4HRSJOURNEY I

Accidentally Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara just stared at him, her brain shutting down. He was here. He was actually here. She couldn’t believe it. After a whole week of not hearing from him, now he was here sitting in front of her. Acting like he didn’t have a care in the world. Dara opened to say something, but nothing came out. The words stuck in like a lump of coal.

 

“I see I’ve rendered you speechless” Seunghyun drawled. He uncurled his body and leaned forward in his seat, resting his arms on his knees. “Don’t worry. I seem to have that effect on a lot of girls.” He said and winked on her as soon as he takes out the sunglasses on his eyes.

 

Dara’s eyes narrowed. In the past week, she seemed to have forgotten how arrogant he could be. Well, it was all rushing back to her now. “The only effect you have on me is to my gag reflex.”

 

His smirk turned into full smile. “Oh how I’ve missed your cutting words and thinly veiled insults. Life has been so dull without you”

 

She eyed him suspiciously. “Is that why you are here? Because I add spice to your life?”

 

“You know, not everything is about you baby doll” he taunted in mock sincerity.

 

Her eyes flashed in irritation. As if he should be talking! He was practically the poster boy for narcissism.

 

“And a piece of advice?” he continued. “Arrogance isn’t a very attractive quality. It can really put people off”

 

Dara’s jaw dropped. Did he really just say that? Him? Of all people? He was the most arrogant person she knew! She gave him an icy glare before whipping around and plopping back down in her seat. Gosh, he was so infuriating. “Why did I want to see him again? Please remind me”

 

“Because of my chiseled body and boyish good looks?”

 

Dara looked over her shoulder and saw him hanging over the seat next to her, his arms wrapped around the headrest. “I’ve seen better” she responded tartly.

 

“Because of my charming personality and quick wit?” he said in a very cutely voice and Dara tried so hard not to smile.

 

“Don’t flatter yourself”

 

He snapped his fingers. “I know. It’s because of amazing sense of humor and unforgettable charisma, isn’t it?”

 

“Sit in your seat Seunghyun” she ordered.

 

“Aren’t you going to let me sit next to you?” he pouted, motioning to the jacket she had placed to keep people away.

 

“Absolutely not!”

 

“Sir?” A man dressed in a navy conductor uniform stood before them. “Please sit down in your seat while the train is in motion”

 

“I’m sorry. It’s just my girlfriend” he motioned to Dara, “Refuses to let me sit next to her. She says she’s embarrassed by me.” Seunghyun hung his head in shame. “All because I’ve started to let myself go this past month”

 

Dara’s jaw dropped. What the hell was he talking about? Girlfriend? Letting himself go? Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw other passengers staring at them with vivid interest.

 

He turned to look at her, his face has the picture of innocence and remorse. “Sweetheart, I promise ill start going to the gym again. I’ll even lay off the sweets and go on a liquid diet. Just please, let me sit next to you.”

 

The train conductor’s lip curled in disgust as he sent her a nasty glare.

 

“Sit down and stop making a scene” she hissed through clenched teeth, snatching her jacket off the seat so he could sit next to her.

 

“Whatever you say, babe” Seunghyun said gloomily as he moved to do her bidding.

 

“You should be ashamed of yourself missy” the conductor scolded before marching away. Other passengers around them were staring at Dara in the same way, with mixture of contempt and disdain.

 

God, she was so embarrassed. All she wanted to do was bury her head in the sand like an ostrich. How could Seunghyun do that to her? Now all those people thought she was some pretentious girl, who forced her boyfriend into anorexia. She reached over and smacked his arm. “What the hell was that?”

 

Seunghyun turned to look at the elderly sitting across the aisle from them. “See how she treats me? All I want is her love and affection”

 

That was it. She was going to kill him. Straight up, strangle the bastard till he had no air left in his lungs.

 

The elderly lady looked at him in sympathy. “You shouldn’t have to deal with that type of abusive behavior. She looks like the type of girl who needs to put others down in order to feel better about herself”

 

Dara kept her lips tightly clamped together so she wouldn’t say anything she would regret. Like telling the old lady to keep her opinions to herself.

“You are a handsome young man. There are plenty of fish in sea” the lady leaned forward to pat his hand. “Infact, you should give my granddaughter a call. She’s a freshman at UCLA. Very pretty she just joined a sorority.”

 

Dara scowled. Unfricking believable. Not only did the lady just insult her, but she was also setting him up with her granddaughter. And right in front of her no less! She glanced over at Seunghyun who was grinning like a dog that just had a lot of bones on his bowl. Her scowl deepened. And him! He was absolutely despicable. Making her seem like the villain in all of this. Did he have no shame?

 

“Really? Seunghyun asked, sounding highly curious. “Which sorority?”

 

Dara elbowed him in the ribs. HARD

 

He winced and rubbed the spot. “Nevermind. I have to get back to my girlfriend besides I don’t think someone will be prettier than her. It was nice talking to you” he gave the lady a small wave before turning his attention to Dara. “If this relationship is going to continue, you real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter