The Unicorn

Park Chanyeol vs. Her 7 Exes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-

Chanyeol went to the café that Sunday afternoon, hoping that he could pretend to be her friend again so she’ll come and see him. But of course, things don’t work like that. He, again, encountered Naeun the waitress who recognized him right away. “You’re Eunji eonni’s friend,” she said as she placed a menu book in front of the entrance so people could take a glimpse at it before entering.

“I . . . I guess,” Chanyeol replied.

“She’s not going to be here until nine tonight,” Naeun told him.

“I thought that I-uh . . .” he scratched the back of his head, “Could get her number from you.”

Naeun giggled. “Eonni doesn’t just give her number to random people.” Chanyeol opened his mouth to answer but Naeun continued, “However since she likes you, I think it is okay to give it.” She proceeded to slide her hand into her jeans pocket and took her phone out.

It took Chanyeol quite a while to process what the girl just said. “Like?” he asked as Naeun scrolled through her contacts list.

Naeun looked up and tilted her head. “‘Like’ as in, ‘interested in,’ as in ‘as friends,’” she tried her best to explain, “To befriend you! She’s interested in befriending you.”

“Does she? For real?”

“Give her a call and find out, then.” Naeun dictated the numbers slowly as Chanyeol punched in the numbers into his own phone. “Noted?” she asked. He gave her a nod and a smile.

“Thank you so much . . .” he glanced at Naeun’s nametag and continued, “Miss Son Naeun.”

“You are welcome.” She returned the smile and watched his back as he left, eagerness was radiating from inside him.

-

When Eunji woke up, her still-blurry vision caught sight of a boy sitting straight on her couch and was staring while patiently waiting for her to completely regain her wakefulness. “Good morning, sunbae!” The boy—or guy, since he was already 20, an age considered as adult in the country—said. “How are you feeling?”

“What the . . .” Eunji almost certainly had forgotten that she was the person who brought in the guy in the first place. “When did you wake up?”

“Around two hours ago,” he answered, all giddy-giddy. She glanced at her alarm clock that showed a quarter pass 12 in the afternoon and then grunted in response. “How was your sleep, sunbae?”

“Gosh, Kang Seungyoon, you need to stop talking in that jolly kind of tone,” she got off her bed and started making her way to the bathroom to wash her face, “It’s annoying.” The door slammed shut and Eunji spared some time to intently gaze at her reflection in the mirror.

‘I should quickly send that kid home,’ she thought. There was a mere half a year difference regarding age between the both of them, but Eunji had gotten used to calling him ‘kid’ that it became a habit that she couldn’t get rid of even until now.

~

“Hello, Eunji-sunbae.” The stalker that Eunji feared was actually . . .

“Kang Seungyoon.” Though it had been a long time, his name was still jammed in her mind.  “What on earth are you doing here? Moreover, why are you stalking me?” She shouldn’t be surprised if Seungyoon was stalking her, she should have understood.

“I came here to visit you,” he casually said. “It has been a long time, hasn’t it?” Seungyoon grinned foolishly at Eunji and made her roll eyes hard.

“When did you get here? Are you alone? Where are you staying?”

Seungyoon somehow blushed and then said, “I didn’t expect you to ask.”

“Don’t assume I’m worried about you, kid,” Eunji snapped. “I just don’t want to be accused of kidnapping.”

“Gee, sunbae, I’m twenty now, not seventeen, I could take care of myself,” he replied. “I got here 5 days ago by myself and I stayed at a goshiwon.”

“Stayed?”

“I ran out of money this morning so I currently have no place to stay.”

Eunji grunted and rolled her hands into fists. “I thought you’re twenty and able to look after yourself? How can you not bring enough money? This is a big place, for crying out loud!”

“I spent a lot of money to look for you!” Seungyoon countered.

“I didn’t ask you to!” Eunji countered back. “Gosh, you’re always such a pain in the .” But he was a part of her dating history, nonetheless. “You can stay with me tonight and I’ll deal with you tomorrow.”

“Yes!” Seungyoon exclaimed.

~

And that was how the boy was present when the girl opened her eyes in the morning.

“Sunbae!” Seungyoon exclaimed as soon as Eunji came out.

“What?” she snapped.

“Someone came by this morning—”

“Who?” Eunji cut him off. “Did you answer the door? You didn’t, right!?”

“Calm down,” he chuckles, “I did not answer the door and I do not know who it was.” Of course he wouldn’t know who it was, he knew no one here. “But I think the person left something on your doorstep, I saw him through the peephole.”

Eunji concluded right away that it was Jung Daehyun—and her breakfast—who paid a visit while she was still asleep. She turned around and marched toward the door to check. “I knew it,” she muttered as she bended down to pick the paper bag and now-cold coffee up palced in front of the door. “Here’s breakfast,” Eunji put the food and beverage on the kitchen counter, “Warm them in the microwave if you need to.”

Seungyoon got on his feet and walked toward her. “So it was breakfast delivery? Cool!”

She rolled her eyes and walked back to the bathroom to take a shower. “We’re leaving after this.”

-

No matter how much Chanyeol tried to reach out, his call cannot be made because the operator said that the number was out of service area or inactive at the moment. He tried another time before getting obstructed by an incoming call from Park Sooyoung. Somehow, Chanyeol hesitated for a while. ‘Should I answer?’ the devil side of him thought. His angel side contradicted with it, saying, ‘Why shouldn’t I, anyway? She’s my girlfriend,’

“Hey, Sooyoung,” he answered. “I was just about to call.” Yes, he was indeed. It was another girl that he was trying to reach out to, however.

Sooyoung giggled. “Good afternoon, oppa!” Sooyoung was always jovial and bright; he could even feel it from the phone speaker. This song called ‘Happiness’ by a recently debuted idol group would suit to be her life soundtrack. “Have you eaten lunch?”

“Yes, I have eaten. What about you?” Cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter