HOOKED

Accidentally Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As Dara walked down the crowded hallway, she wondered for the hundredth time when was Seunghyun going to call her. For the past two days, her phone had been strangely silent. No phone calls or text from him. It was like he disappeared into thin air. Why had he gone through the trouble of making her promise to answer him, if he wasn’t even going to call? It didn’t make sense.

 

Dara bumped into something and her books fall down. “I’m so sorry Dara” she look who it was and it was Jinwoo he bent down to pick her books when she notice that he was carrying a big black duffle bag  with DP on it. Dongwook Park.

 

“It’s okay. I’m lost on my thoughts too. Why are you carrying my brother’s bag and it looks full and heavy?” she asked while he handed him the books to her.

 

“I’m just going to put this back to his car” Jinwoo said, looking nervous.

 

“Give it to me I can put it there” she offered and curious why is he nervous.

 

 “NO! I.. I mean he told me specifically that I am the one who will put it in his car trunk.”

 

“Jinwoo it’s me Dara I don’t think he will mind. Besides what’s in there it looks really full.” Dara moves forward to him. “Come on give it to me.”

 

Jinwoo look at Dara and he can tell that she will not let him pass without knowing what is in there. So he handed the bag to her.

 

Dara open the bag and there is a knowing look on her eyes. “Why did he have paint and glad wrap in here, Jinwoo?”

 

“Uhhh..” jinwoo gulped nervously.

 

“What did Dongwook oppa do? And don’t lie to me. I know this much isn’t for a science project”

 

“I can’t say.”

 

“Did you guys do something to Trojans?” she demanded to know.

 

“I can’t say” he repeated desperately.

 

Frustration pulsed off to her.  She needed to know if Dongwook had anything to do with Seunghyun’s silence. Maybe he warned Seunghyun to stay away from her?

 

Dara glanced at Jinwoo and bit back the questions bursting inside her. If Dara wanted answers she had to go to the master pulling the strings. Her brother. “I’m sorry for pushing Jinwoo.” She gave him the bag. “You can put this on his trunk now”

 

He sent her a look of pure relief. “Thanks Dara.”

 

--

 

The bleachers were on the opposite side of the quad, so she weaved her way through the students who were sprawled out on the grass, enjoying their lunch. As she hiked up the bleachers and looked out, she knew it was no joke. One really did feel like the king of the school.

 

As she drew closer to the group of football players she could hear them making crude jokes. One was especially nasty and Dara cringed. She didn’t understand the appeal of ist jokes. But then again they were guys the jokes didn’t degrade them. They were so caught up in their conversation they didn’t hear when she approached.

 

“Dongwook oppa” she said as she tapped him on the shoulder. “I need to talk to you.” out of the corner of her eye, she could see Jinwoo tensing up.

 

“I’m busy right know Dars,” Dongwook said a little impatiently. “Can’t we talk at home?”

 

“I want to talk now,” she replied shortly, not backing down. She wanted answers and she wanted them now. Her brother wasn’t going to worm his way out.

 

Dongwook stared at her for a few seconds before sighing, obviously seeing the determination in her eyes. “I’ll be back” he told the guys as he rose from his seat and followed Dara.

 

“Alright, what’s so important?” he asked as soon as they were out of earshot from his nosy teammates.

 

“What did you do to Seunghyun?”

 

Dara’s direct question got an immediate reaction out of Dongwook. His eyes lost all its usual warmth. “Why would you think I did anything to him?” he countered, not answering her question. “And his name is Fourth, not Seunghyun.”

 

Dara was tempted to argue with him about Seunghyun’s name, but thought better of it. If she was going to get a straight answer out of Dongwook, she couldn’t rile his temper. “I know you did something, oppa. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter