HALFTRUTH

Accidentally Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You are going to answer that?” Taeyang asked from the front of the store. He unlocked the door and flipped the sign, declaring The Shack is open for business. Dara didn’t even bother to look at her phone. She knew who it was. The same person who’d been calling her for the past hour. She hadn’t talked to Seunghyun in two days. Not a text, not a phone call. Nothing.

 

“Seems like someone really wants to talk to you.” he added offhandedly.

 

“Since when did you become Mr. Nosey?”

 

“Since I’ve had to endure hearing your annoying ringtone for the third time.”

 

“Fourth” she corrected. Not that she was counting or anything.

 

He walked to the backroom with a stack of papers. “Just pick up the damn phone or silent it!”

 

“Glad I came to work today!” she sarcastically say.

 

“Talking to yourself already?” Bom commented, strolling into the store carrying a large tote.

 

“Hey” she greeted in surprise. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Doing my duty as a best friend and offering you moral support.”

 

“I’m fine.”

 

“Not from what I witnessed.” She plunked down a thin, black book. “Good thing I stopped by the library and got you this.”

 

Dara picked it up and read the cover. “The five stages of Grief:  tips on how to survive your emotional journey” her eyebrows shot up. “Seriously?”

 

“I stayed up all night reading it and I’m one hundred percent ready”

 

“Ready for what?”

 

A smile lightened on Bom’s face, “I am so glad you asked that.

 

Step one Denial.” She pulled a quarter with a piece of paper glued to each side and the word revenge written in bright red. “Every time you are in denial just look at this coin and remember he used you.”

 

“Step two is anger” she pulls out a printed picture of Seunghyun and took out some darts on his bag pocket.

 

“I think that’s a little extreme.” Dara remarked.

 

“Step three Bargaining” Bom grabbed Dara’s phone and fiddled around it and when she found she’s looking for she show it to me. “I deleted his number and all his text messages so you won’t be tempted to contact him.”

 

Dara felt a moment of panic rising at the thought of all those texts gone, but she forced it down. This was good. She wouldn’t obsess over them at night when she was trying to sleep.

 

“Step four is depression. Which I won’t going to take away from you. You need to cry and let it all out Dara but after that here comes the step five which is my favorite. Acceptance.”

 

Dara reached over the counter and hugged her. “I love you”

 

“It would be hard not too”

 

Her phone rang again, numbers pop up on the screen. Before she knew what was happening, Bom grabbed it and answered. “Listen here you scumbag, Dara doesn’t want to see you anymore so I suggest you to stop calling.” Bom said and hang up.

 

“What did he say?”

 

“I didn’t give him a chance right?” Bom said with a smirk.

 

“I think you enjoyed that”

 

“It got my blood flowing” she pumped her arms.

 

Dara laugh at her antics. “Go home. I’m good” she said when Bom yawned.

 

“You sure?”

 

“Positive. Catch up on your sleep. I’ll call you later.”

 

2 hours later, Dara was helping a customer when she heard her name being shouted.

 

“Sandara!”

 

She looked over to see Seunghyun pushing his way through the crowd of customers. His hair was mussed and his clothes were in disarray, but that was nothing compared to the look of pure aggravation on his face.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

His eyes shot daggers. “You weren’t answering my calls!”

 

“So you decide to track me down at work?”

 

“Well, you weren’t exactly rolling out the welcome carpet anywhere else. I took what I could find.”

 

“Go away Seunghyun. I don’t want to talk to you.” she shouldered past him, but he just followed her through crowd.

 

Grabbing her arm from behind, he hissed in her ear. “Will you just listen to me for a second?”

 

“No!”

 

“You’re being rude.”

 

“Let me repeat myself. Go away.” She wretched her arm out of his grasp and walks away again.

 

Seunghyun shakes his head and huffed. “You know what? Fine. Be that way. Just know beneath all that righteous indignation. You are nothing but a hypocrite!”

 

She stopped in her tracks. “What did you call me?”

 

“You heard me. You are HYPOCRITE!”

 

“How dare you!” she snapped.

 

“Oh I dare all right. Do you remember what you made me swear when we are in the hallway of Bruins?”

 

“What does that have anything to do with—“

 

“YOU made me promise that I would talk to you before jumping to conclusions!” he said loudly, taking over her. “But it appears those sam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter