UCANTFORCEME

Accidentally Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Who the hell tells someone they are going on a date?” Dara cried out in annoyance. She looked over at Bom who was lying on the floor next to her. As soon as she got home from the park, Bom come over so they can both help each other on their homework but in reality, she was there so they could discuss Seunghyun.

 

“The same person who manages to apologize and not apologize all in the same breath.” Bom replied with a touch of admiration.

 

Dara narrowed her eyes. “Stop sounding so impressed.”

 

Bom ignored her. “Do you think he would agree to give me lessons? I could really use that Jedi mind trick when my mom finds out I’ve eaten gluten.”

 

“I think she’s fully aware” Dara informed her. Bom wasn’t exactly inconspicuous about her eating habits.

 

“I could be the Luke Skywalker to his Obi-wan Kenobi.” Bom’s eyes grew distant as she became lost in her fantasy. “He could teach me how to use the force.”

 

“He is not a Jedi master!”

 

“Or so he wants you to believe.” Bom countered in a knowing tone.

 

Dara rolled her eyes. Someone had been spending too much time on Wookieepedia.

 

“He can’t just order me to go on a date with him. I’m not a dog who obeys its master’s every command” she hadn’t even forgiven him yet and he was already inserting himself into her life. She was beginning to realize that Seunghyun didn’t understand the concept of boundaries. If she gave him an inch, he would take a mile.

 

“So what are you going to do?”

 

Dara’s expression turned smug. “I’m going to show him what it’s like to be controlled.” She needed to regain some control in the relationship or whatever it was they had. Right now he was the one making all the decisions. If she wanted to be on even footing with him. She would need to show him that her bark was just as real as her bite.

 

“How are you going to do that?” Bom asked.

 

“By giving him a taste of his own medicine.” Dara answered as he grabbed her laptop, she outlined her plan to Bom. It wasn’t complicated but it would hopefully get the message across.

 

“I thought you were against revenge. Isn’t that what you told Dongwook?”

 

“It’s not revenge” she replied as she logged into Craigslist. “It’s teaching a very important lesson to an extremely arrogant boy”

 

“My, My” Bom drawled. “Interesting how people rationalize their actions”

 

“I’m not rationalizing” she rebuffed hotly. The situation was clearly different Dongwook had interfered in something that wasn’t his business. He had no right to play that hoax on Seunghyun. She however had every right to. 

 

Bom turned her head and cupped her ear. “What was that? I think I hear denial knocking on your door.”

 

Dara threw a pillow at her. “So you don’t think I should do this?” she asked.

 

“I didn’t say that. The boy deserves a good kick in the rear.” She leaned back against Dara’s bed taking the pillow with her. “I just don’t think you should be angry with Dongwook for glad wrapping Seunghyun’s car”

 

Dara frowned at Bom’s defense. “Do you like my brother or something?”

 

Bom’s face twisted. “It’s a little hard to develop a crush on a guy you’ve seen running around , screeching about a spider in the bathtub”

 

She let out a chuckle. “I remember that. We were six”

 

“Trust me, no matter how old we were the image is burned in my brain.” Bom said dryly. “My point is that while Dongwook probably shouldn’t have pulled that prank, I think he did it with the right intentions.”

 

“Please. He used me as an excuse to get back at Seunghyun. You know how bias he is. He has tunnel vision when it comes to him.”

 

“Do you remember when Damon sported that black eye a few weeks after he dumped you?”

 

Dara nodded. It had been a big mystery. Damon refused to say where he got it, but the rumor didnt says where he got it. But now that she thought about it, he had avoided her ever since. “Wait a second. Are you telling me it was Dongwook oppa?”

 

Bom gave her a firm nod. “He wanted to make sure Damon kept his mouth shut. He didn’t want him spreading nasty rumors because you wouldn’t have with him.”

 

“But how did he know?” she hadn’t mention the reasons behind their breakup to anyone and as far as he knew neither Damon.

 

She looked at Bom who was staring at the carpet with a fixed expression. “You told him?”

 

Her best friend lifts her head in guilt. “I overheard Damon talking smack about you in the lunch line one day. He was telling his friends that you were a sloppy kisser and he couldn’t.. well..you know”

 

Dara’s spine stiffened. She was not a bad kisser! And most certainly she could get it up. He had on many occasions. She had been the one to stop the make out sessions once his hand started to wander.

 

“I would have punched him myself if I thought it would create any damage. But I don’t have the muscle for it. So, I went to someone who did.”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” she won

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter