Chapter 45 - I need to know if she’s okay

Better with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Yuri POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Give me my damn keys, Yul,” Donghae signs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I calmly shake my head for the 3rd time in 5 minutes. “I’ll give you the keys when you tell me where Jessica lives.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He glares at me hard, still refusing to budge.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’ve had his keys for most of the day now, and I’ll be damned if I’ll give them back before he gives me the information I need.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I know it’s only been 3 weeks since Taeyeon broke up with me, but I haven’t been able to stop thinking about how everything I’ve done to Jessica has affected her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I need to know if she’s okay.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’ve gone this long without contacting her simply because I’m not sure what I’ll say when I eventually do see her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All I know is that I need to see her, or I’ll more than likely never sleep again. It’s been more than 3 weeks since the last time I had a full night’s sleep, and my mind just needs reassurance.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae sits across from me at the table, and I return my attention to the computer in front of me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Despite the fact that I want to blame my entire past few weeks on computers, I know it was all my fault, so I it up and bought a new one. I still have to rely on a computer for income, unfortunately.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae reaches across the table and slams my laptop shut, forcing me to look up at him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Nothing good will come of it,” he signs. “It’s only been 3 weeks since you and Taeyeon ended things. I’m not giving you Sica’s address, because you don’t need to see her. Now, give me my keys, or I’m taking your car.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I grin smugly. “Good luck finding my keys. They’re in the same spot I hid yours.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He shakes his head in frustration. “Why are you being such a , Yul? Jessica’s finally on her own and making a life for herself and doing well, and you want to barge in and confuse her all over again?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“How do you know she’s doing well? Do you talk to her?” The desperation in my question surprises me, because I didn’t know until this second just how much I need her to be okay.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yeah, I’ve seen her a few times. Bora and I had lunch with her yesterday.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I fall back against my chair, slightly annoyed that he didn’t tell me this but relieved to know she’s not holed up in her apartment, devastated.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Has Sica asked about me? Does she know about Tae and me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He nods. “She knows. She asked how things went with the two of you, so I told her the truth. She hasn’t brought it up since then.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jesus Christ. Knowing that she knows the truth should relieve my worry, but it only intensifies it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I can’t imagine what she must think about my lack of communication with her now that she knows about Taeyeon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter