FOOTBALL

Accidentally Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“The game hasn’t even started yet. Calm down..” Bom said, putting a hand on Dara’s knee. “You keep twitching like that and people are going to think you’re on something.”

 

“I can’t help it.” she jiggled her other leg, expelling some of the tension building up inside her.

 

Every minute that passed increased her anxiety. It didn’t help that the football stands were jammed pack. She couldn’t move without getting trampled. Her toes could attest to that fact. They were already starting to turn black and blue.

 

Her eyes travelled to the opposite side of where she is sitting. Sitting in the visitor bleachers was the Trojans fans. They were just as patriotic, their side was a sea of red and gold. It went to show how widespread this rivalry went. To Dongwook oppa and Seunghyun it might be personal, but to everyone else it was a chance to rally and support their own schools.

 

At the far end of the field near the gold post, she could see the Trojans players. They were warming up, stretching and passing the ball. She look for Seunghyun’s number, but they were too far. Pulling out her phone, she sent him a quick text, wishing him a good luck. Although she sat at her brother’s side, she still supports Seunghyun. She refused to pick one over the other.

 

“I don’t see why you’re nervous. It’s just a game.” Bom commented.

 

Normally, she’d agree with her, but not this time. “You saw my brother. He’s itching for a fight.”

 

Bom waved her hand at the field. “The refs would interfere before blood started flying or even clothes.”

 

“And that supposed to make me feel better?” she didn’t want anyone to end up in the emergency room.

 

“I know” she said with a sigh. “It’s a shame but I brought my camera just in case.”

 

“Bommie!”

 

She looked up, her eyes wide. “Those pictures could go for a lot of money on the black market.”

 

“Maybe we should have that talk about where you’ve been spending your time..”

 

“Speaking of talks…” she angled her body. “Don’t you think it’s a tiny bit suspicious how Seunghyun acted today?”

 

“A little.” Dara admitted with a nod. “But he knows I don’t like going to parties and would feel uncomfortable if I went.”

 

Bom rolled her eyes. “I’m not even going to touch on that landmine. I’m talking about the stunt he pulled with his friends and then sticking around to see you.”

 

“So?” she asked, humoring her. She didn’t see anything wrong with him waiting for her. In fact she found it romantic. No guy had ever made such an effort to be with her.

 

“He could have gotten in serious trouble if he’d been caught. So why the hell did he take the chance to stick around and wait fifteen minutes for you, instead of getting the heck out of there?”

 

Dara look at Bom. She was serious. A part of her wondered if she was creating problems for the sole reason of not liking Seunghyun. “Are you saying I’m not worth it?” she crossed her arms. “Because if I remember correctly that’s one of the things you hate about Damon. How he didn’t appreciate me enough.”

 

“That’s not the point!”

 

Dara sighed. “I think you’re over thinking. He probably texted me as soon as he got on campus. When I didn’t answer, he went about his business and then waits for me at the hallway.”

 

“I have a theory.. That Seunghyun wanted to be caught.”

 

“That doesn’t make sense.”

 

“He wanted Dongwook to find you two together right before the big game. It would rouse Dongwook’s temper and ensure he lost the game. Think about it. It’s the perfect revenge, use Dongwook’s sister to get back at him for what Dongwook did with Jenny.”

 

“You’re way off” Dara raised a brow. “Dongwook oppa already know about us. It would make no difference if he saw us today or not.”

 

“But how did he know where are we that time?”

 

Dara kept silent. “One betrayal after another” Bom added.

 

“He’s not like that.” Dara stand up. “I’m going to bathroom.”

 

“You want me to come?”

 

“No”

 

Doubt plagued her as she made her way through the crowd of people and into the bathroom. Just when she thought she had it all figured out, a wrench was thrown in. did Seunghyun have a master plan all along? Was he using her to hurt her brother?

 

She didn’t feel played. His words and actions seem genuine. Their chemistry. Good god their chemistry. No one could fake that. Confused and frustrated she let out a loud groan.

 

“Is everything ok in there?” a voice said outside her stall.

 

Dara’s face flamed. How embarassing!

 

“I have some Tums if you need ‘em, Dah-lin” the lady from outside the stall voiced again.

 

“Uhmm. I’m good” she replied. The faucet and Dara prayed the lady would be quick. With her ear pressed against the door, she waited and waited and waited.

 

What the heck was taking her so long? Dara thought to herself. The game was minutes away. And to prove her point her phone was buzzing.

 

Stupid Oppa

Where are you? I went to do our ritual and you were gone!

 

Bommie

Did you fall in the toilet again?

 

Stupid Oppa

Are you on Choi’s side? I can’t believe you would do that to me!!

 

My Seunghyun

You vanished into thin air. Did seeing me in my uniform prove too much for you? ;)

If you come back, I’ll try tone down my animal magnetism.

 

Bommie

Should I call 911?

 

Bracing the humiliation that would surely come, she lifted the latch and walked out. The lady who was no more than five feet tall, stood in front of the mirror. She looks like a college student. She is wearing a skinny jeans, cowboy boots and a Trojans Jersey. But when she turned around Dara could tell she was older. The woman smiled, nearly blinding her with its radiance. Wow. She was absolutely stunning.

 

“hi there Shu-gah’,” the lady said.

 

Her voice sounded so familiar. She wracked her brain trying to remember where she heard it.

 

“You doing okay?”

 

The ladies eyes danced as she spoke, life leaping out of those vivid brown eyes. That’s when it hit her. Her boyfriend sported the exact same eyes. This was Seunghyun’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter