So It Begins

Park Chanyeol vs. Her 7 Exes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji sat across Chanyeol. Despite the sound of the people passing by the convenience store they decided to meet up in, it was completely still between them. No words, no eye contact, and no one seemed to want to start the conversation.

The former kept on looking down at her shoes. She watched as the tips touched when she brought her feet together, and then stray far from each other when she parted them. Just like how she was with Chanyeol currently.

On the other hand, the latter, was reading the small writings printed on the can of his coffee. It was so small that it hurt his eyes to try and see them. Just like how he tried to look through Eunji and understand her. He somehow couldn't and always end up failing.

"I'm sorry," Eunji eventually opened the conversation, "I can only say I'm sorry. For dragging you into all this. Into my messed up life."

Chanyeol placed his can down and listened to her though they were still not making eye contact.

She then went on, "One minute I seemed to like you back and then another I pushed you away. But, don't get me wrong, Chanyeol, I do like you. I really do. A lot." She emphasized on the last word strongly. "You're so nice and funny, and you're so comfortable to be with. But, again, I'm sorry. It's so confusing right now."

He pursed his lips and exhaled lightly through his nose. There was nothing in his head currently, he was still trying to digest what she said.

"And also, about what you said at the bus terminal when we just got back from Incheon," Eunji continued, "I thought about it a lot and I felt really bad I couldn't run after you and say the same thing back to you straight away, right at that moment." She buried her face in her palms and heavily breathed out. "My feelings are all mixed up after that Incheon visit."

"It's not your fault, then," Chanyeol shrugged, "I'm the one who insisted you should go there and settle things down with him yet it only troubled you, and me, even more."

"No, of course it's not. It was the rightest thing I could have done. To settle one last time and start a new, happier life without being so hung up in the past anymore," she argued. "It's so easy to say things. I wish it could be that easy. However, this heart of mine decided to be weak and all confused when there's actually already someone better right in front of me this whole damn time!" At this point, Eunji is upset at herself. For getting someone else into trouble that is her love life.

"Eunji-ya," Chanyeol softly called out. "I'm not going to lie, it really is a ty thing to be left hanging with this . . . ambiguity, with no clear explanation of what you really are to someone. I'm not exactly a boyfriend to you, we haven't put a label to us, but I'm not exactly just a friend as well, we're way past that. And I do wonder sometimes if only this was all easier, for me, for you, for us, we'd be . . . happier, I guess? We won't be caught, all tangled up, in this mess now, and you'd say love me back. But, I know that life doesn't always work the way we want them to, does happens."

"Chan--"

"Wait, I'm not finished," Chanyeol cut her off, "If, inside, you love him that much but on the other hand you're still keeping me around, I'm letting you choose. Once and for all. Feel it in your heart, whom do you really want to be with? Is it me . . . or is it him that you really love? I fought for you so hard, so I think you should really take that into consideration."

Eunji let out a sigh.

"I hope to hear that answer soon, Ji." Chanyeol stood up and then said, "I'd love to talk to you more, I missed talking and spending time with you. But  the situation's not very supportive of our relationship right now." He manages a light chuckle. "I'll see you around, okay?" A smile was plastered on his face, and yet somehow Eunji knew it was not his sincere one. There's something about the smile that seemed forged.

"Okay, then," was all she could say.

Her eyes was glued to his broad back as he walked away from her, exiting the store area, and then blending into one with the other passerby. Until she could no longer see him and all that's left was loneliness.

-

Minhyuk checked the time on his phone screen for the umpteenth time already. He stood, once again, in front of Eunji's door with another bouquet in his hand. She wasn't, in fact, the type of girl who likes romantic gestures like this, Minhyuk knew that clearly but he still thought that'd be a nice change.

When they dated back then, going to the movies wasn't their thing; he'd go to her place and brought pizza to enjoy as they watch old releases in her laptop. Dinner wasn't also that much on their date agenda because she preffered to order take out instead and they'd talk about so many different, absolutely random, things as they eat. Just the two of them.

And Minhyuk wouldn't bring flowers because Eunji couldn't be bothered to, 'take care of a thing that would die in three days, anyways.' That's what she used to say.

"Why isn't she answering . . . ," he muttered to himself as he waited for Eunji to pick his call up.

Half a minute had passed since he came by. Eunji's nowhere to answer his knocking and calls, however.

"What are you doing?" asked a voice he'd been waiting for. She was coming toward him with slow steps. As she walked she never even once broke the eye contact between them.

"I brought lunch!" he lifted his right hand which held a white plastic bag. And also the bouquet. This time: red and white roses.

Eunji's expression wasn't very fond of the latter. She was hungry though, so she took the food from him. "Thanks," she said, before turnin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter