Chapter 27 - I was jealous

Better with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Yuri POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’m sitting on the floor again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s not the most comfortable place to play, but it’s much better than being on the bed next to her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I can never seem to focus on the actual music when I’m in her personal space and she’s in mine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She requested that I play one of the songs I used to play when I sat out on my balcony to practice, so we’ve been working through it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She’s lying on her stomach, writing on her notepad.

 

 

 

 

 

Erasing and writing, erasing and writing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’m sitting here on the floor, not even playing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’ve played the song enough for her to know the melody by now, so I’m just waiting while I watch her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I love how she focuses so intently on the lyrics, as if she’s in her own world and I’m just a lucky observer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Every now and then, she’ll tuck the hair behind her ear that keeps spilling in front of her face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My favorite thing to watch her do is erase her words.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Every time the eraser meets the paper, she pulls her top lip in with her bottom teeth and chews on it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hate that it’s my favorite thing to watch her do, because it shouldn’t be.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It triggers all these what-ifs in my head, and my mind begins imagining things it shouldn’t be imagining.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I begin to picture myself lying next to her on the bed while she writes.

 

 

 

 

 

I imagine her lip being tucked in while I’m just inches from her, looking down on the words she’s written.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I imagine her glancing up at me, noticing what she’s doing to me with her small, innocent gestures.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I imagine her rolling onto her back, welcoming me to create secrets with her that’ll never leave this room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I close my eyes, wanting to do whatever I can to stop the thoughts.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They make me feel just as guilty as if I were to act on them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sort of similar to how I felt a couple of hours ago when I thought there was a chance she was getting back together with Jun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was pissed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was jealous.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was having thoughts and feelings I knew I shouldn’t be having, and it was scaring the out of me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’ve never had an issue with jealousy until now, and I don’t like the person it’s turning me into.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Especially when the jealousy I’m feeling has nothing to do with the girl I’m in an actual relationship with.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I flinch when something hits me on the forehead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I immediately open my eyes and look at Jessica.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She’s on the bed, laughing, pointing at my phone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I pick it up and read her text.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sica: Are you falling asleep? We aren’t finished.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me: No. Just thinking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She moves over on the bed to make more room and pats the spot next to her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sica: Come think right here so you can read these. I have most of the lyrics down, but I’m hung up on the chorus. I’m not sure what you want.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter