BEINGWOOED

Accidentally Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Do you want to stay for dinner?” her mother asked as she walked Bom to the door. They had finally finished their homework although it had been a struggle for her. Her mind had kept wandering to Seunghyun’s declaration. How was he going to woo her? And when would he woo her? So far, he had yet to make any attempts.

 

Bom shifted her backpack to the other shoulder. “No thank you Auntie. Maybe some other night.”

 

“I was thinking this Friday we could have our family game night. Are you free Bommie? Do you want to join us?”

 

Dara’s body jerked up in response. Friday night?

 

Bom sent her a sideways glance and discreetly lifted an eyebrow, asking if she should accept the invitation or not. Dara’s heart pounded. Should she give the go ahead? It wasn’t like she was planning on going on the date with Seunghyun. She bit her lip. But a small part of her didn’t want to completely shut the door on the possibility.

 

“Uh mom, oppa is probably busy that night.” Dara told her, praying it was true.

 


“I’m free” her brother piped in from across the room. He was sitting on the couch watching TV with their dad. DAMN.

 

The one night she actually wanted Dongwook to go to a party, he didn’t. Figures he would get in the way where Seunhyun was concerned, even if he wasn’t aware of it. Now what did she do?

 

“So Bom, can you make it? I’ll even make you some homemade pie” her mom promised.

 

Bom sent Dara a pleading look, begging for her to step in and answer the question.

“Mom…” Dara trailed off trying to buy time. She had to make the decision right now. Yes or no? She opened to tell her that Bom could make it, but instead, “I have plans on Friday night” came out.

 

Dara slapped a hand over . Did she really just say that? She looked over at Bom for confirmation and she nodded.

 

Her mom looked up at her in surprise. “Oh are you and Bom going to the movies?”

 

“uhmm.. Well, you see…” she stammered, the words getting caught in .

 

“What is it honey?” her mom prompted.

 

Her outburst caught the attention of her dad and brother. So now six pairs of eyes staring at her intently, waiting for an answer. She took a deep breath and braced herself for the reaction it would cause. “I am going out but not with Bom” she watched as her brother’s eyes narrowed into tiny slits.

 

“Who are you going with?” her father asked suspiciously. “A boy?”

 

Dara felt her cheeks flush. “A date?” Her mother asks brightly.

 

“Not a date” Dara rushed, wanting to make that distinction clear.

 

Bom coughed loudly trying to hide the snicker that escaped her lips. Dara sent her a glare before turning back to her mother. “Actually, I’m not even really sure yet if I’m going out Friday night. It’s just a possibility” did that even make sense?

 

“Who is he? What’s his name?” her dad demanded to know, his voice booming over the living room. “How come we’ve never heard about him before?”

“Calm down, dear” her mom said. “Give her a chance to speak. I’m sure there is a good explanation.”

 

Dara forced herself to meet Dongwook’s gaze, if she were going to continue her relationship with Seunghyun. Whether it is friendship or more, she would need to be able to handle her brother.

 

 “His name is Seunghyun.”

 

Dongwook fell off the couch with a loud thud. “You’re going on a date with that bastard?” he yelled as he scrambled to his feet.

 

“Not a date” she protested though it fell on deaf ears.

 

“Dongwook!” her mother reprimanded. “Language!”

 

He glared at Dara. “And his name isn’t Seunghyun, it’s Fourth.”

 

“Fourth?” her father repeated. “Trojans quarterback? Number eleven?”

 

“The very same” Dongwook snarls.

 

“Good player” her father acknowledges. “Strong arm. Quick release. Nice spiral on his throws.”

 

“Dad!” Dongwook protested. He obviously had not been expecting him to list Seunghyun’s attributes.

 

“Sit down son” he commanded. “Now let’s talk about this date.”

 

“I’m just going to go.” Bom interjected, looking antsy. She started backing up towards the front door. “See you tomorrow”

 

“Don’t leave me” Dara pleaded.

 

Bom reached for the door and pulled it open. “May the force be with you” she whispered and quickly leaved.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter