CeaseFire

Accidentally Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re not my son” her voice was warm and inviting with a southern country accent.

 

“No ma’am. I am definitely not” Dara chuckled

 

“Well honey, who you might be?”

 

“I’m Dara ma’am” She answered

 

“Darlin’ I maybe a mother but I don’t have grey hairs yet. Call me Jaehee darlin”

 

Dara was taken aback by Seunghyun’s mom friendliness. Dara wasn’t sure what she expected when she answered the phone, but it certainly wasn’t this.

 

“Now that we introduce ourselves already. Do you mind telling me why you are answering my son’s phone?” she demanded.

 

Dara smile at her bluntness. His mom maybe friendly but she didn’t hold back the candor. Dara admired that. She quickly explained how she and Seunghyun ended up switching phones.

 

“That’s quite a predicament you two gotten in. he should have left it with me. I could have met you and exchanged phones. Now you have to go a week with each other’s”

 

Dara grin turned into a wide smile. This was the opening she was hoping for. She sighed heavily, making sure Jaehee knew she was distressed.

 

“The thing is..” Dara purposely paused and pretend to falter, “Well I…”

 

“What is it Darlin? You can tell me” Jaehee encouraged, sounding worried.

 

“The thing is, I think Seunghyun did this on purpose to get back at me” Dara continued.

 

“Seunghyun?” his mother asked in very surprised tone.

 

“Yes Seunghyun” Dara confirmed.

 

“Did he ask you to call him that sweetheart?” She asked her bizarrely.

 

Dara frowned at the question. “uhmm.. Yes.. Is there a problem” she asks her hesitantly. Was that not his real name?

 

Jaehee murmured something that Dara can’t hear clearly. “No not at all. It’s just I’m surprised.”

 

“Oh.. ok” Dara replied silently

 

“So what is this about my son getting back at you?”

 

Dara grinned on the question. She was about say something but her words were caught in . She couldn’t throw Seunghyun under the bus like that. It was one thing to play a prank on him with his friends but it was another to lie on his mother.

 

“Darlin? You still there?” Jaehee asked

 

“Well.. You know.. You see” Dara stuttered at loss for word.

 

“That boy. He did something to you didn’t he? Just like his dad. Always getting his emotions ruled him rather than his head” His mom grunted.

 

Seunghyun’s mom continued talking. “He was such a good boy growing up. He had such great manners, never talking back to his elders and always obeying orders. I don’t know what happened or what did I do wrong?” she ranted.

 

“uhmmm” Dara trailed off doesn’t know how to respond.

 

“Now, he’s out all hours at night, never telling me where he’s going. Even though he lives on his own already he still should tell me what he is doing. He never talks what is happening to his life”

 

“Ma’am I mean…” Dara tried to cut her, but Seunghyun’s mother continues her rant.

 

“And don’t think I haven’t notice him fooling around with those cheerleaders. OH wait.. Are you a cheerleader? I mean there is nothing wrong with being a cheerleader I was one before and his dad was a quarterback”

 

“No no no don’t worry. I’m not a cheerleader” Dara respond with amusement.

 

“Great” she replies sounding relieve. “I know it is bad to speak ill about anyone. But those girls looks like you know.. Loose..” she said with a lower voice.

 

Dara chuckled. She clearly wasn’t shy to voice out her opinion to a complete stranger.

 

“Do you know that my son doesn’t accept my facebook request I sent him last year. You wouldn’t do that to your mother, right?”

 

“I.. umm yeah” Dara stuttered. Her mom couldn’t even figure her voicemail.

 

“Ofcourse you wouldn’t honey. I can tell that you’re a good girl. Do you know that he forces me to sit on the back of the bleachers during his football game? He said he’s embarrassed by me. My own son!” she exclaimed. “All because I showed up in my Dolly Parton costume.”

 

Dara silently chuckled.

 

“It wasn’t even my fault. I had to attend a party after the game. You’d think he’d be a little grateful to the woman who changed his sheets every night for 12 years, because he wet the bed!”

 

Dara eyes widened. “He wet his bed?” This is brilliant.

 

“Oh dear. I prolly shouldn’t say that. You won’t tell anyone right?” his mom fretted, her voice sounding panicked.

 

“I promise not to tell another soul” she swore but Seunghyun won’t know that.

 

“Bless your heart” Jaehee sounds relieved.

 

Before Seunghyun’s mom could start another one of her long speeches. “Jaehee, it was nice talking to you but I need to go now”

 

“of course. Will you tell Seunghyun I love him? Oh remind him too, to wear clean undies everyday” Jaehee requested.

 

“He will surely receive that” Dar said with a grin.

 

Once Dara end the call to Jaehee. She immediately calls Seunghyun and leave a voicemail. “My, My, My Seunghyunnie.. I just had the most interesting conversation with your mom. What a nice woman. She likes to talk. A lot. Call me back if you still value your reputation. And Seunghyunnie. Don’t forget to wear your clean undies” she press the red button and laugh triumphantly.

 

Dara can’t stop smiling for the rest of the day. It may start out a little rough but things were definitely brightening up.

 

--

 

Dara was reading some fashion magazine when Seunghyun finally called her. She put down the magazine and answers the phone smiling.

 

“What did my mom tell you?” he asks without any greetings.

 

“Well hello to you too. I had a great day today. Thanks for asking” Dara replied with a teasing voice.

 

“What did my mom tell you?” Seunghyun repeated, his voice is demanding.

 

“You know, your mother is nothing like I expected.. She certainly doesn’t have any hesitation on telling information about her son.”

 

Seunghyun groaned getting impatient. “Geez. Don’t tell me she told you about the dolls”

 

“Dolls?” Dara exclaimed in delight.

 

“! Tell me what did my mom told you!”

 

“Wait wait.. Let’s talk more about the dolls. Did you play dress with them and comb their hair?” she teased.

 

“Dara” Seunghyun warned.

 

“How old were you when you play with them? 12?” she asked innocently.

 

Seunghyun can only sigh heavily. “She told you about the bed wetting thing, didn’t she?”

 

Dara chuckled in delight. She loved having the upper hand. “Hmm.. why don’t we trade information. You tell me what you talk about Woobin and I’ll tell you what your mom told me”

 

“Fine. You have a deal” Seunghyun muttered.

 

Dara beamed once she heard that Seunghyun agree. “Excellent. You first undie boy”

 

“He invited you to visit him next week. He said he can give you a tour in the campus. Your turn” Seunghyun said.

 

“Hold on. What’s your response?” she asked.

 

“Nothing” he quickly denied. That made suspicions to Dara.

 

“Seunghyun, I’m not stupid ok? Tell me now and don’t lie or I will call your mom instantly!” Dara threatened.

 

“Well played. Fine. I told him I want to check the campus too and he invited me t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter