Chapter Twenty Six

Until We Met Under the Moon

I woke up the next morning pretty rejuvenated. I guess I'm just really excited to see Kai again and actually spend the entire day with him. "I love you." Ran through my ears as I remembered Kai and I confessing to one another. I love Kai. And he loves me. I blush at the thought. I get out of bed and got ready for the day.

I had my breakfast date with Kai this morning, then he had something planned for us for the rest of the day. I was completely in the dark for today's events. I stood in front of my closet trying to figure out what to wear. Since it was late November, it would be wise to wear pants or leggings, but I want to look good for Kai.

But then again, I don't want to seem like I'm trying so hard. I ended up wearing a nice top, leggings, fluffy socks, combat boots, and a nice jacket to wear, if we so happen to go outside. I wore a little bit of make up, mainly eye shadow, eyeliner, and mascara and had my hair up in a ballet bun.It was 10:55AM, when Kai had sent me a text telling me that he was outside waiting for me. I check myself out in the mirror and I head outside.

I get outside and I see Kai leaning on his car. His blonde hair is parted to the side and it looks so smooth. He wore a white T-shirt, black jeans, and this beige jean jacket, which brought out his pretty bronzed skin tone more than usual. "Hey," I said shyly as I'm a few feet away from him. Kai looks up and he spots me and his eyes literally sparkle.

"Hey, you." He said with a smile. "You look cute." He added on.

"Thanks. I wasn't sure how to dress." I admitted.

"You look great nonetheless."

Kai took my hand and pulled me towards him. I feel his arm wrap around my waist and he caresses my face. He leans in and kisses me, in public. I try pulling away, but Kai had tightened his hold on me and he even deepened the kiss. "Hey! Get a room!" Someone yells.

I pull away and I have a deep blush on my cheeks. Kai chuckles and pulls me close again. He looks down at me and I'm looking up at him and he says, "Are you ready?"

"As I'll ever be." Kai opens the car door for me and I say, "Thanks." "Don't mention it." He smirked. We then made our way to breakfast. We head to a diner that wasn't too far from campus and was very popular among the students and locals in town.

"So, how was your night, after you left my house?" Kai asked me as he sipped some of his coffee.

"It was fine. Nalani and Alice had been awake still, so I hung out with them until I felt like going to bed. What about you?"

"You know me. Just doing whatever. I still can't get over yesterday. You confessed your undying love to me and I'm on Cloud 9." Kai smirked.

"I was pretty ecstatic when I woke up this morning. Reliving my confession to you." I blushed. 

"The guys were practically teasing me after you left. I can't help but be happy that my girlfriend--no, my mate loves me." Kai said as he gazed at me.

"I honestly don't know what to say." I said flustered.

"I do. I love you." Kai said as he took my hand and kissed my knuckles. Am I ing lucky or what?

"I love you too." I said shyly. Kai chuckles, but smiles wholeheartedly. I don't remember the last time I had ever felt this happy. Ever since Kai came into my life, it's been pretty interesting. Besides the fact that he and his brothers are part wolf, but the fact that they've welcomed me, almost like a sister. I didn't really have that back at home. Well, I did, but it's kind of hard when your brother is younger than you.

Having 11 boys looking after you felt pretty nice. "What are you daydreaming about over there?" Kai said to me getting my attention.

"Nothing. Just lost in my thoughts." I said with a small smile. I took a sip of my juice and then said, "So, what do you have planned for us today?"

"I can't tell you. It's a surprise." Kai smirked.

"Come on! You have to tell me."

"I can't. I was told, not to."

"Meanie." I said as I poured and started sipping my juice in anger.

"Tiana, I want everything to be perfect, so stop doing that adorable pouty face or I'll have to tickle you in front of all of these people." Kai said. My cheeks feel extremely flushed, but I stop pouting and try not to suddenly bust out laughing. Kai's funny without even realizing that he's funny, if that makes any sense.  We finished our breakfast part of the date without a hitch and we were on our way to our next adventure.

"Are you sure you can't give me a hint of what we're doing today?"

Kai sighs and says, "There are some things I know and there are some things that I'm in the dark about."

"I guess that's all I'm going to get huh?"

"Pretty much."

I pout, but then remembered Kai's threat when we were in the restaurant earlier and just stay quiet. We drive a few miles away from campus and we reach a recreational center. I don't say anything and just follow Kai inside. We walk towards the back of the building and I suddenly feel cold. I see a glass window and peak inside the window and see an ice skating rink. I didn't know this town even had an ice skating rink.

"Are you up for some ice skating?" Kai said as he grabbed a pair of skates. "Uh---"

"It'll be fun."

"I'm sure it will, but the last time I went ice skating, I couldn't do it and I felt stupid."

"You won't feel stupid because I can't skate either." Kai smirked.

"That's how people get hurt."

"Come on Tiana! Live a little!"

"But---"

"I'll be with you the entire time. Plus, we don't have to do it for a long time. We have other things to do."

I contemplated a little bit, but Kai was giving me this puppy dog look and normally I would ignore it, but since we are on a date and I don't want to ruin it, I decided to play along and go ice skating.

"Fine. But the second I fall, I'm done."

"I won't let you fall. Not on my watch."

"Okay. I trust you." I said with a small smile.

Kai and I laced up our skates and we headed out onto the ice. I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous. I know Kai said that he would be there if I so happened to fall, but what if he fell? Or what if someone bumped into us and we both fell? I had so much anxiety about this whole thing that I could possibly have an anxiety attack and I don't want that to happen while I'm on this date with Kai.

I got onto the ice and I just stayed really close to the wall. When I felt more comfortable, I was a few feet away from the wall. Kai skates up to me and I say, "I thought you didn't skate?"

"I don't, but when I went around a couple times, I got the hang of it, so I could help you." He said as he took my hand, so we were skating side by side.

"Kai, I'm not so sure about this."

"Trust me. I promise nothing will happen to you. Okay?"

"Okay." Kai and I skated with each other, side by side for about a half and hour. It was actually pretty fun. I think it helped that not many people were there in the middle of a Sunday afternoon. Apparently, the place would be crowded in the evening, so we lucked out. After we had our fair share of skating, we headed out.

"That was a lot of fun." I admitted.

"See? I told you that you were going to have a great time." Kai smiled.

"I just tried not being so anxious about falling and it seemed to work." I said honestly.

Kai smiles a small smile and brings my hand up to his lips. He kisses me knuckles and looks into my eyes. "You trusted me." "Why wouldn't I?" I said.

Kai smirks, but then leads me to his car. "So, where to next?" I asked.

"It's a surprise, my princess. I can't tell you."

"Fine." I sighed.

Kai and I get back into his car and we drive downtown. Since the town near our school seemed like a typical small town you'd see in the movies, it was pretty common to see all walks of life walking around during the day. It made our life seem so normal. As I'm looking out the window, contemplating about life, I don't even realize that Kai stopped the car.

I look out the window and see a cute cafe. I get out the car and Kai's waiting for me at the entrance. We both walk inside and inside the cafe, we see a familiar face.

"Xiumin?" I said surprised. Xiumin looks up and smiles at us. "Hey! Glad you guys could make it." He said with a smile.

"You work here?" I asked. "Yeah. I love coffee." He admitted. I couldn't help but giggle from his confession.

"Xiumin is going to teach us how to make a cup of cappuccino." "From scratch." Xiumin added.

"That's different. I can't wait." I admitted.

"Then let's get started." Xiumin said. We first learned how to grind our own coffee beans, which was pretty cool. Then he taught us how to use the cappuccino machine in order to make the cappuccino. I usually don't drink elaborate coffee, unless I'm feeling bold or just want something different, but this was a pretty cool experience. And I got to learn a little more about Xiumin. I never saw him as often than most of the brothers.

"Xiumin, I don't know what to say. This was a lot of fun." I admitted.

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Your boyfriend came up with the idea." Xiumin smirked.

"You did?" I said as I looked at Kai. "I wanted to do something different." He blushed.

He did so much just to impress me, when I thought I needed to impress him. I really don't deserve him. He does so much for me. "Could you guys give me a second?" I said as I got up and walked outside.

"Tiana," I turn around and see Kai behind me.

"Are you all right?" He asked me.

"I'm feeling a little overwhelmed." I said honestly.

"Why?" He said as he took a step towards me.

"You planned this entire day. For me. I don't feel like I---"

"You deserve this. I planned this date out because I believe that you deserve nothing but the best. In my eyes, you're special, to me. You're really important to me and I wanted to show how I felt." Kai said.

"You---I'm important to you?" I said surprised.

"Yes. I love you, Tiana. Don't you see that?" Kai said as he stepped closer to me and he took my hand.

"Of course. But you know how I am with my feelings and all." I said shyly.

"I know. And I know that you love me too. You said so yourself."

"Yeah. I did." I blushed.

"Can't we finish our date?" Kai suggested.

"Yeah. I'd like that." I smiled.

"Guys! You forgot your cappuccino!" Xiumin said as he handed us our cups with the coffee we made. "Oh. Thanks." I said. "And enjoy the rest of your date." Xiumin smirked.

Kai and I went off to our next location, which was a restaurant for dinner. Our date was going pretty well, before I got overwhelmed, but it still fun none the less. Our dinner portion of the evening was very eventful to say the least. As Kai and I were in deep conversation, something catches my eye and suddenly, I see Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Chen trying to hide from us, but were being very obvious to be seen.

"What's wrong?" Kai asked me.

"I could be losing it, but is that Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Chen over there?" I asked.

Kai turns around and he sighs with disbelief. "Yeah. That's them all right. They're actually here for a reason." Kai said shyly as he called them over.

"Is the lovely couple having a good time?" Baekhyun smirked.

"Yeah." I said honestly.

"Good. Because now we're going to make it even better." Chen smiled.

Chanyeol grabs a guitar and starts playing a few chords. Suddenly, Baekhyun starts singing. "Don't you remember you told me you love me baby~"

"You said you'd be coming back this way again, baby~" Chen sang.

"Baby, baby, baby, baby, oh baby. I love you. I really do." They sang together in unison, while harmonizing and it was beautiful. "You guys are so talented. And you--" I said as I pointed to Chen. "You've been holding out on me. I had no idea you could sing."

"You never asked." Chen smirked.

"I need you to tone down your sass. It is not needed."

"I think it is." Chen grinned.

"Guys, can I finish my date with Tiana? Please? You're ruining my vibe."

"Like you have one." Baekhyun said in a sassy tone.

I whack Baekhyun's arm, while Chen whacks the back of his head. "Don't be rude, jackass." Chen said. 

"He knows I'm just ing with him."

Chanyeol stands up and gives me a smile. "Enjoy the rest of your date. I'm sure it'll be amazing for the rest of the night." He said.

"Thanks Chanyeol." I said with a smile.

"Let's go trouble makers." Chanyeol said as he pulled Baekhyun's arm with Chen following them.

"Chanyeol," I said.

He turns around and looks at me. "Could you teach me how to play the guitar some time?" I asked shyly. "I'd love to." He said with a smile.

"Cool." I smiled. The trio left without a hitch and Kai and I were alone once again. Kai looked a little nervous.

"Did you plan that too?" I asked.

"Um, yeah. They're so extra. I wanted Kyungsoo to do it, but he had a study group."

"Maybe next time?" I said hopefully. "I really enjoyed it." I added on.

"You did?"

"Yeah." I said shyly.

"Good." He smiled bash fully. The rest of the time, we were really nervous with each other. I mean it wasn't like shy nervous, but more like a 'should I make a move' nervous, if that makes sense. After dinner, we headed out and walked through town for a little while. I have this feeling in my gut, but it's a good feeling. I think I just feel so at peace right now. Everything about Kai feels right. I look around town and it's so in the Christmas spirit. You don't see that too often anymore, but it's nice to see.

"Can we make one last stop?" Kai said as he took me out of my train of thought.

"Oh? Sure." Kai took my hand and took me back to his car and we drove somewhere. We then make it back to campus. What are we doing back here? We get out of Kai's car, he takes my hand and we walk across campus. We make it to the university gym and we go into the dance studio.

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

Kai walks backwards, while still holding my hands. "This is my surprise, for you." He turns on the speaker and picks a song. I then hear Usher's voice fill up the room. "One last dance, before I send you home." He said as he pulled me close.

He took my hand and wrapped the other around my waist. We're dancing together. Kai glides me around the room like a professional dancer. "I didn't know you could do ballroom dance?" I said surprised.

"I aim to please, princess." He smirked. I roll my eyes, but I am truly impressed. I knew he could dance, but not like this. Kai twirls me around then dips me. He pulls me back up and we're brushed up against each other. I guess it's a good thing Kai and I have dancing in common. It's nice to have someone loves dancing just as much as I do and suddenly start dancing.

Kai kisses my forehead and looks down at me. "I love you." Kai said.

"And I, you." I said.

Kai smiles and let's me go. "Come, princess. I'll take you home."

"Okay."

Kai and I walk back to my apartment. Kai pulls me to the side and has me up against the wall outside the apartment complex. Kai leans in and he kisses me. He caresses my cheek as he deepened the kiss. I'm clinging to Kai's shirt and he pulled me closer. Kai pulls away and looks down at me. Kai kisses me briefly and then leads me to the main entrance of my apartment building.

"Thank you for the fantastic day." I said with a smile.

"It was my pleasure." Kai smiled.

"I guess I'll see you around." I said as I took out my student ID. I hesitate for a moment and look at Kai. "Do you want to come inside?" I asked shyly.

"I don't think I should."

"How come?"

"I wouldn't be able to control myself around you." Kai admitted.

"We don't have to do anything." I blushed.

"But you want to. And I want to. I don't want to claim you accidentally. It's for our own good." Kai said. 

"Okay. I---that's a reasonable explanation." I grumbled.

"Hey." Kai said as he lifted my chin. "I want to stay, but I need to do the right thing."

"You are. I guess I'm growing on you, huh?"

"I guess so." Kai smiled. He leans in once more and kisses me. "Sleep well, my princess."

"I will. Thanks again for the amazing day."

"My pleasure." Kai smiled. I scan my student ID and walk inside. "Tiana," I stop in the middle of the door and Kai runs his hand through his hair. He walks inside and takes my hand. "What are you doing?" I said surprised.

"I'm staying."

"But, what about all that other stuff you said just now?" 

"I know what I said, but I don't want this night to end just yet."

"Me neither." I admitted. 

"Then I'll stay." Kai said with a smile. 

"Okay." I smiled back.

Kai and I went back up to my apartment and we spent the rest of the night together. It was the perfect day, with the most perfect guy and I couldn't be happier.