4HRSJOURNEY II

Accidentally Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seunghyun was rumbling his duffle when something yellow caught her attention. Dara leaned forward to get a better look inside. “Are those peeps?” she asked on dismay as she saw packs of yellow sugarcoated bunny, stuffed in his bag.

 

“I may or may not be addicted to them”

 

“To peeps?” Dara clarified. “The marshmallow substance that comes in the form of little colored bunny?”

 

“They come in chicks too” Seunghyun stated defensively.

 

“Because that makes it so much better” she pulled his bag onto her lap to take a closer look. “Good god. How many did you bring?”

 

Seunghyun rubbed the back of his neck looking slightly embarrassed. “Just nine or ten packs?”

 

Nine or ten packs? Was he crazy? Each pack had five peeps in them. That was a total of forty five to fifty peeps. “You know were only staying for two days, right?”

 

Seunghyun narrowed his eyes and yanked his duffle back. “Haven’t you ever heard the motto ‘always be prepared?”

 

“Haven’t you ever heard the term grocery store?” she instantly fires back.

 

“We’re going to Santa Barbara. Who knows what those rich people carry. They probably only eat Marzipans or some crap like that.” He pulled out a brown paper bag and handed it to her.

 

She looked inside and saw a heart shape sandwich along with a juice pack and a banana. Guess his mom really did cut his sandwich into shapes. “Aren’t you going to eat any?”

 

Seunghyun ripped open a pack of peeps. “I have my breakfast right here baby”

 

“Seunghyun it’s eight in the morning!”

 

He raised his brow. “Your point is?”

 

“It’s too early for that much of sugar”

 

Seunghyun then stuffed a whole peep in his mouth, his expression softened as he chewed and swallowed. Wow. He really did love those things.

 

“So good” he murmured and picked up another one.

 

As Dara started to eat the sandwich. She began to realize how little she actually knew about him. Sure, they talked on the phone a lot but majority of the time, it was about superficial topics. They never really spoke about their lives. Where did he live? What is his course? Does he have a girlfriend? Dara scowled at the thought. Knowing him, he probably had half a dozen of them, all on rotating schedule.

 

“Why are you frowning, baby doll? It isn’t a good look for you”

 

“I just realized I don’t really know you” Dara quickly explained leaving out the part where she was wondering about his relationship status. She didn’t want him to think that she actually cared. Because she didn’t. Not at all. “Who exactly is Seunghyun?”

 

He coughed looking like he was going to choke. He took a quick swig of water before clearing his throat. “I’m just me”

 

“And whose that?” she questioned. “What do you do for fun? How old are you? Do you have a job? Where do you go to school?”

 

“Would you like to know my credit score too?” he asked wryly.

 

She shot him a look. “You know what I mean. We’ve only known each other for two weeks and haven’t even talked for half of that. I don’t know what day you were born!”

 

“Well it was a drizzly Monday morning-“

 

“Seunghyun!” she griped. “I’m serious!”

 

He threw his hands up in surrender. “Okay, okay fine. I was born on November 4. I’m nineteen years old. I’m a sophomore in college and I have a 3.5 GPA. My parents are Jaehee and Taewoo and we are originally from Texas. My favorite color is turquoise and I hate color purple. I love action movies but hate thrillers” he paused. “Happy now?”

 

Dara shooked her head. “I want to know more”

 

“Then can we at least ask some interesting questions?”

 

“Like what?”

 

“Like..” he paused and then said. “If you were immortal for a day, what would you do?”

 

“That’s your question?” she asked in disbelief.

 

“Oh come on! It’ll be fun! And way more interesting” he tilted his head and looked up at her through his eyelashes, batting them like a professional flirt. “Please baby doll” he pleaded.

 

Dara sighed. The boy was way too handsome for his own good. “Fine” Dara conceded with obvious reluctance.

 

Seunghyun smiled smugly, as if he already knew she would cave to his request. “I’ll go first. If I was immortal for a day, I would street race, fast and furious style. What about you?”

 

“I would probably try to save lives”

 

Seunghyun scoffed in response. “None of that bleeding heart humanitarian crap. Be selfish. If you could do anything in the world and not die, what would you do? Come on there’s so many options. Skydive without parachute? Go swimming with sharks? Climb mountain Everest?”

 

Dara bit her lip, staying silent for a couple moments. “I would probably go running with the bulls in Spain” she confessed.

 

Seunghyun face brightened. “That’s a good one. I hadn’t thought about that. Now your turn to ask a question.”

 

“Okay if you were stuck on a desert island and could only bring three things, what would they be?”

 

“Oh that’s easy” Seunghyun boasted. “I would bring a tent, an axe and of course a playboy or Maxim magazine” he playfully winked at Dara.

 

“Of course you would” Dara said dryly. “Who cares

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter