Chapter 7 - It’s her birthday

Better with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was hoping the first set of lyrics wasn’t a fluke, but after seeing the second set she sent me and adding them to the music, I text Yoona.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I can’t not tell Yoona about her any longer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: I’m about to send you 2 songs. I don’t even need you to tell me what you think of them, because I know you’ll love them. So let’s move past that, because I need you to solve a dilemma for me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoong: Oh, . I was just kidding about the Taeyeon thing. You didn’t really dump her for inspiration did you?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: I’m being serious. I found a girl who I’m positive was brought to this earth specifically for us.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoong: Sorry, sis. I’m not into that . I mean, maybe if you weren’t my sister, but still.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: Stop with the horse, Yoong. Her lyrics. They’re perfect. And they come so effortlessly to her. I think we need her. I haven’t been able to write songs like these since... well, ever. Her lyrics are perfect, and you need to take a look at them, because I sort of need you to love them and agree to buy them from her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoong: What the hell, Yul? We can’t hire someone to write lyrics for us. She’ll want a percentage of the royalties, and between the 2 of us and the girls in the band, it won’t be worth it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: I’m going to ignore that until you check the e-mail I just sent you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I put my phone down and pace the room, giving her time to take a look at what I just sent her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My heart is pounding, and I’m sweating, even though it’s not at all hot in this room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I just can’t take her telling me no, because I’m scared that if we can’t use her, I’ll be facing another 6 months of a concrete wall.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After several minutes, my phone vibrates. I drop to my bed and pick it up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoong: Okay. See what she’s willing to take, and let me know.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I smile and toss the phone into the air and feel like yelling.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After I calm down enough to text her, I pick up my phone and think.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don’t want to freak her out, because I know she’s completely new to this kind of thing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: I was wondering if we could talk sometime soon? I have a proposition for you. And get your mind out of the gutter, it’s completely music-related.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica: Okay. I can’t say I’m looking forward to it, because it makes me nervous. You want me to call you when I get off work?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: You work?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica: Yes. Campus library. Morning shift mostly, except for this weekend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: Oh. I guess that’s why I never noticed. I don’t usually get out of bed until after lunch.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica: So do you want me to call you after I get home?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: Just text me. You think we can meet up sometime this weekend?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica: Probably, but I’d have to talk to my boyfriend. Don’t want him to find out and think you’re using me for more than my lyrics.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: K. Sounds good.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica: If you want, you could come to my birthday party tomorrow night. Might be easier, because he’ll be here.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: It’s your birthday tomorrow? Happy early birthday. And that sounds good. What time?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica: Not sure. I’m not supposed to know about it. I’ll just text you tomorrow night once I find out more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: K.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Honestly, I don’t like the fact that her boyfriend might be there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I want to talk to her about it alone, because I still haven’t decided what to do about what I know is going on between that and her roommate.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But I need her to agree to help me before her heart gets shattered, so maybe my silence has been a little selfish.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I do admire the fact that she wants to be honest with him, even though he doesn’t deserve it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Which makes me think maybe this is something I should bring up to Taeyeon, even though it never occurred to me before that it might even remotely be an issue.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: Hey. How’s my girl?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Boo: Busy. This thesis is kicking my . How’s my boo?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: Good. Really good. I think Yoong and I found someone who’s willing to write lyrics with us. She’s really good, and I’ve already finished almost 2 songs since you left last weekend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Boo: Yul, that’s great! I can’t wait to read them. Maybe next weekend?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: You coming here, or am I going to you?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Boo: I’ll come there. I need to spend some time at the nursing home. Love you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: Love you. Don’t forget our video chat tonight.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Boo: You know I won’t. Already have my outfit picked out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: That better be a cruel joke. You know I don’t care to see clothes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter