Chapter 35 - unfairness of this evil, goddamned world

Better with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Both Donghae and Jessica spring to their feet when I round the corner to the waiting room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“How is Tae?” Donghae signs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Better. She’s awake now.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae nods, and Jessica is looking back and forth between us.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“The doctor says the alcohol and dehydration probably caused her...” I stop signing, because Donghae’s lips are pressed into a firm line as he watches my explanation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Verbalize for her,” I sign, nodding my head toward Jessica.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae turns and looks at Jessica, then refocuses his attention on me. “This doesn’t concern her,” he signs silently.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What the hell is his problem?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“She’s worried about Tae, Hae. It does concern her. Now, verbalize what I’m saying for her.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Warren shakes his head. “She’s not here for Tae, Yul. She doesn’t care how Tae’s doing. She’s only worried about you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I bury my anger, then slowly step forward and stand directly in front of him. “Verbalize for her. Now.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae sighs but doesn’t turn toward Jessica. He stares straight at me as he both signs and verbalizes for us. “Yul says Taeyeon’s okay. She’s awake.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica’s entire body relaxes as her hands go to the back of her head and relief washes over her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She says something to him, and he closes his eyes, takes a quick breath, then opens them. “Sica wants to know if either of you need anything. From the apartment.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I look at Jessica and shake my head. “They’re keeping her overnight to monitor her blood sugar. I’ll come by tomorrow if we need anything. I’m staying a few days at her house.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae verbalizes again, and Jessica nods.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You two head back and get some rest.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae nods. Jessica steps forward and gives me a tight hug, then backs away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae begins to turn toward the exit, but I grab his arm and make him look at me again. “I don’t know why you’re upset with her, Hae, but please don’t be a jerk to her. I’ve done that enough already.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter