Dog

Accidentally Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 “Dara” he gently whispered and drew her hand toward him. “I’ve like you since the first time we talked” he confessed. “Please tell me you feel the same way” He placed a chaste kiss against the back of her hand.

 

Dara’s eyes widened with surprise. “You…you do?” she stuttered.

 

He smiled at her astonished face. “Yes, you drive me crazy” he murmured affectionately.  He tugged her closer to him and wrapped his arms around her waist. “All I can think about is you. I can’t concentrate on anything else.”

 

She stared at his chest. Not being able to look at him in the eye. “Really?” she asked faintly. Her heart was beating so loudly. She feared he could hear it.

 

“Really” he confirmed. He gently placed his hand under her chin and forced her to look at him. “I like you, Dara. Be my girlfriend”

 

Dara’s breath hitched at his words. She opened to speak but nothing came out. Her voice seemed to have deserted her.

 

She slowly nodded, still stunned to speak. He let out a sigh of relief and cupped her cheek. His thumb gently traced her bottom lip, making her shiver at the contact. He gently drew her face upwards as his descended. Right before their lips touched, she whispered “Woobin-ah..”

 

The Animal song by Maroon5  woke Dara up with a start. She groaned and close her eyes when she realized Woobin and the almost kiss was all a dream. It had felt so real to her. The ominous song played again and Dara let out a string of curse words. She knew exactly who was calling her. Before she went to bed last night, she had programmed her number into Seunghyun’s phone and assigned Animal ringtone to his name.

 

“Hello?” Dara muttered into the phone. She threw an arm over her face and tried to retain the image of Woobin leaning down to kiss her.

“Your brother is ing annoying” Seunghyun mumbled, his voice sounded sleepy and deeper than normal.

 

“Hmmm?” Dara asked, still thinking about her dream. Seunghyun’s word barely registered in her brain.

 

“Your brother keeps calling and texting.  He wants you to pick him up from some chick’s house.” He told grumpily. “think her name is Hyuna or something”

 

“What?” Dara asked as she tried to shake off the haze and concentrate on what Seunghyun was telling.

 

Seunghyun grunted. “Pick up your damn brother” he muttered impatiently.

 

Dara sighed and rolled out of bed. It figured that even though Dongwook was mad at her, he would still call her to drive him home. “What time is it?” she asked him as she rummaged in her closet and pulled out a zip-up sweatshirt.

 

There was a slight pause before Seunghyun answered. “2:30” he groaned. “Why the hell is he calling you to pick him up? Cant he get home by himself?”

 

Dara shrugged her shoulders in response but then realized he couldn’t see her. “He’s drunk” she quickly put on the sweater and tromped towards the corner of her room where all her shoes were piled up.

 

“So?” he asked callously.

 

“So, he can’t drive. I’m his sober driver” Dara explained. She picks her pair of Toms and grabbed her wallet from the desk.

 

“Seriously?” Seunghyun asked in disbelief. “He calls and you just do his bidding?”

Dara frowned at his tone. “I’m his sister Seunghyun.” she said simply as if that explained everything. She opened her door and crept down the hall, making sure to be quiet so she wouldn’t wake up her parents.

 

“Is he your younger brother or something? Are you one of those overprotective older sisters?”

 

“No” she whispered. Dara grabbed her mom’s car key off the kitchen table and tip-toed towards the front door. Max rushed after her, thinking he was going for a walk.

 

“Then why are you his personal chauffer?” his deep voice demanded. “It sounds like you do this all the time”

 

Max whined when she open the door and wouldn’t let him pass her. Dara shushed him but Max just whined again. “Go to my room” she ordered him in hushed tones.

 

“I thought you’d never ask.” Seunghyun drawled. “I knew all that protest was just an act baby doll. No one can refuse my charm” his voice sounding too smug for Dara’s liking.

 

“I was talking to the dog.” Dara hissed as she silently closed the door behind her and walked toward her mom’s car. “Although, there is an uncanny resemblance.”

 

Seunghyun’s deep voice chuckled at her insinuation. “And how would you know? You never seen me.” he baited her.

 

“Maybe not physically but I have definitely noted personality similarities between you and our dog Max.” Dara responded with a little sass.

 

“Oh really? By all means, tell me more baby doll.” His voice was laced with amusement.

 

“Well, like Max, you need to have your ego , you both need to be in your place when you misbehave, which is often. I’ve noticed that you and Max love the chase when you get your bone taken away. You sulk and pout like a two year old.”

 

Seunghyun’s only response to her harsh comparisons was to laugh. Dara shook her head. Unbelievable. He really was made out of Teflon.

 

“Shut up dude!” a voice yelled in the background. Seunghyun must have covered the phone with his hand because all Dara could hear was few muffled noises. A few moments went by of white noise and then she heard a door close.

 

Dara hesitated before calling out. “Seunghyun?”

 

“Here, sorry my roommate kicked me out” he informed her. “I had go out to common room”

 

Dara raised an eyebrow in surprise. He left his room so he could continue talking to her? “I’m surprised you didn’t kick him out” she replied lightly, not sure how to respond to his statement. She the car and switched him to speakerphone.

 

“I kind of owe him one” Seunghyun admitted.

 

“Ahhh.. The y girl  from last night” Dara concluded. She pulled out the driveway and made her way onto the main street.

 

“Who I fully satisfied by the way. No pump requ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter