Chapter 47 - The only choice

Better with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hold her against me for so long I’m not even sure if she’s awake.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I still have so much I want to say to her, but I don’t want to move.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I love the way she feels when we’re wrapped together like this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’m afraid if I move, she’ll come to her senses again and ask me to leave.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s barely been 3 weeks since Taeyeon and I broke up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When Jessica asked if I’d take Taeyeon back, I didn’t answer, but only because I know she wouldn’t believe my answer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I love Taeyeon, but I honestly don’t think Taeyeon and I are best for each other anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I know exactly where we went wrong.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The beginning of our relationship was romantic to the point where it was almost fictionalized.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We were 19 years old.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We barely knew each other.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The way we waited for an entire year only built up feelings that weren’t based on anything except false hopes and idealized love.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

By the time Taeyeon and I were finally able to be together, I think we were more in love with the idea of us, rather than with the actual us.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Of course, I loved her. I still love her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But until I met Jessica, I had no idea how much my love for Taeyeon was built up from my desire to swoop in and save her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon was right.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’ve done nothing for the past 5 years but try to be the hero who protects her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The problem?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Heroines don’t need protecting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When Jessica put me on the spot earlier, I wanted to tell her no, that I wouldn’t take Taeyeon back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When she said she was terrified that I was wishing she were Taeyeon, I wanted to grab hold of her and prove to her how I’ve never, not once, wished I were anywhere else when I’m with her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I wanted to tell her the only regret I have is not realizing sooner which one of them I was better for.

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter