Chapter 33 - The day after

Better with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Yuri POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“How did you get yourself into this mess?” Donghae and I are both standing at the edge of my bed, staring down at Taeyeon and Jessica.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They’re asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica is spooning Taeyeon on the left side of the bed, because the right side of the bed is now covered in Taeyeon’s puke.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I sigh. “This has been the longest 12 hours of my life.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae nods, then pats me heavily on the back. “Well,” he signs, “I wish I could stay and help you nurse them back to health, but I’d rather pretend I have something better to do and leave.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He turns and walks out of my room as Yoona makes her way in.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m headed out,” she signs. “Got my stuff out of Jessica’s room.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I nod and watch as her eyes fall on Jessica and Taeyeon. “I wish I could say it was fun getting to know Jessica, but I have a feeling I didn’t even meet the real Jessica.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I laugh. “Believe me, you didn’t. Maybe next time.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She waves and walks out of my bedroom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I turn and look at them, at both halves of my heart, cuddled tightly together in a bed of irony.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I spent the entire morning assisting them as they alternated between the trash can and the bathroom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

By lunch, Jessica’s vomiting had subsided, and she made her way back to her own room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s late afternoon now, and I’m spoon-feeding Taeyeon liquids and forcing her to down medicine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I just need sleep,” she signs. “I’ll be fine.” She rolls over and pulls the covers up to her chin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I tuck a lock of hair behind her ear, then run my hand down to her shoulder, where I trace circles with my thumb.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Her eyes are now closed, and she’s curled up in a fetal position.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She looks so fragile right now, and I wish I could wrap myself around her like a cocoon and shield her from every single thing this world has left to throw at her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I look over at the nightstand when the screen on my phone lights up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I tuck the covers more securely around Taeyeon and bend forward and kiss her cheek, then reach for my phone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sica: Not that you haven’t done enough, but could you please tell Hae to turn the volume down on the ?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I laugh and text Donghae.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: Turn the down. It’s so loud even I can hear it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I stand and walk into Jessica’s room to check on her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She’s flat on her back, staring up at the ceiling.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I sit on the edge of her bed, reach to her face, and brush back a strand of hair from her forehead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She tilts her face toward me and smiles, then picks up her phone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Her body is so weak she makes it look as if the phon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter