Chapter 41 - I don’t feel better, I just feel worse

Better with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yuri POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I pile a few things into a bag, hoping I’ll actually need it once I get to her house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have no idea if Taeyeon will even allow me to step through her front door, but the only thing I can do right now is be optimistic, because the alternative is unacceptable. It just is.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I refuse to accept that this is it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I know she’s hurt, and I know she hates me right now, but she has to understand how much she means to me and how my feelings for Jessica were never intentional.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I clench my fists again, wondering why in the hell I ever had those conversations with Jessica in the first place.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Or why I failed to delete them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I never thought Taeyeon would be in a position to read them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I guess in a way, I just didn’t feel guilty. The way I’ve felt toward Jessica wasn’t something I wanted to happen, but the feelings are there, and refusing to act on them since our initial kiss has taken a hell of a lot of effort.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In an oddly sadistic way, I’ve actually been proud of myself for being able to fight it the way I have.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But Taeyeon won’t see that side of it, and I completely understand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I know Taeyeon, and if she read all the messages, she’s more upset about the connection I’ve made with Jessica than she is over the fact that I kissed Jessica.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The feelings I have for Jessica aren’t something I’m sure I can talk my way out of.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I grab my bag and my phone and head into the kitchen to pack the laptop.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When I reach the counter, I notice a piece of paper peeking out from the computer. I find a sticky note stuck to the screen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yul,

 

 

 

It was never my intention to read your personal stuff, but when I opened your laptop, it was all right there in front of me. I read all of it, and I wish I never saw it. Please give me time to process everything before you show up. I’ll contact you when I’m ready to talk in a few days.

 

 

 

Taeyeon

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A few days?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

God, please don’t let her be serious. There’s no way my heart will survive this for a few days.

 

 

 

 

 

I’ll be lucky if I make it through the end of today knowing how I’ve made her feel.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I toss my bag back toward my bedroom door since I won’t need it for a while. I lean forward in defeat and rest my elbows on the bar, crumpling the note up in my fist. I stare down at the laptop before me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Piece of computer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Why the hell didn’t I have a password on it? Why the hell didn’t I take it with me when I left the hospital? Why the hell didn’t I delete everything? Why the hell did I even write anything to Jessica in the first place?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’ve never hated an inanimate object as much as I hate this computer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I slam the screen shut and bring my fist down on top of it with all my strength. I wish I could hear it crack. I wish I could hear the sound my fist makes each time I bring it down forcefully.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I want to hear it crushed beneath my fist the same way my heart feels crushed inside my chest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I stand up straight and pick the laptop up, then slam it down on the bar.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I see Donghae exit his bedroom out of the corner of my eye, but I’m too pissed to care if I’m making too much noise.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter