DONGWOOK

Accidentally Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“I don’t want you to be alarmed, but your face is starting to resemble an overripe tomato.” Dongwook stated.

 

Dara’s hair dragged across the carpet as she hung off her bed and shrugged.

 

“Is this some sort of new yoga practice?” he questioned. “You know, where you try to find your lost Zen or something?”

 

More like trying to piece together her broken heart. She contracted her abdominal muscles and raised her head. Dongwook stood in her doorway. “Now’s not a great time, oppa. I’m busy.” She told him.

 

He eyed her upside down position. “Yes, you look positively bogged down with heavy thoughts.”

 

She couldn’t even muster a sarcastic remark. “I’m not in the mood to talk. Leave me alone.”

 

Ignoring her wishes, he stayed where he was. “And yet you called Bom to come over. Sounds like you want to talk to someone.”

 

“Don’t be difficult.” She pleaded. “Not today. Not right now.”

 

“You can’t make time for your favorite sibling?”

 

“You’re my only sibling.”

 

“Why must you always focus on the details?” He sighed.

 

“And why must you always overlook them?” she shot back.

“Because I don’t want an ulcer by the time I’m twenty.”

 

Since he obviously wouldn’t let the issue go, she planted her hands next to her ears and braced herself. With one giant push, she flipped herself off the bed, over her body and landed on her knees. After straightening her clothes she propped her elbows on the edge of the bed and gave him a bland look. “Is there something particular you wanted to discuss or are you just bored and wanted someone to talk to?”

 

“I wanted to check up on you. You look upset when he dropped you off. Did something happen?”

 

“Yes. Something happened.” She answered flatly.

 

“And that would be..?”

 

Dara felt herself bristling at his question. “What exactly do you want to know?” She asked. The look she sent him was downright glacial. “Do you want to know that we had an argument? Or are you more interested in the fact that I found out about the photos he sent? Or maybe what you really want to know is if were still together? Well, you can rest easy tonight, oppa. WE BROKE UP. No more evil Seunghyun running around with your sister. That should make you ecstatic.”

 

He took a deep breath and talk in calm voice. “I won’t lie. It does. But I hate that it’s at the expense of your happiness. I never wanted you to get hurt, Dars.”

 

“But you wanted him out of my life.” She stated rather than asked.

 

“absolutely.” He said with vigor. Dongwook plopped down beside Dara. “He was never good enough for you. You deserve a guy who’s going to cherish and respect you. Someone who understands what a treasure you are.”
 

 

The harsh look in her eyes softened as she braced the space between them and squeezed his hand. “Thank you but I’m not completely helpless. I can take care of myself.”

 

“I’m not denying that. You are of the most capable people I know. But Fourth has an uncanny ability to fool people. He presented himself to you as a different person than who really is. I didn’t want you caught up in that.”

 

“Then why didn’t you tell me all this to begin with? Why did I have to found out about Jenny through him?”

 

Dongwook sigh and leaned back. “Like I said before, I have a lot of regrets about how I dealt with Jenny. The biggest one was what happened after he leaked those pictures. Everyone kept taunting me about getting Fourth. I was angry and embarrassed and…”

 

“Your pride was hurt.” She filled in.

 

“A little.” He paused. “Okay maybe a lot. I hadn’t realized she took those pictures and shar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter