Chapter 31 - The wave of jealousy

Better with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yuri POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoong: Gotta love rain. Looks like I’ll be there early. I’m coming alone, though. The girls can’t make it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: See you when you get here. Oh, and before you leave tomorrow, make sure you get all your out of Jessica’s room.

 

 

 

 

Yoong: Will she be there? Do I finally get to meet the girl who was brought to this earth for us?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: Yeah, she’ll be here.

 

 

 

 

 

Yoong: I can’t believe I’ve never asked this, but is she hot?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh, no.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: Don’t even think about it. She’s been through too much to be added to your list of concubines.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoong: Territorial, are we?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I toss my phone onto the bed and don’t even bother with a reply.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If I make Jessica too off-limits to her, it’ll just make her try that much harder with Jessica.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When Jessica made the joke last night about screwing Yoona, she was just trying to add humor to the seriousness of the situation, but the way her text made me feel terrified me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It wasn’t the fact that she texted about hooking up with someone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What terrified me was my knee-jerk reaction.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I wanted to throw my phone against the wall and smash it into a million pieces, then throw her against the wall and show her all the ways I could ensure that she never thinks about another people again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I didn’t like feeling that way.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I probably should encourage Yoona.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Maybe it would be better for my relationship with Taeyeon if Jessica actually started dating someone else.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Whoa.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The wave of jealousy that just rolled over me felt more like a tsunami.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I walk out of my bedroom and head to the kitchen to help Jessica get things together for dinner before everyone gets here.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I pause when I see her bent over, rummaging through the contents of the refrigerator.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She’s wearing the blue dress again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hate it when Donghae is right.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My eyes slowly scroll from the dress, down her warm shades of tanned legs, and back up again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I exhale and contemplate asking her to go change.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’m not sure I can deal with this tonight.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Especially when Taeyeon gets here.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica straightens up, pulls away from the refrigerator, and turns toward the counter.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I notice she’s talking, but she isn’t talking to me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She pulls a bowl out of the refrigerator, and is still moving, so naturally, my eyes scan the rest of the apartment to see who it is she’s talking to.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And that’s when both halves of my heart—which were somehow still connected by a small, invisible fiber—snap apart and separate completely.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon is standing in front of the bathroom door, eyeing me hard.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I can’t read her expression, because it’s not one I’ve ever been exposed to before.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The half of my heart that belongs to her immediately begins to panic.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Look innocent, Yuri.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Look innocent.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All you did was look at her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I smile. “There’s my girl,” I sign as I walk to her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The fact that I’m somehow able to hide my guilt seems to ease her concern.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She smiles back and wraps her arms around my neck when I reach her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I slip my arms around her waist and kiss her for the first time in 2 weeks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter