FIRSTDATE

Accidentally Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara heard the sound of the doorbell and raced down stairs before her parents could answer it. Luckily, Dongwook was gone for the night which meant one less person to worry about. Now all she had to do was get her father’s approval.

 

Her hands trembled slightly as she smooth her hair and straightened her clothes. Everything was going to be fine. Everything was going to be fine. She kept on chanting the words as if it was her own personal mantra. Maybe if she said it enough, it would come true.

 

The doorbell rang again and she took a calming breath. Freaking out was not going to help the situation. With one last check on she straightened her v neck shirt and fixes her black skinny jeans again. she turned the handle and opened the door.

 

went dry when she saw him. The porch light had cast an almost angelic glow on him, making him appear ethereal. His image was stunning.

 

“Hey beautiful.. Do you always go on first date like this gorgeous? You’re breath taking” Seunghyun greeted her that made her blush that didn’t go unnoticed to Seungyun.  “You ready to go?”

 

“Not yet. I have a surprise for you” she replied.

 

Seunghyun’s eyes lit up in curiosity. He gave her body a look from top to bottom. “Let me guess. Red underwear?”

 

The comment didn’t even register with her. She was too wrapped up in her own thoughts. With a forced smile she said “Actually you get to meet my dad. Surprise!”

 

His gaze slid down to where her fingers were nervously tapping against her leg. “I think we need to work on your definition of a surprise.” He informed her as he entered the house. 

 

“I’m sure he’ll love you” she reassured him as she looped her arm through his and pulled him further into the house. “Just smile and try to keep the ert comments to a minimum. I heard fathers aren’t too keen on that.”

 

“He doesn’t own a shotgun, does he?” he whispered as they walked down the hallway towards the living room.

 

“No my dad doesn’t believe in guns. Although he does have a Taser and a can of pepper spray.”

 

“If that was supposed to calm my nerves it didn’t work” he muttered.

 

“Just a friendly reminder” she said  lightly as they entered the living room where her parents were waiting. “Mom, Dad” she said as she felt Seunghyun’s body stiffen next to her. “This is Seunghyun”

 

“Ma’am” he acknowledged with a nod of the head before he turned to her father. “Sir” he said solemnly. “It’s nice to meet you both.”

 

“It’s nice to finally meet you too, Seunghyun. In all these years, I don’t think we’ve ever had the chance to formally introduce ourselves. Usually we just see you across the field. I didn’t even recognize you without all the football gear.” Her mom said with a smile.

 

Seunghyun relaxed a little and let out a small chuckle. “The padding and helmets tend to change our appearances. Even my mom has a hard time recognizing me when I’m in a uniform. A few times she cheered on the wrong player. Thinking it was me.”

 

A laughed escaped on her mother’s lips. “I’ve done that too. it’s nice to know I’m not the only one.”

 

During the conversation Dara glance at her father. His eyes are studying Seunghyun. He made no move to offer him a seat or welcome him into the home.

“You have a beautiful home, Mrs. Park” Seunghyun complimented with his infamous charming smile. “You must put a lot of time in gardening. The flowers up front are really gorgeous.”

 

Delight wash over her mother’s face. ”Thanks you. I tried to get outside and garden a couple days a week.”

 

“It looks great when it’s not covered in toilet paper” her father interjected. “You look different when you’re not covered in all black.”

 

Seunghyun’s face blanched as the stiffness returned to his body. “S-sir, I.. I can explain that.”

 

Ignoring Seunghyun’s stammering, her father turned to Dara. “Kiddo, why don’t you wait outside? This young man and I are going to have a little chat” he saw her open mouth to protest so he added meaningfully. “Alone”

 

“Come on honey. Let’s leave them alone.” Her mother took her hand as they left the living room.

 

“What did Dad mean by toilet paper and black clothes?” Dara asked her mother once they are in the dining room alone. “Did Seunghyun TP our house?”

 

Her mother sighed and brushed a stray hair out of Dara’s face. “It was last Halloween. You were sleeping over at Bom’s and Dongwook was out with friends. Your dad heard a noise and went to investigate. There had been at least twenty rolls. The guy who did it fled before your father could catch them but we suspected they were from Trojans.”

 

“Why didn’t oppa and I know about this?” Dara asked she would have noticed a yard full of toilet paper.

 

“We didn’t wasn’t to add fuel to the fire. Your brother would have wanted to retaliate and things were already escalating quickly. We thought it is best to keep it quiet.”

 

Dara was silent as the meaning of her mother’s word sank in. if she was reading between the lines correctly, it meant there was more to Seunghyun’s and her brother’s rivalry that she originally thought.

 

A few minutes later, Seunghyun emerged from the living room with her father. She hurried over to him, searching his face for clues as to the outcome of the talk. Subtly, he winked at her before turning to her father.

 

“I will have her back by 11:30 Mr. Park.” Seunghyun swore, shaking his hand. With a pleasant goodbye from her mother and stern nod from her dad, they left the house and climbed into Seunghyun’s Rover.

 

Before she could comment on what had just transpired, he started the engine and set his phone on the dashboard. A digital map was open with directions to a local park. The park was a heavily forested are with hiking trails and streams running through it. Her brows knot together in confusion. It was pitch black outside. What kind of date was he taking her on?

 

It wasn’t until they were on the highway when he spoke. “Have you ever been geocaching?” he asked, his voice breaking the silence.

 

“It’s kind of like treasure hunting right?”

 

“Exactly. It’s an outdoor treasure hunt were you use your GPS system to navigate to a specific coordinate. That coordinate has a container in it that you have to locate. Each container holds something in it. If you take something out, you must put something in.”

 

Dara nodded. It sounded pretty fun. She likes the idea of hunting for treasures like pirates. “But how are we going to do it at night?”

 

His face  beamed animated as he described night geocaching. Seunghyun explain everything to her from how they will use flashlights to find the small reflector place in strategic area to how they will just follow the reflector in shape of a triangle.

“What do you think?” he asked. “Are you up for the challenge of geocaching with me?” he sent her a boyish smile that made her stomach flutter in response.

 

“I’m up for anything.” She responded lightly, trying to tame the feelings he evoked in her.

 

As he parked the truck, Dara gazed out the window. It was so dark she could barely see the faint outline of trees and bush. How on earth were they going to find a camouflaged box? “Is this even legal?” she inquired as she noted the empty parking lot.

 

Seunghyun reached in the backseat and grabbed a backpack. “Do you really think your dad would have let you go if it was illegal babydoll?”

 

“Speaking of which. Is there anything you want to tell me? Perhaps regard to your love of toilet paper?”

 

He sent a fleeting look before rummaging in the back. “Not particularly.”

 

She leaned against the car door so she could study his face. “What exactly happened between you and my brother?”

 

Seunghyun look at her how can she ask this now when they are on a date? “Babydoll can we not talk about your brother right now?”

 

“This whole rivalry is about more than just football isn’t?” she said not letting go of the topic.

 

Seunghyun sighed. “Listen baby, Dongwook and I have a complicated history. There’s no denying that. But what happens with him is separate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter