ABSOLUTEFOOL

Accidentally Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Come in”

 

Dongwook poked his head in her room and gave her a cautious smile. “Hey sis”

 

“Hey” she replied carefully, aware that the friction was still there between the two of them.

 

“I brought you dinner” he said while holding a large plate in his hands.

 

Dara gave him a small smile. “Thanks” she said graciously, accepting the plate of food. “What did you tell to the parentals?”

 

Dongwook shrugged his shoulders and leaned against the doorway. “Just told them you were tired and needed sleep.”

 

“Thanks for covering for me. I really didn’t want to sit through dinner being questioned by mom about the weekend”

 

“Well, instead of you. She kept asking me questions”

 

“Sorry”

 

“It’s cool” he said casually, looking at everything in her room but her.

 

Dara laughed inwardly at how uncomfortable Dongwook looked. She knew that the plate of food had been his way of apologizing. Probably for his behavior in the car earlier. “Are you going to stand there like a dork or are you going to keep me company while I eat?” she asked showing she accepting his apology.

 

Relief flashed across his face. “So.. How’s your trip? Anything interesting happen?”

 

Dara shook her head in amusement. She should have known he wouldn’t leave the issue of Fourth alone for long. “Do you remember that guy I accidently switched phones with at the fair?”

 

His brow lifted in surprise. “It was Fourth?” he asked in disbelief. “And you didn’t tell me?”

 

“I didn’t know! He told me his name was Seunghyun, not Fourth” she explained hastily.

 

“How could you not know? You’ve seen him”

 

Dara glared at her brother. “When did I saw him?”

 

“Have you or have you not been to all my football games?” Dongwook asked, while reaching over to grab a piece of bread to her plate.

 

Dara slapped his hands away like an annoying bug. “I’ve seen his helmet and back of his football jersey. Excuse me for not instantly recognizing him with all that padding!” she replied sharply.

 

Dongwook gave her a sheepish smile. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to accuse of anything. I know you wouldn’t have hung out with him if you had known. It’s just that guy gets my blood boiling. He is an !”

 

Dara looked down at her plate of food, a thread of doubt weaving its way into her mind. Would she have stopped seeing Seunghyun if she had known?

 

Dongwook must have caught her expression. “Dars” he sternly called her. “Don’t tell me you like that . He lied to you!”

 

Dara shrugged her shoulders, hoping he couldn’t see the truth. “I know”

 

“I’m serious Dara. You don’t want to get involved with this guy.”

 

“Why oppa? Because you don’t like him?” she retorted, angrily.

 

“Yes” Dongwook  snapped. “But it’s not just that. He’s a real piece of work when it comes to girls. I’ve heard more than one chick cry about how he bangs them and then leaves them.”

 

Dara huffed at the hypocrisy of his words. “And you don’t do the same thing? I know for a fact you use girls all the time? And don’t associate girls with a chick!”

 

“Yeah, but at least I’m upfront about it. Those girls know what they are getting into.”

 

Dara rolled her eyes. “And that makes it so much better?”

 

“Dara. I’m not joking.”

 

“I’m not either” Dara saw the concern in her brother’s eyes and sighed. “Oppa, stop worrying. I’m not dating him nor do I have any intention of dating him.”

 

“It’s not the dating I’m worried about” he muttered under his breath.

 

Dara punched his arm. “Dongwook oppa!”

 

“I just don’t want you to get hurt, Dars” he said gently, each word ringing with sincerity.

 

Some of Dara’s annoyance subside. How could she be irritated when he was only looking out for her? “I know oppa, don’t worry. I’ll be careful.”

 

--

 “you’re late” Taeyang said as she walked through the doors of The Surf Shack.

 

“Hello Taeyang” Dara replied brightly. “Nice to see you too. I’m doing fine. Thanks for asking”

 

Taeyang scowled at her mocking behavior. “Sean doesn’t pay you to be late.”

 

“You’re right” Dara nonchalantly responded as she stuffed her pursed under the counter. Taeyang glared at her first before leaving her to take his break.

 

Dara then walk out from the staff room and started working. She goes straight to the shelves when she heard a customer enter the store. She plastered a friendly smile on her face as she prepared to greet the patron. The smile immediately vanished once she saw Seunghyun strolling through the door. It has been two days since the incident on the train station and her anger was still very much alive.

 

“What are you doing here?” Dara asked. Not making an effort to reign in her antagonism. She had no desire to see or talk to him. His betrayal had cut deeply.

 

“All of my calls have been going straight to voicemail, so I thought I’d come talk to you in person.” He walked over to her, his steps confident and unwavering. No matter what type of death glares she threw at him.

 

“Did you ever think that it might been intentional?”

 

Seunghyun pretended to think. “No, not really.”

 

 

“Well, it was.” Dara claimed a hard edge to her voice.

 

 “you might want to be a little more gracious, baby doll. After all, I came all the way down here to give you a chance to apologize to me.”

 

“A-apologize?” D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter