Forgive

Park Chanyeol vs. Her 7 Exes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-

“What did Seungyoon say?” Chanyeol eventually broke the ice that had built up in the room. “What did he really mean?” Eunji still couldn’t face him yet so she stared at the wall far ahead. “Why don’t you tell me the story as a whole? It’s confusing me. Really.”

“Look, Chanyeol,” she dared herself to look at him and returned his gaze, perplexed and utterly surprised, “What you heard is what happened. I am indeed that who done that. I’m truly ashamed right now and I don’t think I should even look at you in the eyes like this.” Eunji looked away once again and let out a heavy sigh.

“No, I mean . . . .” Chanyeol made a pause to think of a way to say the thoughts he had all jumbled up in his head. “I told you no matter how bad your past can be, I’d be by your side. But . . . it’s just . . . you’re still not completely honest with me. That’s what sad about this.”

He gently took her hand in his—she was shaking now, ready let a tear or two drop—and went on to say, “If you want things to work between us, please, please, be honest with me. Whatever it is, tell me. Honesty is one of the key points of a good relationship, don’t you think? So let’s start with that.”

Eunji couldn’t hold in the tears accumulated in her eyes anymore, she let them out in one go. This was her first step of being completely honest with him; showing him her true vulnerable self. That sassy strong girl was just a façade to survive this harsh world she chose to go through alone.

Chanyeol took crying Eunji into his wide embrace, hugging her just right so she could cry out her feelings comfortably.

-

Eunji headed for the bed straight away after closing her door. Chanyeol walked her back home after a long moment of wailing in his arms. A tad bit embarrassing but who cares. He knew her deepest darkest secret, there was nothing else she could or should hide from him—even if it’s swollen eyes and runny nose.

She was tired—not outside, she didn’t do much activity that day—but she lay on her cold sheets wide awake. Her soul was the one who’s tired. Some parts of it were stuck in the past but that one person whom she never thought of encountering helped her get through it and let go, move on.

Now some parts were still trapped, and that same person had declared he’d stay by her side no matter how dark or f-cked up her past could be. Someone she had only known for a few months back would stand with her and clean up the mess she made. If that’s not love, what was it then?

Eunji didn’t want to conclude anything first. Not until every case is closed. But she knew he was genuine and sincere towards her. That, she was sure.

-

Jongin silently walked into the apartment that evening. The room was dimmed with the living room TV as the only bright thing lighting his way. He looked around the room. “Where’s Seungyoon?” He’s usually watching drama around this time, now it was only the giant sleeping with his arm over his face. “Ya, Park Chanyeol!” Jongin shook his body.

“What?” Chanyeol answered as he got to his sense. “What is it?” Still with his eyes not fully open, he faced Jongin.

“Where’s Seungyoon? Did the visit went well?” Jongin asked as he sat down on the empty spot Chanyeol offered him. The latter was silent for a while, making the former wonder with questions.

“Let’s just say . . . in life, sometimes happens,” Chanyeol, with a shrug, finally answered Jongin, “And today, happened. We lost another roommie to share rent with.”

“Well, that’s certainly ty. Let’s find a replacement quickly.” Jongin got on his feet, ready to head to his room. Chanyeol stopped him though grabbing his hand in the process. “Dude, what the hell?” Jongin swiftly pulled his hand away. “I’m still normal.”

“You feel like soju?”

So they ended up in a pojangmacha down the street not that far from where their home was. Chanyeol poured a glass for Jongin and then for him. “I don’t want to be sentimental with a guy, and it’s not like I’m a sentimental guy to begin with, but if you want to tell me stuff well . . . I’m open.” Jongin took down the clear liquid in one go and waited for a response.

Chanyeol was staring down, not really focused on anything. “Dude,” he eventually said, “what would you do when you meet a girl who isn’t the person you really think she is?”

“Better or worse?”

“It’s not a problem when she’s better than what you thought, right?” Chanyeol answered. “But what if she’s worse? What if she’s just this completely f-cked up roller coaster ride? You thought you’re gonna get a smooth ride with just a little twist but in reality you get this one hell of a ride which makes you scream even when the car isn’t moving.”

“Damn . . . ,” Jongin muttered under his breath. “That was unexpected.” He didn’t have to hear a name, he knew who he was talking about. There’s only one girl his buddy was involved with currently.

“I know, exactly.” Chanyeol just nodded before gulping another shot of the alcohol.

“You know, you can just get off the ride. What happened could be an experience you can look back on or you could just walk away straight on, pretending like you never got on,” Jongin said. “It’s easy to choose when you’ve got options to choose from. But, it isn’t what your guts is saying, is it? It’s different in your head and in your heart, right?”

It’s hard to believe Jongin wasn’t a sentimental guy now that he’s talking like that.

“How’d you know?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter