Kai stopped me.

"What?"

"Why did you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Get our food to go? You wanted---"

"I know, but I didn't want you to be upset the entire time just because of some guy I'll probably never see again. You wanted to go on a date with me and---"

Kai lifted my chin and looked me dead in the eye and said, "You're perfect."

"I'm not perfect."

"In my eyes you are." I smile a shy smile and look down.

"Come on, let's go have a picnic." Kai and I get in his car and head out to some tables outside of my apartment complex. Breakfast happened to go ten times smoother since we had left the restaurant and we were being chaperoned.

"This was really nice." I said as I looked at Kai and smiled. "I agree. I love being with you." Kai said.

"Me too." I admitted. Kai looked me and had this look on his face. "What?" I smiled. "I want to show you something."

"What is it?" "It's a surprise." Kai gets up and he has his hand out to me. "Do you trust me?" "I trust you."