INEEDTOKNOW

Accidentally Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Are you okay? You’ve been quiet”

 

Dara only nod in response. Ever since the incident outside, had been dry as the Sahara. She swallowed, trying to regain some moisture but it didn’t help. The only thing would sate would be answers. But can she ask the questions. Questions she wasn’t sure she wanted to ask.

 

Seunghyun’s brows pulled together. He holds her hand and squeezed it. “What’s wrong baby?”

 

“Just tired I guess” she replied.

 

Unconvinced, his eyes narrowed. They searched her eyes, probing for the truth. Her heart clenched at the invasion. She wanted to pull back, not allow him access but she remained still.

 

“I’m fine” she said forcing herself to smile. “I didn’t get much sleep last night and it’s finally catching up on Me.” she simply said, he nodded and looked away.

 

For the rest of the night, Dara made a distinct effort to act normal. She laughed, teased and joked but inside she was reeling. One word kept repeating over and over in her mind- Jenny. Who was this girl? Neither Seunghyun nor her brother had ever mentioned the name, at least not to her, but it was clear she had something to do with their grudge. What could have possibly happened between two.

--

 

“Thank you for having me, Mr. and Mrs. Park” Seunghyun said, walking to the Main door.

 

Her mom smiled and opened the door. “You’re always welcome here.”

 

“I wouldn’t go that far.” Dongwook uttered under his breath as he passed by.

 

Dara turned to Seunghyun, intent on giving him a goodbye hug but the frown on his face stopped her.

 

“Walk me to my car?” he asked.

 

It was quiet as they strolled down the driveway, dark silence blanketing the world around them. They didn’t speak till they arrived at Seunghyun’s Rover.

 

He folded his arms and leaned against his car. “All right, what’s going on? You’ve been acting weird all night.”

 

She became nervous, her heart hammer in her chest. “I don’t know what you mean.” She said avoiding his eyes who is boaring on her.

 

“Bullcrap. You weren’t even going to come outside with me. Tell me, do you really want me to be here? You were fine earlier.”

 

Dara pretend to smile. “I didn’t know you needed a babysitter to walk you to your car.”

 

Hurt. Seunghyun couldn’t even disguise the flicker of hurt that flashed in his eyes. “Don’t you want to be alone with me, even for a couple of minutes? Because I do.”

 

Dara look on Seunghyun’s face and she was surprise on how visible the words I just said affect him. Of course she wanted to be with him. But what if this Jenny meant more to him than her? What if she was just a stand in for this girl?

 

She watched as he opened his door and slid in. when he his ignition without a look or word to her, she knew he was going to drive off before they could hash things out.

 

“Seunghyun” she said, her hand holding onto his car door. “Wait.”

 

His shoulders tensed at the sound of her voice. For a second, she was afraid he would ignore her but after a few breathless moments he shut off the car. And his eyes meet Dara’s.

 

“What?” he asked.

 

Dara became nervous, she open his car door and slid herself on the passenger seat. How can she explain that she overheard his conversation and was feeling insecure?

 

“Is this because of the football game on Friday?” Seunghyun look at her and put the strands of hair that’s on her face on the back of her ear and caress her cheek. “I know I asked you to wear my jersey but if it’s making you this uncomfortable you don’t have to.”

 

Dara put away the hand of Seunghyun’s caressing her face and entwined her hands it with it. It would be simple to say yes and take the easy way out. Seunghyun would be happy and she wouldn’t have to explain but would it really accomplish anything in the long run?

 

Taking a deep breath, she gathered her courage and asked. “Who is --”

 

A loud ringing interrupts her question.

 

“Damn it” Seunghyun said, pulling out his phone. “It’s my dad. I have to take this.” He held the phone up to his ear, a small grimace on his face. The volume was loud enough for her to overhear the conversation.

 

“Do you know what time is it? I’m in your apartment right now! You were supposed to be sleeping before 10 o’clock”

 

“Dad--”

“The game is on Friday and there you are like a dog following that girl when you should be at your apartment resting.”

 

Seunghyun’s shoulder hunched, his voice low but urgent. “I wasn’t doing anything wrong. I’m meeting her parents.”

 

“So you mentioned earlier when you are at the house and stormed out while I was talking”

 

“That. Wasn’t talking, that was lecturing. And I don’t see what the big deal is. We’re dating”

 

“This is not time for girls, son. You can have all the girls you want after the season is over. But right now, your focus needs to be on football.”

 

Frustrated. He twists his body, shifting away from her. “Dad, I’ll be there in 10 minutes. We can talk about it then.” He ended the call and gave her a smile but she could see the anger swirling beneath. “Sorry. My dad tends to go overboard during football season.”

 

“Is he always like that?” she knew his dad was tough on him but not to the point of dictating his social life.

 

“It’s not personal to you. He just doesn’t approve of any distractions. Especially before a big game.”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” they talked for hours and not once did he ever mention that his dad wanted him stop seeing her.

 

He shrugged. “Didn’t want to worry you.”

 

“Seunghyun” she whispered. Emotions radiating from her voice. “I don’t want to get you in trouble.”

His head reared back. “You’re not trouble baby doll. And if you are, I always want to be on trouble.” He leaned forward and opened the glove compartment. “If you won’t wear my jersey and sit on my side, will you at least wear my Team ring?”

 

He held out a square gold ring with dark red ruby embedded in the middle. Trojans was printed aroun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter