HEY

Accidentally Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Whoever said t time heals all wounds never encountered Seunghyun Choi the Fourth. It seems the longer she went without talking to him, the harder it became. He contacts me on the first week of our break up but then he stops. She is okay when its day time since Bom is always there to accompany and entertain her. However her evenings were different story. Without anything keeping her occupied, her mind drifted to Seunghyun. She never realized how integral their nightly routine of FaceTime and texts had become. Why did she didn’t responds to his messages when he is reaching out to me.

 

For two weeks, the silence mocked her. It became a constant ache that ate away and left feeling hollow. She tried to fill the gap, but nothing worked. Even reading had lost some of its pleasure. She couldn’t couch a romance book without her chest seizing up.

 

If that wasn’t bad enough, Eric’s been bugging me to come with him for the party that football team throw to her brother showing that their respect to him didn’t wither even though a bad events happened on the game, resulting to their lost. She doesn’t want to go to the party and if she will go to a party. She wants it to be with him. Seunghyun. Her Seunghyun.

 

As Dara made her way to the campus her feet slowed down as she can see who is pacing up and down in front of my next class room was Jinwoo. He looked nervous as he chewed on his nails.

 

“Jinwoo?” she asked in surprise. He’d been avoiding her since she learned about his connection to Seunghyun. “What are you doing here?”

 

He immediately stopped pacing and dropped his hand from his mouth. “I came to see you.” his eyes turned shifty as they darted around the hallway. Satisfied that no one was listening. “Can we talk? Privately?”

 

She had a pretty good idea what he wanted to say. “Listen, you don’t have to worry. I’m not going to tell oppa you’re related to” her voice dropped to a low whisper, “you know who. Your secret is safe with me.”

 

“! I didn’t even think about that. Dongwook hyung would go ballistic if he knew. Thanks for not spilling me out.”

 

Taken aback, her brows pulled down into frown. “Then what did you want to talk about?”

 

“It’s about Fourth Hyung.”

 

Her posture stiffened as she gave him a wary look. “What about him?”

 

“He… well, you see… I… uh...”

 

Dara resisted the urge to shake the words right out of him. Instead, she leaned against the wall and patiently waited for him to spit out what he had to say.

 

“He’ll kill me if he finds out that I talked to you about him.” Jinwoo finally confessed.

 

“Technically you haven’t said anything yet.” She pointed out.

 

“He’ll know. He always knows.”

 

“Hey you can still walk away with your life fully intact. No one has to find out we had this conversation.” She drew a giant X over her heart. “Promise.”

 

His eyes flashed with determination as he pounded a fist against his palm. “No. I can’t let fear rule me. I need to be brave in these troubled times. Besides, everyone’s counting on me. I can’t let them down.”

 

“There’s multiple people involved in this?” she asked sounding perplexed.

 

“I was the only one who volunteered to talk to you.”

 

“Taking one for the team. You’re real hero.” She told him dryly.

 

He shook his head and let out a grave sigh. “Don’t put me on a pedestal, Dara. My intentions are purely selfish.”

 

Amused Dara pushed herself off the wall and stood directly in front of him. “Is there something you would like to tell me, Jinwoo? Because my patience is starting to run thin.”

 

He closed his eyes and drew in a deep breath. When he opened, he blurted out, “you need to talk to Fourth. He’s driving the family insane. He never leave his room, he keeps alternating between metallic music to sad country music borderlines on suicidal. He keeps on calling your name when he is sleeping while tears are running down on his face! Now he doesn’t want to sleep anymore because he said every time he closes his eyes he can see your face and I ask him about his choice of music and he said when its quiet all he hears is your voice.”

 

“Aren’t you exaggerating a little?”

 

“Exaggerating? His parents wants to send Fourth hyung to live with us! They don’t want him to be alone on this time!”

 

“You live a town over.”

 

“Listen to me, I refuse to share a room with that slob. He’ll have everything coated in marshmallow and sugar in seconds. Plus I don’t want to hear your name over and over again. You’re the one who broke him, so now you’re the one who has to fix him!”

 

“Jinwoo,” she sighed. She want to say more, but a very excited Bom suddenly appeared between them. Bouncing up and down on the balls of  her feet, she shouted, “you’ll never guess what just happened!”

 

Wincing, Dara put her hands on Bom’s shoulders to keep her still. “I think you’ve had too many cookies today. Perhaps we should cut back on your sugar intake.”

 

“One too many?” Jinwoo muttered. “Try a whole box full.”

 

Bom whipped around to point a finger at him. “Traitor! You’re the one who gave them to me!”

 

“I brought the box to give you one or two. I didn’t think you’d eat the whole thing!” Jinwoo exclaimed.

 

“You said they were for me.”

 

Arching a brow, Jinwoo leveled her a look. “You know, there is this term called sharing.”

 

“Never heard of it.” Bom sniffed. “Sounds painful though.”

 

“Wait, you two know each other?” Dara interjected. Both stopped their arguing and turned to her with guilty expressions.

 

“We might have met time or two this past week.” Bom admitted.

 

“I need her advice.” Jinwoo piped in.

 

Dara’s gaze sharpened as she put her hands on her hips and slowly tilted her head. “About what exactly?”

 

Jinwoo gulped. “You and Fourth.”

 

“Were over.” She stated.

 

He hesitated a moment before asking, “Are you? From what I’ve heard you’ve developed an unhealthy relationship with your phone.”

 

“I’m just checking my messages.” she said grinding her teeth. “I don’t want to miss anything! There’s nothing wrong with that!”

 

He gave her a knowing look. “If that’s the case, then why do you keep rereading all of Fourth’s old texts?”

 

The muscle in Dara’s jaw spasm as she tore her eyes away from Jinwoo and fixed them on her best friend.

 

“Calm down. It’s not what you think.” Bom said sensing her mood.

 

“I think you sold me out for a box of corn cookies!”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter