IWILLFOLLOWHIM

Accidentally Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“If this is what busy looks like then I hate to see it empty.”

 

Dara turned from the rack she was to see Seunghyun, Seungri and Daesung walking into the store. “Hello to you too, Seungri.” She said instinctively knowing who made that remark.

 

He saluted her with fake smile plastered on his face. “At your beck and call, our Queen.” He held up a white paper bag and jiggled it. Seunghyun snatched it out of his hands and bent down to kiss her in the lips.

 

“The food smells amazing.”

 

All day the store had been packed with tourist. She barely had time to breath, much less close the shop, and get a bite to eat. During a quick break, she called Seunghyun and he offered to bring her lunch. However since then, the flow of customers had slow down and it was amongst vacant.

 

“It shouldn’t be that surprising. I excel in all aspects of life.” Seunghyun boasted.

 

Dara rolled her eyes and snake her arms on his neck and he automatically caged her in his arms. “Yes you’re the god of drive through cuisine. I bow down to your culinary greatness.”

 

Seunghyun laugh and kiss her once again. “I know I incite reverence and awe, but let’s not get carried away. The lowly commoners might become jealous and throw a fit.” His eyes flickered to his friends then back to her.

 

“This lowly commoner might throw something all right!” Seungri warned with narrow eyes.

 

“See what I mean?” Seunghyun sighed. “It’s so sad. Some people can’t handle the magnitude of my power.”

 

“I’ll show you magnitude.” Daesung mumbled under his breath as he rolled up his sleeves.

 

Not wanting a fight to break out in the store. Dara quickly said. “Thank you for getting me lunch. I really appreciate you doing this.”

 

Seunghyun rewarded her with a smile and peck on her lips once again before letting her go. “No problem baby doll.”

 

“Yeah.” Seungri interjected, glowering at Dara. “It wasn’t like we were in the middle of playing a worldwide video game tournament or anything.”

 

“Bitter much?” Daesung muttered

 

“We were at the semi-finals.” Seungri groused. “Then pretty boy over there gets a phone call and suddenly were losing and being dragged into the car so we can act as some type of personal delivery service.”

 

Seunghyun didn’t even glance at Seungri as his elbow shout out and hit him in the stomach. “Ignore him. He hasn’t taken his medication today.” He handed her the bag and large drink. “Where’s the crazy girl? I thought she was going to be here to help you?”

 

Dara sent him a warning look. “Bom should be here soon. Her class ends in a couple of minutes.” She looked over his shoulder to see Daesung sniffing his armpit. He prodded to Seungri and they walked down an aisle.

 

“And for the record, I wouldn’t be one to judge.” She said motioning over his friends who were now smelling various blocks of surfboard wax. They must have found one they liked because they lifted their shirt and started applying it like deodorant. “I may have one crazy best friend, but you have two. What’s your excuse?”

 

“there was two for one deal that day. Who can resist a great bargain?” He said and shrugged.

 

“Why am I not surprised? Well I would get a refund if I were you. Your purchase seems defective.”

 

Seunghyun’s phone started buzzing before he could respond. His profile tensed as he reached into his back pocket. Dara watched with a strong  interest as his expression quickly turned into a frown as he read whatever was on the screen.

 

“Everything okay?” she inquired, keeping her tone light and airy.

 

“umm..yes” he answered offhandedly as he typed something.

 

“Do you have somewhere to be? Or something to do?” Dara asked, hoping he’d open up to her.

 

“No nothing like that.” Seunghyun hit one more button before slipping it back into his jeans. He sent her a wide smile, but it didn’t have the usual effect. No butterflies, no heat. Instead it roused her curiosity. Who was he texting all the time? And why wouldn’t he tell her?

 

“What are you doing tomorrow night?” he asked, taking her hand and pulling her over to a stool. After making her sit he pulled out the contents of the bag. “I was thinking we could go geo-caching again after my football practice. There’s new cache I’ve been wanting to try.”

 

“Dongwook oppa and I are going shopping for our dad’s birthday gift. What about tonight?”

 

“I can’t. I made plans to hang out with my family.”

 

She grinned and squeezed his hand. “So you finally broke down and promised to spend quality time with your mom?” apparently she was constantly bugging him to spend time with her. He always complained about it. But Dara secretly thought he like the attention.

 

“Speaking of mothers…” a twinkled entered his eye as he cocked his head. “why didn’t you tell me you met mine?”

 

Her body froze. She had no intention of ever telling him about that mortifying encounter. “What are you talking about? I’ve never met your mother.”

 

“Nice try baby doll. But you’re a horrible liar. My mom saw our picture on my phone yesterday. She said you two met at the football game.”

 

“What else did she tell you?”

 

“That you seemed nice, but little shy” he shook his head and snorted. “She obviously didn’t spend much time with you.”

 

“You do realize I can change my mind about liking you right?”

 

He responded to her threat with his famous charming smile. “Your feelings aren’t easily swayed. Besides, who can resist me?” he pushed the plate of food towards her. “Eat. I’m going to make sure Seungri and Daesung isn’t scaring away any customers.”

 

“What customers? Your ego takes up the whole space.” She mumbles as he walked away. Her stomach let out a huge growl and she took a bite.

 

 Before she finish eating, Bom ran into the store.

 

Out of breath she leaned against the counter. “Sorry it took so long for me to get here. There was an accident on the freeway. I was going to stop and bring you some food but..” she trailed off when she noticed Dara eating.

 

“My Seunghyun brought it to me.” she said holding up the drink.

 

“I guess he’s good for one thing.” Bom grudgingly admitted. “Is he still here?”

 

“He’s around” Dara confirmed and waved a hand in his direction. “Just follow the smell of arrogance.”

 

“Trouble in paradise?” Bom looked a little too eager at the thought. “Because I have some great break-up lines I downloaded on my phone.”

 

“Maybe you should download a new personality.” Seungri said coming into view.

 

Bom’s lips thinned when she saw the three of them. “Oh gosh. The whole peanut gallery is here.”

 

“And we saved a spot just for you.” Seunghyun shot.

 

“Seunghyun-ie behave.” Dara said, feeling like a referee in a boxing match. They were constantly sniping with each other.

 

A group of tourist walked through the door and both girls went to assist them. By the time they finished, the boys had wandered off. After searching all over the store, she finally found them in the wetsuit section. Daesung and Seungri were looking through the racks while Seunghyun stood off to the side, typing on his phone.

 

“Dude why don’t you just tell her to stop texting you?” Daesung asked when Seunghyun’s phone vibrated again.

 

Dara stopped dead in her tracks. Her? The sender was a girl? Without thinking, she ducked behind a tall stack of boxes. Peering around, she saw Seunghyun grimace and rub back of his neck.

 

“I wish it was that easy.” He said ruefully. “But she’s relentless when she wants something. It only that I’ve managed to avoid her so far.”

 

“Why does she care anyway? It’s not any of her business.”

 

“You know how she is. She’s protective of someone she considers ‘hers’”

 

The palm of Dara’s hands started to become clammy as her heart raced. Are they talking about Jenny? Was she the mysterious texter? Did she want Seunghyun back?

 

“It doesn’t matter anyhow,” Seunghyun continued. “What done is done. There’s nothing she can do.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter