Chapter 42 - I feel like a burden

Better with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jessica POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Let me get those,” Donghae says as he bends to pick up my suitcases. He carries them down the steps, and I follow him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Once we make it to his car, I realize I don’t even know where I’m going.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I haven’t thought this far ahead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As soon as Yuri told me she needed me to leave today, I just packed my things and walked out without even a plan for what I’m going to do for the next 3 days.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My new apartment isn’t ready, but I’m wishing I could be in it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I want to be as far away as I can get right now from Yuri and Taeyeon and Donghae and Bora and Jun and Dara and everything and everyone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yul wants me to take you to a hotel until your apartment is ready, but is there anywhere else you’d rather go?” Donghae is now sitting in the driver’s seat, and I’m in the front passenger’s seat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don’t even remember us getting into his car. I turn and look at him, and he’s just staring at me. The car hasn’t even been cranked yet.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

God, I feel so pathetic. I feel like a burden.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s laughable, isn’t it?” I say.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I gesture to myself. “This.” I lean my head against the headrest and close my eyes. “I should just go back home to my parents. I’m obviously not cut out for this.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter