LITTLEDEVIL

Accidentally Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Wow” Dara murmured as she sat down on the metal chair. “This campus is gorgeous”

 

They had spent most of the afternoon touring the campus and different building of UCSB. Dara was amazed to see how many bicycles were on campus. Thousands of them! They even had walkaways deemed as ‘bicyclists only’. Now they were at a small sandwich shop that had an outdoor patio. Which overlooked the ocean. It was absolutely breathtaking!”

 

Woobin sent her a knowing grin. “I knew you would love it. You can transfer here Dara. It has everything you like. Beaches. Good food. Relaxed environment plus two libraries” he winked. “Which means tons of books for your viewing pleasure.”

 

“You’re bio major right Woobin?” Seunghyun butted in forcing Woobin’s attention away from Dara.

 

“I’m a biochemistry and molecular biology major” Woobin politely corrected.

 

“Isn’t that the same thing?” he asked in a silent challenge.

 

“Not exactly. It’s a combination of biology and chemistry”

 

Seunghyun leaned forward in his sear. “But you’re graduating as a biology major right? From what I understand bio-chem is a sub-discipline of biology”

 

“You’ve done your homework” he said lightly. “Technically speaking you are correct. I am a biology major”

 

“That’s what I thought” Seunghyun said as his mouth lifted as if he just won a battle,

 

“However, as a biochem and molecular biology major, I have to take more chemistry and physics courses than most regular biology students”

 

“I bet that isn’t a hardship for you” Dara interjected, wanting to be part of the conversation. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Seunghyun roll his eyes but she ignored him. “You always loved going to those classes in high school. I remember one time you had 101 degree temperature and you refused to go home till after your chemistry class”

 

Woobin look at her in surprise. “You remember that?”

 

Dara ducked her head as her cheeks turned light shade of pink. Ofcourse she remembered everything about him. From his favorite color to what kind of meat he liked to his sandwich.

 

Seunghyun made a sound of disgust and instantly, Dara’s head popped up. He was staring at her intently, his brown eyes flashing with irritation. When their eyes met, his irritation morphed into a gleam that was purely predatory. It made the hairs on Dara’s arm stand on end.

 

“All I remember from that day was finishing the test in fifteen minutes” Woobin continued, ignoring his companions locked gazes. “I was so surprise to find out that I got an A- on it.”

 

Seunghyun gave her flirty wink before tearing his eyes away. “I heard most biology majors take five or six years to graduate because the classes are so packed”

 

Dara felt a surge of annoyance. He had been trying to provoke Woobin all afternoon. During the entire tour, Seunghyun had made unnecessary and passive aggressive comments about the campus, and anything else he could think of.

 

And when he is not needling Woobin, he will always hold me closely to him and He would open a door for her too. He even suddenly pulled me to a hug earlier, saying that a bicycle was about to run her over, even though there had been a good two feet between her and the bike. He is acting weird!

 

Woobin sent Seunghyun a pleasant smile. “Not necessarily. It depends on what type of classes you are taking and how well you plan your four years here. Luckily for me, I haven’t had any trouble getting into the classes I want”

 

“Is that because biochem and molecular biology isn’t that popular?”

 

Woobin sent him a sideways glance. “Yes and no”

 

“I heard that the more popular a major is, the better its program”

 

“Seunghyun!” Dara exclaimed. How could he be so rude? He was practically insinuating that Woobin’s program was terrible. She glanced at Woobin, a hint of worry in her eyes.

 

“What?” he cried out, his tone defensive. “I’m just saying. The bigger programs usually get more funding and that means better equipment, better professors, and better research. It’s not my fault no one cares about unpopular majors”

 

Instead of taking offense, like Dara thought he would, Woobin just chuckled. “That’s all very true. Fortunately biochemistry is part of biology so we get funding. In fact, our department is ranked amongst those at Harvard, Stanford and Berkley”

 

“Really?” Seunghyun asked. “That’s surprising considering how academically challenging these universities are”

 

Dara’s jaw dropped. What the hell!

 

“So, are you in college already too?”

 

Seunghyun smirked at him and straighten his sit. “Do I look like high school to you?”

 

Woobin laugh at Seunghyun not minding his attitude. “Sorry. What college you are in?”

 

Seunghyun looks uncomfortable at the question. “Well uhmm” his eyes darted quickly on Dara. “Just some college”

 

“Do you have plan on moving to universities?” Dara asks.

 

“I don’t want to talk about it!” he nonchalantly said.

 

Dara sighed at his arrogance. “Sometimes I don’t know whether to laugh or pity you”

 

“Oh I have a good idea baby doll” he suggested in a low voice, while wagging his eyebrow.

 

Dara’s temper flared. “I have a good idea too” she looked down at his lap and then used her fingers to form a pair of scissors. “snip, snip”

 

Seunghyun laugh loudly. “Oh baby doll, you don’t want to do that. There are certain things only men can offer”

 

The gall of him!! She smiles sweetly at him. “You’re right. Sometimes I need only what you can provide, Seunghyun”

 

He raised an eyebrow at her change of tone. “Oh yeah? What’s that?”

 

“ABSENCE!”

 

Woobin then coughed loudly, trying to disguise his laughter. His eyes were twinkling with amusement. “You guys should take this act on the road. You could make a fortune.”

 

Dara bit her lip. She had completely forgotten Woobin was even there. How embarrassing! She hoped Woobin didn’t think her juvenile or immature.

 

“So Seunghyun, what’s your course?” Woobin questioned, bringing the topic of conversation back around.

 

“Architecture” he simply said.

 

“Great course”

 

Seunghyun sipped on his drink and shifted his sit. “It is nice but if I really want to major in history”

 

Dara’s eyes widened.  “You’re a history buff?” she asked in disbelief.

 

Seunghyun’s eyes flickered with annoyance. “Is that so hard to believe?”

 

Dara pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter