Chapter 13 - She’s writing lyrics for the band

Better with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why’d you give Jessica the TV tonight?” Donghae signs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He drops onto the couch next to me. “You know I love Thursday night. I’m off work on Fridays.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I never talked to Jessica about TV nights.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He glances toward Jessica’s bedroom door with a scowl on his face. “What a little liar. How did you meet her, anyway?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Music-related. She’s writing lyrics for the band.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae’s eyes bulge, and he straightens up on the couch, turning to look at me as if I’ve just betrayed him. “Don’t you think this is something your manager should know about?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I laugh and sign back to him. “Good point. Hey, Hae, Jessica is officially writing lyrics for us.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He frowns. “And don’t you think your manager should have discussed a financial arrangement with her? What percentage are we giving her?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“We’re not. She feels guilty taking a percentage while she’s not paying rent, so we’re good for now.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He’s standing now, glaring down at me. “How do you know you can trust her? And what if something happens with a song she helped write? What if it makes the cut on the album and she suddenly decides she wants a percentage? And why the hell aren’t you writing the lyrics anymore?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I sigh.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We’ve been over this so many times it’s making my head hurt. “I can’t. You know I can’t. It’s just for a little while, until I get over my block. And calm down, she’s agreed to sign over anything she helps with.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He drops back onto the couch, frustrated. “Just don’t add any more people to our band without consulting me first, okay? I feel like I’m being shut out when you don’t include me.” He folds his arms across his chest and pouts.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Is sweet little Hae pouting?” I lean forward and wrap my arms around him, and he tries to shove me off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I climb on top of him and kiss his cheek, and he starts hitting me in the arm, trying to pull away from my grasp.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I laugh and let go of his face, then look up at Jessica, who just walked into the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She’s staring at us.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae slides his hand up my thigh and lays his head on my shoulder.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I reach up and pat his cheek while we both stare up at her, straight-faced.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She shakes her head slowly and walks back into her bedroom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As soon as her bedroom door closes, we separate.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I wish I hated Bora a little more than I do at night, because Jessica definitely needs me,” Donghae signs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I laugh, knowing Jessica is more than likely swearing off guys based on the week she’s had. “That girl doesn’t need anything other than the opportunity to be alone for a while.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae shakes his head. “No, that girl definitely needs me. I wonder how I can pull off an elaborate prank that involves her agreeing to have with me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Bora,” I remind him. I don’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter